Brainwavz changed the WHOLE construction of Betas! Are they make their own fakes...? Edited: "Fake Beta from MP4nation..."
Jan 24, 2012 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

garcsa

Member of the Trade: Mandarines IEM Memory Foam Eartips
Edit:

The new Betas did not came from the same production line.
Please don't say me that two IEMs came with same driver but different shells, filters and cables produce exacty the same sound!

Hi,

Bought these  phones  from MP4nation when I read jokers and others reviews. After the first attempt to change the ear tips the shell fall apart in two pieces ( My thread.). RMA-d it. Get the "new" pair....Exactly the  same what I sent back.
The photos (left : Beta sent to me, right: pics from MP4nation site) 

After I have to open two "tickets" to get the answer, here Is what the MP4nation said:

- "The Betas now come this way, the design is more stable and sturdy."

- "The Brainwavz Beta look like that now, there is nothing wrong with what you have, changes were made to make them better.                        The sound is the same too."

If this design is "more stable and sturdy" and "the sound is the same too" - than DO NOT BUY IT !
How the sound can be the same with different filters, different shells and different cables???

Nevertheless have a nice day to everybody and long live R'n'R!

smile.gif

Edit:

Now you can see the evidence. On the left made by mark2410. On the right my photo (metal filter removed).
There are 3 marks (red , green, blue) where you can see  that these two products 
DID NOT came from the same mould!

Me - and who knows how many customers too  - DID NOT received the same Betas what mark2410 and joker  tested!
And this is not abot my 20 bucks but about the
reputation of  MP4n. !

Anybody....?

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 59

Quote:
Hi,

Bought these  phones  from MP4nation when I read jokers and others reviews. After the first attempt to change the ear tips the shell fall apart in two pieces ( My thread.). RMA-d it. Get the "new" pair....
The photos (left : Beta sent to me, right: pics from MP4nation site) 

After I have to open two "tickets" to get the answer, here Is what the MP4nation said:

- "The Betas now come this way, the design is more stable and sturdy."

- "The Brainwavz Beta look like that now, there is nothing wrong with what you have, changes were made to make them better.                        The sound is the same too."

If this design is "more stable and sturdy" and "the sound is the same too" - than DO NOT BUY IT !
How the sound can be the same with different filters, different shells and different cables???

Nevertheless have a nice day to everybody and long live R'n'R!

smile.gif

Um, Brainwavz is MP4Nation's in house brand. Quality issues aside, they are definitely not fake. You may have had bad luck with your pair but they did discuss making changes to their design some time ago.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 59

Quote:
Don't say ridiculous things. Who would make fake of ****ty 10$ earphones?

Haha. Don't say that! The Brainwaz Beta's are actually fantastic for their price.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 59
Manufacturers make slight changes to their IEM designs all the time. They do that to improve durability/usability/sound. Obviously the revision is superior, with L-plug, sturdy housing, and earwax filter. 

You sent in an old model and they replaced you with a better and newer model, then you come onto forums and cry fake? Like Nitpit said, why would a reputable company send you a fake product of their house brand, on a $10 IEM?

Don't say ridiculous things +1

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #7 of 59

Quote:
Manufacturers make slight changes to their IEM designs all the time. They do that to improve durability/usability/sound. Obviously the revision is superior, with L-plug, sturdy housing, and earwax filter. 

You sent in an old model and they replaced you with a better and newer model, then you come onto forums and cry fake? Like Nitpit said, why would a reputable company send you a fake product of their house brand, on a $10 IEM?

Actually, I think he did a good thing. Pricing of said IEMs aside, if a store would be selling fakes or doing scams in other ways, I would not only want it, but also expect it, to be heard here.

I think he should've contacted the webstore before coming here, to get answers to any questions about the IEMs. But I won't fault him for coming here telling us all about it. I would do the same thing if I found out that someone is selling fakes or whatevs.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #8 of 59
They did announce they would improve the cable so might explain some changes without making new pics.

The feedback on this thread has been quite interesting, again i am really happy to read that so many people are enjoying these but there seems to be a consensus that some parts of the build and accessories could be improved. I am working on getting the cabling changed on the next production, this will be purely an aesthetic upgrade, the cable will feel better and be a bit thicker. There will also be a carrying case to go with them, it will be the new case we have been working on, which will ultimately replace the standard round case that comes with most of our earphones. The two changes will not happen till the next production run, which is only scheduled for completion in November.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 59
First who understand the point of my thread...

Quote:

Actually, I think he did a good thing. Pricing of said IEMs aside, if a store would be selling fakes or doing scams in other ways, I would not only want it, but also expect it, to be heard here.

I think he should've contacted the webstore before coming here, to get answers to any questions about the IEMs. But I won't fault him for coming here telling us all about it. I would do the same thing if I found out that someone is selling fakes or whatevs.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 59

Quote:

1.) - "Slight changes" --haha 
etysmile.gif
. 2.) - Earwax filter? This is a metal bushy sieve - which have a drastic influence to the high frequencies ! 3.) Strudy - NO Comment !

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #15 of 59

Now you can see the evidence. On the left made by mark2410. On the right my photo (metal filter removed).
There are 3 marks (red , green, blue) where you can see  that these two products 
DID NOT came from the same mould!

Me - and who knows how many customers too  - DID NOT received the same Betas what mark2410 and joker  tested!
And this is not abot my 20 bucks but about the
reputation of Br.W. and MP4n. !

Anybody....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back