Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Apr 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #16 of 963
This was posted before. Looks interesting. Im sure everyone would love the idea of customizable sound,question is whether they pull it off. Im not too keen on the looks though, looks rather cheap. Customization to the level of the dt880/990 (which look absolutely fantastic) would've been great.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #17 of 963
I am so lucky that can hear the voice from this can in afternoon. I can say for this price (<200EUR), it can bring all other phones into a hard war!!!

More impressions to follow

Note: This headphone is still in prototype, all outlooks, sounds, etc. have NOT been finalized and the retail version maybe different from what i hear in that moment.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #18 of 963

Quote:
I am so lucky that can hear the voice from this can in afternoon. I can say for this price (<200EUR), it can bring all other phones into a hard war!!!

Note: This headphone is still in prototype, all outlooks, sounds, etc. have NOT been finalized and the retail version maybe different from what i hear in that moment.

You've got access to one?? Looking forward to your imressions. Have you heard the Beyer models this one is supposed to emulate (DT770/770M/880)? 

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #20 of 963
ur

Only 200 euros? Damn.... i want to buy a pair xD

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #21 of 963

Quote:
Isn't this kind of early access usually are followed by some sort of NDA? Although at 200 euro, that's a little bit too much for me LOL. But still interested in more impressions.

yup, so it is the ONLY photo that i authorized to post (although i have taken more). And no internal construction, built and design in detail can be told in public. And the can i hear just taken out from the box, it haven't burnt-in, there is one more limitation for those interested in it.

Quote:

You've got access to one?? Looking forward to your imressions. Have you heard the Beyer models this one is supposed to emulate (DT770/770M/880)? 

According to the manufacturer, this can is a NEW designed headphone with latest technology, you cannot compare it simply side by side with previous versions. However, i somehow having the shadow of DT770 / 880 when i audit it.

Quote:
ur
Only 200 euros? Damn.... i want to buy a pair xD

200 EUR (about, price not finalized) is the lowest configurations, as this one also under [size=small]Manufaktur tag, the final cost depends on what parts you chose.[/size]

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #22 of 963

Quote:

Quote:
Isn't this kind of early access usually are followed by some sort of NDA? Although at 200 euro, that's a little bit too much for me LOL. But still interested in more impressions.

yup, so it is the ONLY photo that i authorized to post (although i have taken more). And no internal construction, built and design in detail can be told in public. And the can i hear just taken out from the box, it haven't burnt-in, there is one more limitation for those interested in it.

Fair enough then. I'm just worried that you may get into whatever constitutes as trouble with manufactures and we lose a source of impressions. Then I'm here eagerly waiting for more extended impressions.

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #23 of 963

Beyerdynamic Custom One First Impression (Prototype)

I have chance to listen is latest headphone (T90 not counted :) ) from beyerdynamic. This headphone can let customers to customize the outlook, as well as the sound 

1. Outlook and Headband
When i first look at the phone, the first idea is, it is beyerdynamic! the shape is in par to DT7/8/9 series, standard round earcup with leatherette headband.

I'd like to mention more about the headband. it  changed to Velcro type, making it easier to get it on and remove, unlike the one used in standard version. As you can see in my ONLY photo (sorry, but it's the  photo i authorized to post), the prototype is in red color, as well as the earcup. However, i worry about it may become dirty (like Sony's 010) after some time wearing.

Also, the metal framework under leatherette headband also redesigned, it is reinforced by some framework that allow certain level of bending

One more thing need to mention is the Earcup Cover. Beyer allows customer to change the cover by themselves ( with the hexagonal wrenches ), the outer cover ring (blue in my photo) is also changeable. In this prototype, they supplies several covers and rings to choose.

Before i change the cover, i wonder is the COVER changes the SOUND as well?? sorry, i cannot disclose this according to the NDA, forgive me. 
The only thing i can tell is the surface of cover is in metal (should be aluminium)

Beyer also allows customer to upload their own pictures (they haven't tell me the dimension for this) and make it as the cover (of course, with extra cost)

2. Adjustable Slider

Another spotlight for Custom One is the slider.

There is a adjustable slider under each earcup. Like Sennheiser IE8, it enable the user to precisely fine-tune the bass response according to their preference
There are FOUR levels to adjust (i have completely closed in my photo)

For the sound difference between them, let me describe it further in next post.

3. Detachable cable
it is the FIRST headphone that allows customers to change their headphone cable by their own!

In the prototype, they offer the standard one, and the one with iPod integrated mic and remote one. It is very easy to detach and install.

Some people, esp. DIYers will keen on asking, what adapter it is on the phone side?
Sorry, i cannot answer this, but the one i use is VERY easy to find, it is somehow generic type. You may see from their promotion photo in its page to find it out.

It's more or less enough for the Outlook, i will go on for its sound in next post. Stay tuned!!!

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #24 of 963

Before saying,
This Custom One is just taken out from the box, and told as haven't burnt-in, so the performance maybe different from those headphones i have been used a while.

For the Sound performance of Custom One, it is natural, with bass emphasis in general.

Custom One somehow similars to the DT770, its bass is more prominent, boomy and slow sounding. To me, i can notice the vocal comes out from the background, with the bass and other music at back, it seems nice for Pop Music.

Compare to DT770 and the new T70p (both 32 ohm), i think Custom One somehow tend to be a DT770 as it mentions more on the mids and bass.

For the slider, it is a magic that can change the headphone character simply by switching within those 4 settings. For the posiiton as all "holes" closed (like the one in my photo), it seems being the most natural and balanced (compare to other 3 position of slider)

If all "holes" are uncovered, it is so called a bass "emphasis", but it is not so exaggered like those phones called "bass" head. It varies the amount of bass, but not give so great difference. You can't use these positions to change one headphone to another one, but it is nice if you want some compensations.

One thing i want to point out is, although its design is "closed", sound leakage from it at a moderate volume will let nearby people hear what u play, it seems less occured in the past, maybe sound comes from the "holes"

More to come, stay tuned~~

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #28 of 963

Quote:
From the looks of it, it's over ear:
549809_10150605515531758_59030861757_9317959_1634957095_n.jpg

No details on pricing yet. I only just found out about it on their FB wall.

Are they marketing these phones to King of Fighters characters?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back