Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #50 of 963
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)

Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into it 
cool.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #51 of 963
Quote:
I find the choice of 16 ohm drivers interesting. I wonder why not go with one of their more established drivers? (such as from the DT7/8/9 series or one of the tesla drivers)

Hmm, I wonder if I could order just a shell so I can transplant some ortho drivers into it 
cool.gif

I don't like the idea of AIO stuff, so not expecting much from this. Unless it can surprise me

How about the T50RP? Will that fit? If it does, consider this as a mod!

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #52 of 963
I am, very, VERY intrigued and excited about these. I am going to definitely get a pair of these down the road!

Please, to those that have it now, impressions and pictures!!!

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #55 of 963
Aug 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #56 of 963
Let me know how they sound.  I was about to purchase the DT770 Pro 80 when Pete at Beyerdynamic told me these were coming out next week.  I would prefer to avoid buying an amp (although I hear the Pro 80s don't technically require them but an amp is still preferred).  

The DT770 Pro 80 can be gotten fairly cheap right now $150.  Pete said the base Custom One would be $200 (the velour pads would be $35 extra and that comes standard on the 770).  

How is their fit?  I hear they are supposed to fit similar to the DT880, and not the DT770.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #59 of 963
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website.  From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player.  Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms).  Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #60 of 963
Quote:
I noticed they are now available for sale from Beyerdynamic's website.  From reading other forums on this site though, some people have suggested that this might not be a good model to use other than with a portable player.  Particularly with amped sources or even with computer sound cards (starting at 32 ohms).  Will such sources really overdrive this headphone's low 16 ohm impedance to the point that it is detrimental to the music?

I don't agree to that. I tried it with some desktop amps, but now mostly use the C421. The big amps don't overdrive the phone, but don't do anything for it either, no need for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back