Beyerdynamic cans @B&H for nice prices
Oct 23, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #526 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
I don't think Beyer has any inventory at all on 990's - and those waiting, are actually waiting for them to be made..........I ordered a "Manufaktur" pair and received notice (from Beyer) on Sept 26th that they would be delivered the following week.......nothing came.......so I emailed them last Thursday and received an apology and they were being shipped forthwith. So, hold tight folks......good things are coming. Sometimes when a product is REALLY good, you have to be patient.............in retrospect I wish a had snagged an additional pair at the $179 price. Then, I'd be headphonerich
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, this makes sense... Both yours and B&H were "special order" and Beyer (or even Grado) is a small production company to begin with, who no doubt changes production lines between models based upon demand; Rather than overproduction & having shelf stock such as Senns. production/marketing strategy....

I wholehartedly agree, these DT-990s are well worth the wait indeed, if that is at all helpful....;-}

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #527 of 536
Quote:

First, what date did you first place your order? Was your C.C. deducted for the HPs + shipping?

I wonder if anyone else on these boards have ordered from B&H and recieved DT990s @ the new price of 265 + Shipping?

I feel grateful both Beyer & B&H honored the 179 price weather or not it was a mistake or a problem with distribuitors not holding SRP guidelines such as the Grado/Powermax fiasco, which ultimately left the consumer out in the cold.

Keep us informed-

I ordered on the 11th of Septemper, got my credit card verified on the same day and the money was deduced from my account on the 13th.
(179,5$+40$ ship.)

And im not worried or anything ...its just amatter of Beyer baking me a brand new pair
biggrin.gif

Although i hope i recive them before midt January, because im moving
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #528 of 536
*Update*
My dt-990's was just shipped via UPS today.

/Johnny

Nov 6, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #530 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyGoofy
*Update*
My dt-990's was just shipped via UPS today.

/Johnny

Congrats you lucky Dane ;-}

Do they mate well with the LD+ for ya?

jlsrpierce,

The short answer is NO; The DT-990 (05e) is selling today @ B&H I elieve for $269 and that seems to be the low price benchmark;TheOP aught the $179 b & H price mistake with the old model picture of the previous generation DT-990s which is what you are finding on epay @ $155.... Different year same model.

Hope that helps-

Nov 6, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #531 of 536
$149.95 (with free shipping) seems pretty cheap for the DT-880.

Nov 6, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #532 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
$149.95 (with free shipping) seems pretty cheap for the DT-880.

i'm considering getting these. but the ER-4P is also calling me too...

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #534 of 536
Quote:

Congrats you lucky Dane ;-}
Do they mate well with the LD+ for ya?

I was just concidering the Little dot II +, and as you can see in my updated sig my final choice fell on CORDA Headfive
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice design, good price/performanve ratio and in the price range i can afford.
+ its from Germany, so for once, i have the tax/shipping advantage
tongue.gif

...oh and the donation to head-fi is quite nice too.

But the dt-990s are great even with my sad reciver, im very satisfied.

/Johnny

Nov 9, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #535 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Non-2005 though, did they change in sound or just design?

From a few A/B reviews I've read, the 2003 and 2005 models are pretty close in sound, though most seem to prefer the case upgrade on the 2005.

Since the looks are a wash for me, I ordered the 2003 model from B&H. UPS is supposed to bring them later today, and I'm excited about taking a listen!

Jan 2, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #536 of 536
I finally decided it was time to get a pair of those 880's, which are out of stock at b&h, but today it seems they raised the price- up to $225. bummer. I guess I might as well get the newer '06s off of ebay they're about $220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back