beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Dec 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,591 of 1,963
Make sure they are sealing perfectly - it`s crucial to any closed HP.  Without a good seal, you may loose lower frequencies and increase the volume to compensate = ear fatigue.  

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #1,593 of 1,963
I am finding the T5p to be a bit fatiguing. I have about 60 hrs burn in--do you think they'll settle down with another 40 hrs or so?

i tried the Fostex900 on my FiioE18...must say i find the sound clear n punchy, not far recessed as i tot, very good sounding can imho...right off the first audition..
if i dun have my d7000 i would pick it up. 

The XC wasnt far behind, isolation is v good...there is this little spike somewhere in the upper mids that held me back fully liking it like the Fostex.

T5p....ermmm, it has got this clarion sound, kinda lean tight bass..
aint gonna change much, an acquired taste for the fans here. I lived with it for a year.
then i let it go gently...but thats me, u have to decide for yourself. :p

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #1,595 of 1,963
fatique i guess...but it gets more palatable with a tube amp.

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,596 of 1,963
I am finding the T5p to be a bit fatiguing. I have about 60 hrs burn in--do you think they'll settle down with another 40 hrs or so?

YMMV,  I did not observe any additional changes after the 24-30hr. burn-in mark.  You may just be sensitive (as I am) to upper-frequencies.

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,598 of 1,963
Some amazingly beautiful music from these HP, though some bitingly bright notes as well.

So I spent some quality time with the T5P on my AK120ii, with the AK`s new T5P-specific eq setting.  They just released it with the latest system update - it`s called AKT5P, and brethren, it is miraculous with the sometimes `bitingly bright` Beyer.    Highly recommended.  

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,600 of 1,963
No Shmuel I can`t seem to find any way to see the settings, either on the player or through a web search.  

And I still haven`t heard MY T5P, it is having a complete recable done and today is the pick-up day (!).  I was in a shop demoing their T5P for about an hour yesterday.  .  .  

d

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,601 of 1,963
Thanks for checking.
I very much like the T5p save for the issues previously mentioned. Your enjoyment with the eq'd HP makes me that much more curious about the new McIntosh HP--which looks to be a much refined and modded Beyerdynamic.

Dec 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #1,602 of 1,963
Yes interesting. I can`t wait for someone on H-fi to buy them and tear them apart and share the photos!  I`d love to see the insides of those cups.  

As for my T5P, I`ve seen it laid open several times now; it pops apart in about 3 seconds...    No more mystery for me about what`s going on inside.  They`ve become like a familiar girlfriend . . . 

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #1,603 of 1,963
Okay here are my freshly re-cabled, new-to-me T5P, rescued from the `JUNK` bin of my local headfi shop here in Tokyo.  Cable and 2.5 jack from Oyaide.  New AKT5P E.Q. on the AK120ii.  Sounds like bliss to me . .  

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,604 of 1,963
Hi guys, I'm really new at this so I hope you can help me. I want an upgrade for my DT770 Pro 250 Ohm and I really like the beyer design aswell is comfort. I listen to alot of genres but mainly EDM, trance etc.. I also like bass, but I'm not a complete basshead - I dont want the bass to ruin the rest if that makes sense.

How is the bass on the t5p? I've read the t90/t1 lacks bass but that the t5p should be overall better than dt770/dt990 also with more bass - is this true?

I've also considered TH600 but I dont really know.

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,605 of 1,963
  Hi guys, I'm really new at this so I hope you can help me. I want an upgrade for my DT770 Pro 250 Ohm and I really like the beyer design aswell is comfort. I listen to alot of genres but mainly EDM, trance etc.. I also like bass, but I'm not a complete basshead - I dont want the bass to ruin the rest if that makes sense.

How is the bass on the t5p? I've read the t90/t1 lacks bass but that the t5p should be overall better than dt770/dt990 also with more bass - is this true?

I've also considered TH600 but I dont really know.

I'd echo previous comments that in terms of quantity, T5p lack a little bit in mid bass but are adequate in sub bass. Quality wise it's as clear and clean and deep as I've heard.  I think this bass tonality makes them very enjoyable with electronic music. In fact I find them play Infected Mushrooms a bit better than my T1s. But again, there are many different styles in electronic, and people approach them in different manners. I can easily imagine some people who just like a great amount of thumping bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back