Beyerdynamic cans @B&H for nice prices
Sep 6, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #31 of 536
I've known this for a long time. Guess I should've informed you all in January. B&H always has the best prices, and I figured everyone knew because the site is mentioned here frequently. I want to go to their store and see if they have any headphones on display. It's just a quick ride on the PATH train for me.
580smile.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #32 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
I've known this for a long time. Guess I should've informed you all in January. B&H always has the best prices, and I figured everyone knew because the site is mentioned here frequently. I want to go to their store and see if they have any headphones on display. It's just a quick ride on the PATH train for me.
580smile.gif

you mean B&H carried the new dt990 for $179 since January?

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #33 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema

Well they've always had outstanding Beyerdyanic prices. Can't get the DT860 cheaper, anywhere.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #34 of 536
Just ordered a pair too! From my count, that's 6 pairs in about 3 hours. I tried to order the 05 880's at the beginning of the year from B&H. The only had the earlier model and let me know that they were trying to get the 05 880's. They also explained that many of the pictures on their website were of older models. Since these are coming from Beyerdynamic and have the right model number, I think we can be sure these are the 05's. It seems to me that B&H should be giving Jpelg a commission right? Or, maybe a free upgrade to a Mnftr. custom jobby!

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #35 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema

No. They do not carry too much in-store. Most times they will simply offer to ship headphone from their Long Island warehouse. I believe these 2005 DT990's are a fairly recent addition to their product list. Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut
It seems to me that B&H should be giving Jpelg a commission right? Or, maybe a free upgrade to a Mnftr. custom jobby!

LOL! Now we're talkin'!
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #37 of 536
Thanks for the lead, I was looking at the DT880s. When I saw your post, I ordered them immediately. Damn you head-fi.

How do these compare to the DT880s? Has anyone heard the 2005 DT880 vs DT990?
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #38 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy2001
Thanks for the lead, I was looking at the DT880s. When I saw your post, I ordered them immediately. Damn you head-fi.

How do these compare to the DT880s? Has anyone heard the 2005 DT880 vs DT990?
biggrin.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164346

check this review done by JenSL
smily_headphones1.gif
he owns both.

Sep 6, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #40 of 536
That's a damn good deal going on at B&H, considering manufaktur price will send you looking at $400+ (depends on how fancy you go with customization).

Great, we can expect more reviews and comparisons on DT990's. They are really good sounding cans and will certainly deserve more exposure on these boards.

[size=xx-small]Is it just me smelling the FOTM brewing?[/size]

Sep 6, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #42 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
No. They do not carry too much in-store. Most times they will simply offer to ship headphone from their Long Island warehouse. I believe these 2005 DT990's are a fairly recent addition to their product list.LOL! Now we're talkin'!
tongue.gif

Are you sure yours didn't come in looking like these?

DT990_RedBlack.jpg

Sep 6, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #45 of 536
Oh god no.

I just pre-ordered roughly $1000 of NON-Head-Fi related stuff and I was going to buy these from Todd in December, when I accumulated a bit more money, but that's it.

I'll wait (just a week or two) and see how things are getting on before jumping on the bandwagon too.

My wallet is dead. And I'm supposed to get a Dac-Ah too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back