Best full-size phones, with good looks, sound, and portability for under $100?
Jun 16, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 65

Quote:
I'm not too good with ebay, folks :frowning2:

I think I just might jump on the ones from Beach Camera.. although they don't take PayPal and I'm only a 18 university student so there goes my chances of getting a credit card :/

EDIT: Beach Camera only ships to the States. Anybody got a cheap pair in Canada? :/

Where are you in Canada?

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #18 of 65

Quote:
Alas, good prices on headphones in Canada are limited to a handful of brands, and AT isn't one of them.

Best recommendation:  Be patient, find a few models you are interested in, and keep an eye on the used forums.  Always some great deals to be had on there.

In my experience, the best way to get ATs reliably for the best price in Canada is to either go overseas and buy it, or Ebay from an Japanese exporter. You just have to be very careful about it to know what is a fake - though the newest AT offerings usually are free from this plague early on.

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #20 of 65
Wouldn't get the Grados if you're going to be out in public or around other people. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #27 of 65
Wow if you can get a pair of 840s for under 100$....that should be priority one lol

however, I would look into the following 

JVChas700
Senn Hd485/555
Shure 750dj used
ATH m50/ES7

you cant go wrong with any of them, good luck!

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #30 of 65

Quote:
why would you recommend skullcandy... well... ever?

Some of the higher end skullcandy cans are probably worth mentioning for under $100. Remember that the OP wants portability + looks, and skullcandy doesn't sound as terrible as many on this forum make them out to be. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back