Best Portable Headphone Amp for around $100-150?
Oct 10, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #16 of 35
Jesus, didn't expect this to be such a contentious topic haha

Anywho, many thanks for all the replies. A few questions:

Being that the V7 is effectively unavailable, do you guys like the V6 at all?

Where can one obtain one of these Mini^3's?

Would a Headsix, Minibox-E or Mini^3 be significantly better than a Minibox-D, iBasso T2, V6, or C&CBox to justify the extra 50 bucks or whatever?

Thanks again.

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a new member here, you sure are a mouthy one. Everyone is allowed to give their opinions here. Rudeness is not necessary and is not welcomed. You don't need to speak to him like that.

He was being rude, not I. He was questioning my right to make a recommendation. My recommendation is really none of his business.
He can simply recommend to the OP to wait w/o commenting on my recommendation.

That said , this is really none of your business and you are being rude in calling me mouthy so you can mind your own business too. I neither care nor want the opinion of someone as rude as you.

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can recommend it based on the same reasons you are buying one.

Meier's rep and the fact it is based on the move.
I have the move and that is a great amp.

Anyway, I said I would get the headsix, that would be my recommendation to myself as well as to the OP.

So mind your own business. Don't tell me what I should or should not recommend.....got it?

The Op asked for your comments, I didn't.

So immature. Can't we all be adults or at least act like adults?

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #22 of 35
This thread is warming up...

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

I can recommend it based on the same reasons you are buying one.

Meier's rep and the fact it is based on the move.
I have the move and that is a great amp.

Anyway, I said I would get the headsix, that would be my recommendation to myself as well as to the OP.

So mind your own business. Don't tell me what I should or should not recommend.....got it?

The Op asked for your comments, I didn't.

Just read over my post and I can see how you might have been offended. Believe me when I say I was just trying to look out for the OP. Too many times have I been duped into buying something based solely on hype from people who I thought actually were informed on a product. Still the OP should wait for at least a few reviews since people would be getting them soon. I don't care if Meier is an amp god the more protection for your money the better. Sorry if I offended you tom. It certainly was not my intention. We don't need another flame war on head-fi. There seems to be a lot of that going on this week

P.S. I'm not really buying the amp based on Meier's rep or the Move. I'm mainly buying this just because it was made specifically for us head-fiers and that some of the proceeds go to this site.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #24 of 35
150$ for an amp is quite enough but I do think that you should spend more for your interconnector which may costs you at least 80$
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just read over my post and I can see how you might have been offended. Believe me when I say I was just trying to look out for the OP. Too many times have I been duped into buying something based solely on hype from people who I thought actually were informed on a product. Still the OP should wait for at least a few reviews since people would be getting them soon. I don't care if Meier is an amp god the more protection for your money the better. Sorry if I offended you tom. It certainly was not my intention. We don't need another flame war on head-fi. There seems to be a lot of that going on this week

P.S. I'm not really buying the amp based on Meier's rep or the Move. I'm mainly buying this just because it was made specifically for us head-fiers and that some of the proceeds go to this site.

CLum,
Thanks for the kind response.
I apologize as well for over reacting. I've been stuck in the house for a week with bronchitis.
Re- reading my posts I think it would be an understatement to characterize my posts as iritable :)

Oh well, at least I have some good headphones and amps to listen to.

Again, thanks for taking the time,

Tom

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #27 of 35
And with that, all i have to say is.......

" Yayyyy!!!! Post number 500!!!"
smily_headphones1.gif
LOL!!!

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #28 of 35
I too am looking for an amp around the OP's price range...I'm getting a pair of either K701s or DT990s...not 100% sure yet. I currently have a pair of SR-80s...and I listen to similar music as well.
biggrin.gif

Good thread, great info

Quote:

He was being rude, not I. He was questioning my right to make a recommendation. My recommendation is really none of his business.
He can simply recommend to the OP to wait w/o commenting on my recommendation.

That said , this is really none of your business and you are being rude in calling me mouthy so you can mind your own business too. I neither care nor want the opinion of someone as rude as you.

I'm gonna guess that you don't browse many forums. If you post on a forum, imo anyone can then direct a reply to it...it's part of posting on a forum. Disagreement often brings about good discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
150$ for an amp is quite enough but I do think that you should spend more for your interconnector which may costs you at least 80$
biggrin.gif

I've never been a big believer in cables...care to explain? Cables seem to be more important in the headphone world than in the home theater world

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbird151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I think spending the extra $50 is worth it. The Headsix, Minibox-E and the Mini3 are the best values on the market right now.

What are good sites to find these three amps?

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being that the V7 is effectively unavailable, do you guys like the V6 at all?

Actually, that's not true. JABEN will be offering the Go-Vibe line up, since Norm retired (for the 4th time -- but we love him anyway and wish him the best.). They will be selling the V5, V6, V7 Eco and V7 Max.

And Uncle Wilson of JABEN is a character. I saw him on a video of Headfest with the little stuffed bear.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back