Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 5, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #4,052 of 4,426
@CraftyCrown, you could have both and enjoy the best of both world :)

This!!! In the true head-fi fashion. They are definitely different enough to justify the second purchase. Sadly, and ask anyone here, I was probably one of the biggest fan boys of the Ref 1... I was absolutely shocked when I preferred the P5. I knew I'd like it, but had no idea how much. P5 is hands down, best iem I've ever heard and/or owned. Ref 1 comes in second, but at this point it's a distant second. Still love my Ref 1 though.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #4,053 of 4,426
This!!! In the true head-fi fashion. They are definitely different enough to justify the second purchase. Sadly, and ask anyone here, I was probably one of the biggest fan boys of the Ref 1... I was absolutely shocked when I preferred the P5. I knew I'd like it, but had no idea how much. P5 is hands down, best iem I've ever heard and/or owned. Ref 1 comes in second, but at this point it's a distant second. Still love my Ref 1 though.

Hey Warrior,

Could you please cite any examples of your preference of P5 over Ref.1?

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #4,055 of 4,426
Absolutely, just generalizations, or music references included?

Top line please.  Of course, if you have time to write detail comparisons please do.

Cheers

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #4,058 of 4,426
Guys, I just bought Ref1 and I am reading Plus5 is way better than Ref1. Please don't saying like that. I don't want to buy Plus5 for now!!!

lol, they're very different mate. The Ref1 toos are amazing, so enjoy :D

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #4,061 of 4,426
Just another good story- just upgraded the Ref1 Too's cable to the gold/silver Tralucent cable.I can hear a lot of improvement such as more detailed refined faster sound,with a deeper bass.
Definitely worth it.
Now if the Plus5 with Uber Too cable will give me at least 15-20% increase in sound quality then I will get that also later on.Tera Player +Ref1 Too with gold/silver cable= terrific sound.
One doesn't need to have much to be happy:yum::yum::yum:

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #4,062 of 4,426
Thanks Crafty and Warrior. Now I can sleep well.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am still waiting my Ref1, probably next week it will be arrive. I am so excited.

You are going to LOVE it! :D

Just another good story- just upgraded the Ref1 Too's cable to the gold/silver Tralucent cable.I can hear a lot of improvement such as more detailed refined faster sound,with a deeper bass.
Definitely worth it.
Now if the Plus5 with Uber Too cable will give me at least 15-20% increase in sound quality then I will get that also later on.Tera Player +Ref1 Too with gold/silver cable= terrific sound.

I'm glad it's found a new happy home and especially glad you're enjoying it mate.

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #4,063 of 4,426
Definitely worth it.

Reckon you can retire your Porta Pro now mate? Or they still putting up a fight?

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #4,065 of 4,426
The bass in the Porta Pro modified is different then in the Ref1 Too, and it is present and punchy.
And to answer your question: the Porta Pro will be used only in the park training:thumbsup: where sweating is not a problem for them.

You know, I was eyeing (the same) pair you purchased, did ponder upon it but let them go to someone else. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back