Mar 21, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #46 of 70
Sounds good to me
smily_headphones1.gif
*EDIT* =
basshead.gif

Mar 21, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #49 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by kunwar
the 770 sure kicks out bass lilke a wounded bull ...
get it !
nuthin , I repeat nuthin' competes with these buggers as far as bass is concerned. You might just get the ringing and shaking head syndrome (RSHS) if you listen to them too loud

I must be wierd, but I've certainly never had tinittus with these phones. I love them, they are perfect.
basshead.gif

Yes, this has got to be the bassiest thread on head-fi. They are probably looking at us like we are crazed freaks, what with are unnatural frequency response graphs and all.

Mar 21, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #50 of 70
Quote:

Yes, this has got to be the bassiest thread on head-fi. They are probably looking at us like we are crazed freaks, what with are unnatural frequency response graphs and all.

LOL

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. Therefore, I added the Team BASShead thing to my signature, might as well be proud of it I guess.
basshead.gif

Mar 22, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #53 of 70
Just so you guys know, I ordered my pair of non-pro DT-770's from Meier-Audio this morning...

And now I am looking for a PPA Amp. lol. I think I am going to have LaRocco build it, with their new Diamond Buffer setup, but do you guys have any recommendations on OPAMPS to use with the PPA?

I currently have the AD8620/8610 setup in my PIMETA, but I wonder if there is anything out there with "better, fuller, warmer" Sound? I had one guy recommend the BurrBrown OPA627, but I have to admit, the AD8620 sounds pretty sweet to me...

Thanks again guys, for all your help!
basshead.gif

Mar 22, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #54 of 70
BB opa627-637 are good - but try these first the LT1122 and AD8065.

Mar 22, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #56 of 70
I would avoid a tube amp if you're looking for bass. Much rather go with a PPA with the D-buffers. BTW I'm shocked that you have such a strange bass response on your headphones. I use the SR-325s powered out of the speaker outputs of an integrated amp and the bass sounds absolutely perfect. Its not boomy, but very crisp and punchy. Maybe your amplification is the problem. Being that the SR-325s need more of an amp than SR-60s, I'd reccomend the Grado RA-1 as a great combination with this. The alternative is to get an amp-adaptor cable and power your headphones right out of the speaker output of your Luxman amp.

Mar 22, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #58 of 70
Yup.
D = Diamond.
Haven't tried the PPA myself except for a short spin but it sounded really nice with the SR-325s. Can't speak for Beyers.

Mar 23, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #59 of 70
Tube amps have a characteristic warm sound. I'd avoid those for a DT 770.

I prefer the 8620/10 combination on my PPA. There are a few DIY ppl. I have a recommendation, but just PM me if you'd like to know who it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back