Beyer Dynamics Guys & SennHeiser...
Mar 23, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #61 of 70
Having used the SR-325 with a tube headamp, I've found my best results w.r.t the low end is using an honest-to-God power amps speaker (not headphone !) output. The amp in question is the Unico Teatro amp. In case you want to know how, I did post a review of this combination on the cable.... forum a couple of days back. Take a look at the review and see if you find anything you're looking for.

Mar 23, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #63 of 70
Hybridamp,

I've been lurking on this board for a while now and decided to register and join the fun. (The information and opinions on this board have been invaluble in helping me to make my purchases. Thanks everyone.
600smile.gif
)

Over the past week I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic 770DT Pros 80 ohms at my local Guitar Center. I've used them with my Rio Karma and my receiver and I'm still breaking in, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with their level of bass. (Actually, overall they're sounding very nice (to me) at this stage of the break in.)

If you have any questions that I can answer about them for you, let me know.

Mar 23, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #64 of 70
I really wish now that I would have went with the 80ohm version, instead of the 250ohm non-pro version, but hopefully the PPA amp, I am currently having built, will drive them ok.

And I ordered my DT-770 non-pro versions from Meier-Audio yesterday, already sent the paypal payment to Alex.
smily_headphones1.gif
Should ship out today.

Thanks again guys!

Mar 24, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #65 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by hybridamp
I really wish now that I would have went with the 80ohm version, instead of the 250ohm non-pro version, but hopefully the PPA amp, I am currently having built, will drive them ok.

And I ordered my DT-770 non-pro versions from Meier-Audio yesterday, already sent the paypal payment to Alex.
smily_headphones1.gif
Should ship out today.

Thanks again guys!

The PPA is plenty powerful to drive the DT 770 - 250 ohm. You don't need more than a PPA.
basshead.gif

As for the other guy with the DT 770 - 80 ohms. I really do not think you are offering enough juice to properly drive those DT 770s. Even the DT 770 - 80 ohm(while easier to drive than the 250) is still not easy to drive.

Mar 27, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #68 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by hybridamp
Jan e-mailed me today, my DT-770s are in the mail, said it would take 2 weeks for delivery. OH THE AGONY!

LOL

Review will be posted as soon as they arrive...
basshead.gif

Believe me...I know the agony. I know it even worse than you. First of all, when I ordered my DT 770 non/pro from Doc Meier, he emailed me back saying they were backordered. Then, he gets a shipment in a few days later and it turns out they sent the wrong DT 770; they sent him a pro version. So my ordeal took longer than 2 weeks.

But, boy was it worth the wait!
basshead.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #70 of 70
My DT-770s arrived today!

However, I am still working on getting a PPA, and I have already sold the PIMETA, so I can't try these things out for a few weeks...

Though I did try them on, LOL
They are about 10times more comfortable than the SR-325s were, and the adjustment range/tension on these non-pros are excellent!

Can't wait to actually get to hear them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back