Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #196 of 1,313
Me too... and the titanium shell is so good looking aside that I can actually use them (with good care in all case but without being paranoid about scratching beautiful, but very fragile and flaky anodized finishing of most Andro models (was that an intended obsolescence move or just poor design?)..

Great to see Ara getting some love in this thread!

We're definitely not into planned obsolescence here at Campfire! Finding shell and coating solutions has been a continual pursuit with mixed results. We've done a lot of experimentation with shell materials, like being the first to use a liquid alloy shell, and every material offers its own set of benefits and challenges.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #197 of 1,313
Speaking of CFAs that work with an entire library's worth of music, Bonneville could easily satisfy this for me. I've just really started listening to it, but nothing in my test playlist sounded wrong or off. No skips, as @Rockwell75 mentions. This is rare for me and for the IEM to be closer to $1k than $2k is really a revelation. Bravo, CFA!!! Of course, YMMV, but for my primarily rock library, Bonneville just nails it with no tricks.

Love to hear this! Bonneville instantly became one of my favorites when I first heard it, and its versatility is one its (many) strengths.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #198 of 1,313
My rationalization for the VERY blind buy was that I wouldn't lose too much on a catch and release because it's so limited. Someone said 99, but I don't know. There is no serialization on the box. When I got my Onyx it had 157/250 right on the box. I'm keeping mine though.

Glad you're enjoying BlackStar! I've seen this 99 number a few times, not sure where it came from, so I wanted to clear this up. BlackStar's product run will be around 400 units. We don't have the final tally on them yet, and there were some elements in flux that made it hard to serialize them like we did with Onyx. The number available is dwindling pretty quickly, so they're approaching the end of their run.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #199 of 1,313
So glad CA is back here on head fi. Been a while!

I'm still a bit disappointed that my time with the Bonneville was pretty short. Potentially the best all around campfire iem I have heard. My ears however are quite sensitive and they unfortunately caused me some pain.

But yea CA was definitely my first foray into higher end iems. Started with the vega, moved on to the atlas, Polaris (v2 maybe?), Andromeda gold, solaris 2020, dorado 2020, honeydew, vega 2020, and Bonneville. Still have the vega 2020 and honeydew. Can't believe I have never heard a mainline Andromeda, and also definitely some I wish I still had.

Thanks for joining the thread!

Sorry that Bonneville didn't work out for you, but we really appreciate you giving them a try :)

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #200 of 1,313
Got to try the CFA Supermoon last night as well at an event organized by the retailer in my country. My love for that IEM has increased even more now. I am just thinking of grabbing a unit now. Sadly the retailer only has 3.5mm termination in stock :frowning2: Even if i purchase, I will have to wait atleast 2-3 weeks for the delivery of 4.4mm variant.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #201 of 1,313
Got to try the CFA Supermoon last night as well at an event organized by the retailer in my country. My love for that IEM has increased even more now. I am just thinking of grabbing a unit now. Sadly the retailer only has 3.5mm termination in stock :frowning2: Even if i purchase, I will have to wait atleast 2-3 weeks for the delivery of 4.4mm variant.
Unless you need a fancy lather case, you can buy 3.5mm version and buy 4.4 cable separately :)

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #203 of 1,313
Lovely set, enjoying this as I recover from JN1.

IMG_0017.jpeg

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #204 of 1,313
When I joined this hobby almost a decade ago, CFA was a real power house.
Then, the brand became a little quiet, and CanJam was skipped for a while...
I am very happy to see CFA is making a comeback, and with such positive acceptance!! :beerchug:

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #205 of 1,313
Lovely set, enjoying this as I recover from JN1.

IMG_0017.jpeg
That is quite a picture. The quality is so good you can literally see the ball sack fluid. 🤣

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #206 of 1,313
When I joined this hobby almost a decade ago, CFA was a real power house.
Then, the brand became a little quiet, and CanJam was skipped for a while...
I am very happy to see CFA is making a comeback, and with such positive acceptance!! :beerchug:

We're glad to be back! Really looking forward to joining folks as CanJam(s) this year! :beerchug:

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #207 of 1,313
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #208 of 1,313
Seeing the magnificent posts and beautiful photos reminds me of the thousands of hours I’ve spent with Campfire IEMs listening to music that has touched my soul and enriched my life so immensely.

IMG_2543.jpeg

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #209 of 1,313
Seeing the magnificent posts and beautiful photos reminds me of the thousands of hours I’ve spent with Campfire IEMs listening to music that has touched my soul and enriched my life so immensely.

IMG_2543.jpeg
Badlands, post made my day :v: thank you sir.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #210 of 1,313

Users who are viewing this thread

Back