C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Apr 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,681 of 3,421
Quote:
Or you could try wrapping your head in tin foil.

+1 on the second solution
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #1,683 of 3,421

hiss or noise? a tiny hiss is being present on out 1 all the time and especially in high gain mode. out 2 is much more silent and you need to crunk up the volume all the way to hear some hiss.

noise? i found no noise whatsoever. so are we speaking about noise really?

I'm still new to this 
confused.gif
 So no idea if its EMI, Noise or Hiss...
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:

Do you hear this noise all the time or only during charging? 

All the time when i have my music paused. I'll try to use it for a while more before deciding whether to get it changed or not.. Kinda worried i'll get the same thing if i do ask for a replacement.. Its not THAT annoying, but these noises tend to get on my nerves alot.. 

But i do love when i have all 3 on, or just the LF on. Still looking for that balance. But overall, its not too much of a problem. 

Edit 1 : I'll try to use Out2 for now.. Currently awaiting my arrival of the Sansa Clip along with my SMSL audio cable.. Hopefully they arrive tomorrow.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #1,684 of 3,421
Quote:
Or you could try wrapping your head in tin foil.

I just tried that while I was out jogging but it doesn't seem to work, simply seeing where I'm going, breathing and even microphonics becomes more of an issue and everyone was laughing at me for some reason! 
confused.gif

Wouldn't it be better adding an RF noise modulator to the cable combined with a faraday cage for the phone?

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,685 of 3,421
I just tried that while I was out jogging but it doesn't seem to work, simply seeing where I'm going, breathing and even microphonics becomes more of an issue and everyone was laughing at me for some reason! 
confused.gif

Wouldn't it be better adding an RF noise modulator to the cable combined with a faraday cage for the phone?

That's because you didn't burn the tin foil in first. Everybody knows that.

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,687 of 3,421
Quote:
i wanted to get the BH amp  but this -> "professionally designed low-impedance headphones" really bothered me cause im planning to pair this up with my 150ohm Re262. 
size]

from what I know, it has two output jack. One 75ohm output for how impedance phone, and one for normal phone. 150 cannot be that hard to drive from its normal output.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,688 of 3,421
Quote:
from what I know, it has two output jack. One 75ohm output for how impedance phone, and one for normal phone. 150 cannot be that hard to drive from its normal output.

This is true, and i also doubt the 262's are so power hungry that the BH cant feed it lol.

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,690 of 3,421
Quote:
Thanks! But would the E11 able to drive it better? If not, ill pull the trigger on the BH amp. ^_^

The BH will handle them just fine, stuff get lost in translation.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #1,692 of 3,421
Just acquired a backup BH and in the UK too! Considering I major doubts about this amp in the beginning, having a twin brother as backup hopefully shows what a steal of an amp it is.
$99 £60, you don`t get much for that these days.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #1,693 of 3,421
Quote:
E12 will have more power. But I think BH should power it to the same level as E11.

e11 has a max output of around 180mw..... BH has a max output of 300mw

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #1,694 of 3,421
I've been using this amp for a while now and I continue to be impressed.  It's like a breath of fresh air.  The soundstage is amazing and everything just comes to life.  I've been listening to my whole music collection over again.

I am a basshead, I admit it.  My old Fiio e6 had more bass than the BH.  But, what's funny is that I prefer the bass on the BH compared to the Fiio.  While there is less bass quantity, the bass is much clearer/cleaner than my old Fiio.

I only have 2 minor negatives about the amp though.

1)  The jacks are way too loose.  There's been a lot of times where I plugged my headphones in and put it in my pocket, only to have the headphones come out of the jack.  It'd be great if this was tighter.
2)  The volume pot is a bit strange.  From the off position to about 9 o'clock, the volume increase is substantial.  Between off and 9 o'clock, if I move the knob a little bit, the volume increases a lot. However, from 9 o'clock and on, the volume increase is minimal.  It doesn't increase as much.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,695 of 3,421
Quote:
e11 has a max output of around 180mw..... BH has a max output of 300mw

it's 300 mw per channel... so 600mw total

E11 is[size=small] Maximum Output Power[font= 'sans-serif']:[/font]Voltage=HIGH  300mW(16Ω)[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back