Bluetin.com
Sep 25, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #62 of 67
Well, it is often a hit or miss case with postal service - thus the reason to avoid them for important or expensive goods. The fact that it is untraceable certainly makes it harder for you in this case.

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #64 of 67
Airmail might not even have a receipt. The normal way of posting an unregistered / normal small package in South East Asia is, you bring the package to the post office, they weight the package and tell you the fee for stamp to the destination, then you pay for the stamps and glue them on, then they take the package away (or you drop it in the box yourself).

Consider this, if somehow the package did get sent to you but stuck somewhere in China (which can happen especially if you consider that the BIG 2 weeks China national holidays is coming soon), won't it makes all your complaint bogus? I mean, I know Bluetin did tell you it only take 3 days to go to China, but lets be realistic about it - it takes DHL more than three days (usually a week+) to send a package to me (from China), how long do you think it will take China Post to do the same job during a busy session? I understand your frustration on this matter, but perhaps the situation isn't as bad you might think.

In any case, I do hope you get this issue resolved.

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #65 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by victoryy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I encountered a scam with Bluetin,here is the description:http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/blu...-trust-446963/

it never fails to baffle me how unfair, and unreasonable some humans can be.

during the order process, the buyer was presented with a range of delivery options, including ems with tracking number, and registered airmail with tracing number.

but, he chose the cheapest option - airmail unregistered. he was warned of the risks 3 times (yes, 3 times!!)

1. during the order
2. an auto-email on the order with payment instructions
3. our email after posting his parcel

with these exact text,
Air Mail NOT Registered (3~4 working days to deliver. If lost, not traceable, no compensation. Think carefully. Not recommended for AU, TH.): US$3.67
* the 3-4 days time frame is given by japan post. if we do know it usually takes longer, we WILL change it.

i pointed this out to him in our emails (when it was still cordial), but he kept asking for tracking number (???). before i know it, he lodged a fraud case with paypal .. is that not unreasonable?

funny thing, these text are re-produced in his own thread. even taking into account his limited english comprehension, how much simpler could we have phrased it?

we faithfully posted his order. since it is not registered, of course there is no registration number. we do have the stamp receipt which we will submit to paypal, and to whoever here that wants to see it. i didnt show here now because the colleague that posted his order is on holidays until 30sep.

yes, it is unfortunate his parcel is delayed or lost by china post, BUT that is NOT our fault. gosh, some brainwork here please. he chose the cheap and risky option over other safer options. sorry, we should be responsible for our choices. if its registered, i would be happy to claim compensation for him, and not sink to this.

his order is about us$25. our usual orders are about us$200-300. why would we risk our reputation over this small transaction by not posting is order, or even email him that we posted the order?

yes, i could have just refunded him, and swallow the losses to avoid this bad press. but, oh, isnt it so unfair?! isnt it ransom? surrender to an unfair, unreasonable person?

pray tell where my logic failed?

sigh ... minhwa, bluetin.com

ps. we offer this unregistered option because some customers want a cheaper option, and are willing to take the risks, and many have graciously done so.

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #66 of 67
Did a transaction once with bluetin, when i decided to take a leap of faith and get the FX500, since there's no demo unit for audition in singapore. Very fast response even through email! Although i sold my FX500 shortly after, its been a nice online shopping experience, in fact my first.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #67 of 67
airmail unregistered...
they are the cheapest option for a reason.
they are unregistered!
if it goes missing, you can't blame anyone but yourself for having bad luck.
if the purchase was of significant value to you, you should have get it registered.

back on topic, waiting for stocks to be in and i will break my piggy bank.
oh yea, they reply fast to emails
smily_headphones1.gif

and are typed by humans!
i hate automated mails :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back