Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #9,572 of 9,829
Ah, what the heck, I ordered a pair of Honeydew! Hopefully they'll be my cheap & fun IEMs!!

Really cool how many people have jumped on these out of the gate. If they can live up to Polaris 2's reputation I'll be very happy.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #9,574 of 9,829
Thanks! Now I wonder if the fit is better with the Honeydew... And are they worth buying if I already own the OG Vega...?

I personally wouldn't say so, it is a cheaper model and less "engineered". The fit is very good, that said, I find the lighter plastic shells to stay put better than the heavier metal and ceramic ones. I do agree with Sebastian's sentiments on the new Dorado 2020/Vega 2020, the shell design is basically the same as the OG Vega but the new cable is much better and the nozzle has a better angle and depth so they are an improvement overall. The Dorado is a good avenue since it has a BA driver which does provide noticeably more detail.

Can't comment on the Equinox as I've only tried Solstice. At the very least, custom form factor is peak comfort since they're made for your ears specifically. Campfire audio offer an "audiophile fit" option which has a much shallower fit depth/shorter nozzle length and less wearing pressure which are comfier yet. That said, if it's your first time going the custom route, really make sure you have good impressions as this will directly influence your fit and comfort experience.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #9,575 of 9,829
The fit is very good, that said, I find the lighter plastic shells to stay put better than the heavier metal and ceramic ones. I do agree with Sebastian's sentiments on the new Dorado 2020/Vega 2020, the shell design is basically the same as the OG Vega but the new cable is much better and the nozzle has a better angle and depth so they are an improvement overall. The Dorado is a good avenue since it has a BA driver which does provide noticeably more detail.
Really? The design to me feels a lot more like a rounded off version of the andromeda style rather, rather than the og vega/lyra/dorado style shell (or by extension the new vega/dorado which is just a larger version). Perhaps size wise though they are closer, but I dont have any of the others to compare.

Regardless, absolutely agree about the fit. They weigh nothing, theres no hard edges, the shape sits well. But I have found most of the campfire IEMs with the exception of the solaris have been pretty good fit wise.

And yes, I would agree, that if someone already has one of the more expensive models, theres probably not a ton of reason to get this, other than to have a cheaper beater pair with bombastic bass. Cant speak to the satsuma though.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #9,576 of 9,829
Ah, what the heck, I ordered a pair of Honeydew! Hopefully they'll be my cheap & fun IEMs!!

Doing my job as a CFA shill, totally not sponsored by @KB at all xD.

Really cool how many people have jumped on these out of the gate. If they can live up to Polaris 2's reputation I'll be very happy.

It's a shame that the Polaris 2 got discontinued way too soon.

A bunch of people hopped on the Polaris bandwagon way too late and hopefully Honeydew will fill that basshead void.

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #9,577 of 9,829
Really? The design to me feels a lot more like a rounded off version of the andromeda style rather, rather than the og vega/lyra/dorado style shell (or by extension the new vega/dorado which is just a larger version). Perhaps size wise though they are closer, but I dont have any of the others to compare.

Regardless, absolutely agree about the fit. They weigh nothing, theres no hard edges, the shape sits well. But I have found most of the campfire IEMs with the exception of the solaris have been pretty good fit wise.

And yes, I would agree, that if someone already has one of the more expensive models, theres probably not a ton of reason to get this, other than to have a cheaper beater pair with bombastic bass. Cant speak to the satsuma though.
Sorry I think there's some confusion here! I was talking about the Dorado 2020 vs OG Vega in my shell shape comparison. Honeydew is almost like a fusion between CFAs BA and DD shell design like you say :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #9,578 of 9,829
I actually kind of prefer the 2.5mm termination though, for its versatility more than anything. I'm a big fan of the pure silver litz cable, it's one of the most ergonomic cables I have.
100% agree in both! Against many people’s opinion I prefer 2,5 to 4,4, too, and the silver litz is one of the best cables ever in terms of ergonomics! Never understood why so many cables had to go thicker than this…

Jun 29, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #9,580 of 9,829
Sorry I think there's some confusion here! I was talking about the Dorado 2020 vs OG Vega in my shell shape comparison. Honeydew is almost like a fusion between CFAs BA and DD shell design like you say :)
Ahh my bad! That's how I read the post you were responding to, so I thought that was also what you were saying about the shape.

Jul 3, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #9,582 of 9,829
Can anyone recommend some alternate of Final Audio E tips that comes close to its sound performance without the bulletproof seal it provides.

I tried the default silicon one (the largest size) and it sounds totally different to my ears than the Final Audio one but than it was really comfortable as it does not create that kind of suction.

It will be for my Andromeda 2020.

Jul 3, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #9,583 of 9,829
Can anyone recommend some alternate of Final Audio E tips that comes close to its sound performance without the bulletproof seal it provides.

I tried the default silicon one (the largest size) and it sounds totally different to my ears than the Final Audio one but than it was really comfortable as it does not create that kind of suction.

I received Andro2020 this week and so far I've had good success with Azla Sedna EarFit Light. I think the Xelastec will also work well, just need to spend a bit more time with them.

Jul 3, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #9,584 of 9,829

Xelastics are my one and only for the Andromeda 2020. They are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back