Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Oct 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #91 of 307
@Sefu , depending on the size of your show room of course, but I think it would be a great idea if you could host next year's CanCon 5.0. That way it could be a truly huge event. And, it would give you a lot of advertising and possible sales on the day. Kind of like the Whiskey Show but for audio. =D

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #92 of 307
  @Sefu , depending on the size of your show room of course, but I think it would be a great idea if you could host next year's CanCon 5.0. That way it could be a truly huge event. And, it would give you a lot of advertising and possible sales on the day. Kind of like the Whiskey Show but for audio. =D

I wish I had the room for such an event but I would consider sponsoring options for CC5

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #93 of 307
what about the date? end of November perhaps?

Of course the date is subject to number of people coming and subject to availability of the venue. At the moment I am considering last Sunday of November which is 30? November. I will most likely confirm if the con can 4.75 is going ahead as well as date and venue by the first weekend of November.

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #95 of 307

I wish I had the room for such an event but I would consider sponsoring options for CC5

Where your showroom is on the business side of Chatwood station seems like a great location with plenty of train and car access. There are lots of company offices around there (mostly architects and construction firms), so maybe there are cheap meeting rooms that you can look for in the office buildings nearby for the future CanCon events next year.

I thought one of the best things about the Tokyo headphone show I went recently was that the venue was very close to one of the big headphones retailer in Tokyo (Fujiya Avic) and they had spot sale booths with clearance stock and flyers with discount coupons if you visit their showroom during the meeting.

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #96 of 307
Where your showroom is on the business side of Chatwood station seems like a great location with plenty of train and car access. There are lots of company offices around there (mostly architects and construction firms), so maybe there are cheap meeting rooms that you can look for in the office buildings nearby for the future CanCon events next year.

Yep we are on the business side not too far away from the station.
The immediate option that came to mind was the concourse, it's a new building with large halls but being new my guess would be it's very expensive. I'm sure when the time comes we can collectively the find an option if we were to host it in Chatswood.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #97 of 307
I agree... We should be making it a collective effort. I am willing to help with any shortfalls but hopefully it needn't come to that: bring yo' friends! When I know the date I will be able to confirm better but last week in Nov suits greatly. Thanks for all the effort.

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #99 of 307
Do we have a confirmed date on this meet yet?

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #101 of 307
Ok thanks. I just need dates to see if I'm able to make it

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #102 of 307
Hi Guys,

I am interested too, but seeing as I am only just starting to scratch the surface of audio enjoyment, I don't really have anything. I did just buy AKG Q701's.

I had an old Topping D2, but am keen on getting onto a Pan Am stack.

Really just want to come and say hello, and see what I can see.

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #103 of 307
Hi everyone~

I can confirm that I have made a tentative booking for 30 November 2014 from 10:30am to 5:30pm in Epping.

Please note, the venue has changed from previous Can Cons and the new address will be made available later.

Regards,

Paul 

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #104 of 307
Thanks for the update Paul.

If you ever run into any financial problems I'm happy to put out a little extra, I'm sure everyone else wouldnt mind putting alittle extra as well.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #105 of 307
Damn I can't make the 30th. Mrs has organised an early Christmas party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back