Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jun 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #1,636 of 19,136

give the yamaha to me??
Quote:
Well the question is all mute now!  Iv'e brushed off the bug, thrown it on the ground and stomped it dead!  I'm giving away my newly acquired Yamaha CR 820, keeping the Marantz 2215b I stole for $5 replacing a light in it and not looking back.  I decided NOT to go to that house today with the scores of vintage gear from 67 receivers, speakers, turntables, tubes reel to reels, and what not.  I knew if I did I'd never return, my bank account would further diminish and I'd truly become a vintage junky.  This stuff is way too beautiful and way too hard to resist. I know it will simply consume me if I go down the path.  Now I just have to get that bug off my shoe...

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #1,637 of 19,136

Quote:
Well the question is all mute now!  Iv'e brushed off the bug, thrown it on the ground and stomped it dead!  I'm giving away my newly acquired Yamaha CR 820, keeping the Marantz 2215b I stole for $5 replacing a light in it and not looking back.  I decided NOT to go to that house today with the scores of vintage gear from 67 receivers, speakers, turntables, tubes reel to reels, and what not.  I knew if I did I'd never return, my bank account would further diminish and I'd truly become a vintage junky.  This stuff is way too beautiful and way too hard to resist. I know it will simply consume me if I go down the path.  Now I just have to get that bug off my shoe...

Personally, I'd keep the Yamaha and sell the Marantz.  Secondly, you'll never get the bug off your shoes, once you're hooked it's hard to get it off, haha.  Do you still check craigslist while you check your emails? :p

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,638 of 19,136

Quote:
Personally, I'd keep the Yamaha and sell the Marantz.  Secondly, you'll never get the bug off your shoes, once you're hooked it's hard to get it off, haha.  Do you still check craigslist while you check your emails? :p

Craigs list, eBay, local eBay, oodle.com, all the local markets that fuel an OCD's yearning. I've got to get rid of both the Yamaha and the Marantz.  Could be a fast and furious trip to the Goodwill...and then a stop for a new pair of shoes...

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,639 of 19,136

Quote:

Craigs list, eBay, local eBay, oodle.com, all the local markets that fuel an OCD's yearning. I've got to get rid of both the Yamaha and the Marantz.  Could be a fast and furious trip to the Goodwill...and then a stop for a new pair of shoes...

Hah, once you step into the Goodwill and you see something you like, you might come out with 3 items :p

Keep the Yammie as a bedside unit :p

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #1,641 of 19,136
Quote:

Have you seen the vintage thread on Shoe-Fi? Some really amazing finds going on in Goodwill stores...

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,642 of 19,136
Anyone familiar with Realistic STA- 2100? It's supposed to be made by foster (fostex)

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #1,643 of 19,136
Hi, need some advice from experienced users.
Do you think a very good 70's receiver or integrated amp is capable of matching or besting a $500-$1,000 desktop headphone amp such as Violectric V200, driving Audeze LCD2 headphones?
Those VU meters drive me crazy, but ultimately I will choose performance over looks....
Thanks!

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #1,644 of 19,136
I have only used a gilmore lite with DPS on my LCD2 and a kenwood kr 720 and a sansui G-7000. The kenwood worked awesome with the he5-le but not as good on the LCD2.  The Sansui worked awesome with the LCD2 better than the gilmore lite. 

Quote:
Hi, need some advice from experienced users.
Do you think a very good 70's receiver or integrated amp is capable of matching or besting a $500-$1,000 desktop headphone amp such as Violectric V200, driving Audeze LCD2 headphones?
Those VU meters drive me crazy, but ultimately I will choose performance over looks....
Thanks!

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #1,649 of 19,136
Can't be any worse than mine.

Jun 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #1,650 of 19,136

Quote:
what u guys think about sansui au 101? worth to grab?

Sure if it works and the price is right, entry level amp IIRC

Quote:
I have lived in many parts of the country and I would have to rate the Goodwill here where I am as the worst I've ever seen. A 1 on a scale of 10.  

Nah, I have it worse, never find anything up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back