Campfire Audio Andromeda S
Feb 19, 2019 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

szore

Headphoneus Supremus
Spoke to Ken at Canjam; there will be no more production runs of the SS version of Andromeda!

Mar 7, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 12
Mar 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 12
Do you think it is feasible someone would swap there Solaris for AndromedaS?

If you threw in an extra $400 maybe. Used Andros go for about $850 - $900 and Solaris (used) for about $1300.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 12
If you threw in an extra $400 maybe. Used Andros go for about $850 - $900 and Solaris (used) for about $1300.
Yes but my point is the AndroSS is limited edition, that should drive up the price.

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Do you think it is feasible someone would swap there Solaris for AndromedaS?
I think it is not wise to swap Solaris for AndroSS. I find AndroSS sits between Solaris and Andromeda. It has the richness of solaris and neutrality of Andromeda but Solaris does everything better. Soundstage and musicality!

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 12
Yes but my point is the AndroSS is limited edition, that should drive up the price.

I guess that depends on how you approach this hobby. If you come at it with a trading card mentality where value is determined by rarity and novelty then sure...but if, like I imagine most people, you determine the value based on sound quality, then perhaps not.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 12
I guess that depends on how you approach this hobby. If you come at it with a trading card mentality where value is determined by rarity and novelty then sure...but if, like I imagine most people, you determine the value based on sound quality, then perhaps not.
Of course. But at the same time things do have a value, and if I am going to give up the SS to buy the Solaris, or keep the SS, I have a right to know what the fair price is. But your point is valid!

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 12
I think it is not wise to swap Solaris for AndroSS. I find AndroSS sits between Solaris and Andromeda. It has the richness of solaris and neutrality of Andromeda but Solaris does everything better. Soundstage and musicality!
Yeah, that's my dilemma!

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 12
Of course. But at the same time things do have a value, and if I am going to give up the SS to buy the Solaris, or keep the SS, I have a right to know what the fair price is.

Absolutely. At the end of the day it's the market that determines value-- you can ask whatever you want and so long as there is someone out there willing to pay then it's all good. That said if you suspect that the SS will have extra value due to rarity then it might be an idea to put them away to preserver their condition and wait a few years until the rarity drives their value up.

Jan 18, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #12 of 12
Anyone who still owns these compare them to the Andromeda 2020?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back