Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Oct 19, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #61 of 470
And if you add one to your cart, you find that it is $1,949 - rather more than suggested at the beginning of this thread.

[Edit]:Oops! I see that $1949 is Canadian $$, not US....

I look forward to a review. I love my Andromeda 2020s, but the money we made on the sale of our house is burning a hole in my pocket...

Where in Canada do you live?

Oct 19, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #62 of 470
Hola chanflin65. Estoy agradecido por el Traductor de Google. Me alegra que estés disfrutando de Solaris Stellar Horizon. Mis impresiones se basaron en experiencias muy breves en CanJam. Mi Solaris favorito hasta ahora es el Solaris SE. Siento que tenía mejor textura de graves y medios que los demás. Me gustaría pasar más tiempo con Stellar Horizon para poder apreciarlo más. Por casi 3k, es más difícil de vender para mí que el Trifecta, que se ajusta más a mis preferencias. La Bonneville es, en general, más divertida y grandilocuente que la línea Solaris, con una respuesta de graves más deseable. Esta es una preferencia personal, entonces YMMV y todo eso.
Hey Rockwell75 , is there anything you cannot do , you should be the official Watercooler interpreter .

Oct 23, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #63 of 470
Still no graphs/reviews ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oct 26, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #64 of 470
How is the treble extension on the Bonneville? I’m a little concerned that not having EST’s won’t give me the extension and sparkle I’m looking for…
@Rockwell75 please share your inputs here. Is the treble done decently on the Bonneville. It will be in stock next week at one of the dealers. Hoping to get a unit for myself.

Oct 26, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #66 of 470
Anyone else who ordered get a shipping notification today? My Bonneville should hopefully be here on Saturday.

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #67 of 470
Just an FYI for anyone that doesn’t get Campfire newsletters in their email or have them on Instagram, they are stating that they are not discontinuing their current models. Andromeda and Solaris will be back in stock soon. Looks like once Astral Plane is gone, it’s gone though.

I’m sure this was asked to them many times, enough to warrant an email stating it. I know I emailed their customer service about it when these models were announced but did not get a definite answer at the time.

Anywho… excited for the Bonneville reviews to roll in!!

Oct 26, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #68 of 470
Does anyone know why Campfire publish their sensitivity specs the way they do? I’ve seen so many reviews that list the sensitivity as 94dB/mW. If the reviewers get it wrong, then I’m sure it confuses a lot of other people.
I guess the exact number really isn’t that important. We can just assume they’re super sensitive and you need a dead quiet amp to drive them. Because if you ever actually run a full mW through just about any Campfire IEM you might melt your ears.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #69 of 470
Just placed an order for bonneville and 4.4 time stream cable. A bit of a shot in the dark considering the lack of reviews/impressions but I heard it may be an andromeda with dd bass so I couldn’t resist.

I’m looking forward for more impressions here from people that will receive it first.

And First review available https://majorhifi.com/campfire-audio-bonneville-review/

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #71 of 470
Andromeda 2020 with DD bass (a la Hyla). My dream...
I'll wait for more impressions on sound but also fit as the shell is quite unusual looking

More like a hybrid of the OG and 2020 Andro...I found it to have more energy/sparkle up top than I remember on the 2020.

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #72 of 470
Andromeda 2020 with DD bass (a la Hyla). My dream...
I'll wait for more impressions on sound but also fit as the shell is quite unusual looking

Yes, Andro is still a special iem beside the bass and the sensitivity. I tested a universal supermoon a couple of weeks ago that should be similar to the bonneville shells and I found the fit very comfortable.

It actually find the new campfire iems quite nice looking with the semi custom looking shells but it may be just me :)

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #73 of 470
Yes, Andro is still a special iem beside the bass and the sensitivity. I tested a universal supermoon a couple of weeks ago that should be similar to the bonneville shells and I found the fit very comfortable.

It actually find the new campfire iems quite nice looking with the semi custom looking shells but it may be just me :)

I agree they are quite nice looking-- if you jive with the rather eye catching and bold color choices. The material they use feels very high quality as well. I belive it is chosen because they can 3d print the shells which gives them easier control over their shape and the internal acoustics etc.

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #74 of 470
More like a hybrid of the OG and 2020 Andro...I found it to have more energy/sparkle up top than I remember on the 2020.
This really intrigues me. I owned the 2020 for a while and really enjoyed it. Sadly I never tried any other Andromeda besides Emerald Sea. I feel like the previous Andromeda (2019) was highly regarded, I would really love to try it out.

I know Bloom has brand new 2019 Andromedas in stock for under $800, I’m a little torn between trying out this legacy IEM or skipping it once again and going for Bonneville.

Either way, I can’t wait to audition at their head quarters in Portland next month. Does anyone know if they only audition newer sets, or if they have legacy sets to audition as well?

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #75 of 470
This really intrigues me. I owned the 2020 for a while and really enjoyed it. Sadly I never tried any other Andromeda besides Emerald Sea. I feel like the previous Andromeda (2019) was highly regarded, I would really love to try it out.

I know Bloom has brand new 2019 Andromedas in stock for under $800, I’m a little torn between trying out this legacy IEM or skipping it once again and going for Bonneville.

Either way, I can’t wait to audition at their head quarters in Portland next month. Does anyone know if they only audition newer sets, or if they have legacy sets to audition as well?

I have no idea RE auditions at their HQ however earlier Andros are readily available on the used market, often for < $500. If you want to try one on a lark maybe go that route.

Edit: The selling feature of the Bonneville over Andro is its bass response, which no version of the Andromeda can compete with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back