Best Headphone Deals
Apr 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35
Best Headphone Deals - US
Best Headphone Deals - International

Had this idea based on a recent thread.  The Deal threads are a mess - in many instances you have to comb through many pages of inanity to find one pertaining to a headphone you're interested in.  So here's the idea: Have a thread with an open Google Doc with hundreds of headphones.  the rest of the thread will have posts where you can "add" better deals than existing ones, or deals on headphones without entries.  A column for Brand, Model, Best "Everyday Price", Best "Sale Price" (limited time coupons and the like.)  I think it would be a good idea to have a US version and a International version.  Open for editing for now - but it may have to be closed if anyone tries messing with the spreadsheet.

I'd like to keep this doc open for as long as possible - if it causes deals to start disappearing in droves then I would have to make it closed under invitation only.  That's a step I'd like to not have to take.  As such, deals that are below MAP for certain models - for instance Sennheiser's HD800 and various Grado models, will have PM written in it- this is to ensure that these deals don't go away and that the dealers don't get blacklisted by the manufacturers.  I'm putting an arbitrary number on things: A year's membership and 100 posts to be able to get these deals via PM.  

If this works out there's a couple other sheets I'd think of starting - best amp/source prices, and best prices anywhere (including Audiogon, Ebay used, HF listings, etc.)

To get things started I'll try to keep abreast of the deals threads, but at some point I'd like to have people come to the thread.  Less work.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 35
Good idea. I'll support it by bumping this thread.

It would also be very interesting if this could turn into a reliable overview of the cost of the popular headphone models.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 35
Great idea! This will really help some people who aren't constantly looking for deals. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread/bumping it.

Already impressed that you found K701s for $199 o_O.
Too bad the higher-end deals aren't open to everyone.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 35
Could use a "date added" column or something...

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #8 of 35
It's a good idea, but better if its a list here on first topic and you add deals people post on this topic with proof and I think the list should include where the best price is/was.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #11 of 35
Ok I added some IEM deals I bought and ran across over the last few months. Before anyone says anything some of you will see I added the turbines coppers at a sale price of 90 bones. That was a black Friday sale thrown by a Canadian merchant called Visions Electronics who are a authorized dealer of Monster. I also picked up my pair in store and not online so I highly doubt they're fakes.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #13 of 35
Split Best Sale Price into two columns - best current sale price - ie if there's a 25% off coupon that's currently valid that brings it to the cheapest current price.  Best Ever sale price will act like Camel Camel Camel, where you can have a reference of the lowest it's dropped.  Added comments for conditions (for instance OBO for EE deals, or you can mention shipping costs or if not sure if authorized dealer..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back