Best headphones under 400 for classic rock
Apr 13, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #48 of 77
Bump,anyone else have some input?

Input on what? This is a thread from the end of 2014. It seems like people gave you some recommendations. Perhaps it's best if you provide a progress report on where you are at three months later instead of just bumping the thread :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #49 of 77
Very well,I decided to just mod my grado sr-60e,I vented it 4 more holes and dampened it with foam behind the button and with felt around the inside of the cup,but just now I took the cup entirely off and just duck taped and hot glued the driver to the headband.it sounds awesome.do you think without the cup the driver could easily get damaged

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #50 of 77
Wait, so the drivers are floating freely now, without an enclosure?

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #52 of 77
So, yeah. Just drivers now. Or do you still have part of the enclosure and the earpads?

Either way, I can't imagine that this doesn't wreak havoc on the sound. If you have any chance to make a comparison between this mod and a stock pair of the same headphone, as well an HD600 or other neutral reference, if possible, I think you would find that this mod is less beneficial to the sound than you hear it right now.

Of course, I can't say that in absolute terms. Perhaps these really do sound better to you. But, I'd check back and forth a few times to make sure.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #54 of 77
Well, if it makes you happy, I'm certainly not going to argue.

You're a braver person than I am, though, that's for sure.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #56 of 77
I don't own Grado. The tonal balance is not to my liking.

Apr 14, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #60 of 77
I think I'm just going to move on to some next level headphones like some hifiman he-400s

Know if I would call them next level above the 325. To get the next level above that you have to spend upwards of $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back