Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #181 of 1,313
Sad day. No stock of black star in Australia (Addicted to Audio). I have no courage to blind buy a campfire IEM, so I would need to sit this one out.

Would appreciate if anyone find a frequency response graph of these IEMs.
thread
It seems to be the goldilocks Solaris for the original series. I believe there's more impressions in the "New CFA release"
I've looked all over for measurements but couldn't find any in the wild.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #182 of 1,313
thread
It seems to be the goldilocks Solaris for the original series. I believe there's more impressions in the "New CFA release"
I've looked all over for measurements but couldn't find any in the wild.
Thanks for the link. I’m also coming from U12t and Andro 2020. An attractive choice indeed.

My wallet is scared now.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #183 of 1,313
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #184 of 1,313
Thanks for the link. I’m also coming from U12t and Andro 2020. An attractive choice indeed.

My wallet is scared now.
Same, U12t has been my reference for the last few years and recently added Andro 2020. So I'm also very curious to hear the Black Star!

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #185 of 1,313
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #186 of 1,313
Sad day. No stock of black star in Australia (Addicted to Audio). I have no courage to blind buy a campfire IEM, so I would need to sit this one out.

Would appreciate if anyone find a frequency response graph of these IEMs.
My rationalization for the VERY blind buy was that I wouldn't lose too much on a catch and release because it's so limited. Someone said 99, but I don't know. There is no serialization on the box. When I got my Onyx it had 157/250 right on the box. I'm keeping mine though.

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #187 of 1,313
So glad CA is back here on head fi. Been a while!

I'm still a bit disappointed that my time with the Bonneville was pretty short. Potentially the best all around campfire iem I have heard. My ears however are quite sensitive and they unfortunately caused me some pain.

But yea CA was definitely my first foray into higher end iems. Started with the vega, moved on to the atlas, Polaris (v2 maybe?), Andromeda gold, solaris 2020, dorado 2020, honeydew, vega 2020, and Bonneville. Still have the vega 2020 and honeydew. Can't believe I have never heard a mainline Andromeda, and also definitely some I wish I still had.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #188 of 1,313
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #189 of 1,313
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #190 of 1,313
Meanwhile, I try to for a decent photo *A WILD DUST STORM HAS APPEARED*

Storm photos are amazing though!

Here's a close up of the Cerakote from Andromeda :)

thumbnail_IMG_9093.jpg

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #191 of 1,313
Storm photos are amazing though!

Here's a close up of the Cerakote from Andromeda :)

thumbnail_IMG_9093.jpg
Ey, what is that pretty andromeda? Such a nice colour coordination

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #192 of 1,313
Ey, what is that pretty andromeda? Such a nice colour coordination

It's a Pacific Blue-- one of the early OG special editions.

I'm tempted to blind buy a Black Star...but I honestly really don't need any more IEMs right now...and I should just wait until CanJam NYC to move on anything else. Definitely interested to see what CFA has in store for that weekend.

In other news this was my travel companion today:

A5F75B30-FBDE-4C21-B5FE-1F76B9D9BD46.JPEG

Pure bliss.

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #193 of 1,313
IMG_8796.jpeg

Still a beautiful IEM to listen to. Especially out of the SP2k. Elegantly clear and musical with female vocals. The Andro2020 were my pick of the releases back then. And I enjoy them most times I pick them up.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #194 of 1,313
I have the Holocene and love it - can you tell me more about how you find the Blackstar in comparison, as I was thinking of trading up to it
Oh man, this is a tough comparison! I think that BlackStar will have elements from both Holocene and Onyx that you'll enjoy. Also, disclaimer: it's been some time since I've listened to Onyx, so I'm working from a bit of memory here.

BlackStar will bring the technical chops and crisp detail that you find with Holocene, but it isn't quite as neutral of a tuning, with more forward vocals/mid-range and more physicality and presence in the low end. Onyx, overall, is more toward the v-shaped tuning, though it's a fairly balanced v-shape, though I think BlackStar is more on the Holocene end of the spectrum. I think if you like both of these models BlackStar will be a really fun addition that compliments your current collection while also suiting your personal listening tastes.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #195 of 1,313
Pic missing my Ara and Andro S that have been borrowed by a friend...
These IEMs sound so good.. just wish the beautiful, but flaky, anodized finishing of most of them is so easy to scratch and ruin..
Wow, that is an awesome collection! Some real rare pieces there. Thanks so much for your support!

We definitely feel you re: the coatings, finding shell solutions is a continual pursuit and we're always looking for new avenues and improvements to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back