Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
May 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #46 of 421
Hey Vlad, props for starting up this forum nice and early; good prep time.
The proposed date is good for me atm. However, since it's near 3 months away, I'll give a tentative YES- I'm attending for now.

I highly prefer a location which is near the City and/or close to train stations.

Gear I can maybe able to bring, provided I still have them:

LCD2 rev1
Sennheiser HD650
Vsonic GR-07
Hifiman RE-0

Corda Concerto Amp
Audinst DAC/AMP

Cheers

May 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #47 of 421
Quote:

Hi rzy6cn,

Are you ramos from headphoneclub? It's a bit weird that one is using lucky star as avatar and one is using... Well... xD

Because it's too hard to foresee my schedule, I think I'll register my interest when date and location have been finalised. I should be able to bring my new D7000 system, HD650 with "kind of broken" cable and EX1000. Although I'm having some difficulties about bringing my source plus I also have few earphones left in China, but I guess this can be sorted out later

Yes. I use this avatar (Ertai, the Corrupted) because Covenent use a 'normal' Ertai. I am just too lazy to change the Avatar.

Well I actually hope someone purchase the HE90 in the sales forum and bring to the meeting lol. It is too expensive for me to acquire at the moment. Although 9000 is a good deal today. 

May 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #48 of 421
$9000 *eyes water*

May 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #49 of 421
Quote:

Yes. I use this avatar (Ertai, the Corrupted) because Covenent use a 'normal' Ertai. I am just too lazy to change the Avatar.

Ertai fans unite!
biggrin.gif

I saw that HE90 as well... one of the few 'phones I've still never heard. HE60 is fantastic though, so I have to wonder just how much better the big brother could be...

May 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #50 of 421
Sorry gents, but I have to pull out. I will be away that weekend, plans changed as always and I miss another.. damn

May 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #51 of 421
Quote:

Ertai fans unite!
biggrin.gif

I saw that HE90 as well... one of the few 'phones I've still never heard. HE60 is fantastic though, so I have to wonder just how much better the big brother could be...

Probably I can bring a HE60 too, professionally modded by my friend, reterminated to Stax 5-Pin by Stax 009 Cable, also improved a lot in the shell. The HE60 sounds a bit like HE90 after rewired......

May 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 421
I'm fine with both days.

May 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #54 of 421
Just wondering it anyone would have a issue with having a meet on saturday instead of sunday.

I have no opinion regarding the date, but we should check if any of the vendors made any commitments (I doubt anyone did at this stage). To be honest I'm not sure if we'd really have a fixed date until we have a venue set.

For people tentatively saying yes or maybe/no - cheers/added/removed.
Hopefully the maybes and tentative yeses (same thing :D ) will pull through. I'm hoping that means - 'yes I'll try to lock this in and schedule other things around it' (tho obviously it's not always possible) :D

May 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #55 of 421
I'll love to attend the meet. Heres gear I'll be bringing given I still have them by then:

Headphones:
Audeze LCD2 Rev 1
Denon D5000
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s
Koss KSC75

DAC/Amps:
Fiio E10

I'll convince my headphone audiophile friends to come too and bring their gear.

May 14, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #56 of 421
Quote:
I'm very interested in hearing the akg340 again as I remember I didn't liked it very much, but my taste certainly changed quite a bit...

And I have a DV336...

K340 is not the greatest ever, but it is "interesting" and certainly worth a listen again.... 
I'm hoping to rewire and change the earpads from pleather to velour by then. Beyer pads were too small so I might try K240 pads (it's a very tight squeeze).

Svyr, 
I don't know how much gear I can take this time (depends on how far away from the nearest train station),
but I can bring my Lehmann BCL and RME Babyface if anyone is interested.

May 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #57 of 421
This sounds pretty cool...

Hopefully I can come along and see what awesome gear other people have. :D

Currently running a Tianyun ZERO DAC/Amp and a pair of Grado RS1i I should be able to bring along...

EDIT: could also bring a DACMagic and potentially an Arcam FMJ CD23T for a source, if it's somewhere I can drive to rather than train it... also because there seems to be somewhat of a discussion about a lack of sources for all these headphones. :)

May 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #58 of 421
So I've never attended a meet before....this sounds pretty interesting will probably try and attend this one to experience it.
Regarding the formalities to all this, is it kind of expected of participants to bring something to share? If so I can bring my MDR-CD900st if anyone is interested.

May 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #59 of 421
So I've never attended a meet before....this sounds pretty interesting will probably try and attend this one to experience it.
Regarding the formalities to all this, is it kind of expected of participants to bring something to share? If so I can bring my MDR-CD900st if anyone is interested.

Officially - no, unofficially - yes :D ? I'm sure people would like to hear MDR-CD900st, since they seem to be very nice sony monitors.

Thanks guys, will added the new participants and gear

>EDIT: could also bring a DACMagic and potentially an Arcam FMJ CD23T for a source, if it's somewhere I can drive to rather than train it... also because there seems to be somewhat of a discussion about a lack of sources for all these headphones. :)

Thanks Errymoose, added to the appropriate section. Sources and something to drive the sources if they're USB ones :D . Don't worry, worst case we'll just sit there and stare at pretty headphones.

Also, A2A (addicted 2 audio) confirmed they're interested and will most likely come. I PMed George asking for a proposed list of things he'd like to bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back