Best budget chair available in Canada?
Aug 25, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #31 of 49
Come on folks.... This is a GERNERAL discussion forum... if you are not interested in what Jag is posting then you should spend your time entering posts in a thread that DOES interest you.... seems like you're wasting a lot of your time posting here on something that doesn't interest you.... who's the fool here??? Some do seem to be giving Jag some honest opinions on his chair questions... so, some seem to be interested and trying to help him out. I sure wish that I was as careful about my purchases when I was 13 as Jag seems to be.... I give the guy a lot of credit... Try to remember real hard how it was when you were all 13....

Aug 26, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Wow, just wow. PM me if you want to give me advice. I was just looking for opinions on an chair, and wow, look where this thread goes. If you guys don't like my "whining", then bloody hell ignore it, or pm me.

PS, I don't care if you don't care about what I'm posting, if you don't, then don't bother responding to it for the love of god. Just because of the variables about me (age, religion, etc), there is no need to treat my threads any differently then anybody elses. If I ask for back advice, and you guys respond with some of the responses you gave me here, then I have no problem. When I ask about a chair though, I hope to get responses about a chair, if you want to add some advice, then pm me about it, instead of killing my thread.

Obviously you guys don't like the comment about why I think I may have back issues (among with many others), and if you don't, okay, but there is no need to get all pissy about it becuase you don't like it, or like the way I expressed myself. I'm sorry if I come off snotty or exaggerative, but if you get angry about it then I have nothing to say to you.

Incase you didn't know, I can think for myself, and I'm not a 3 year old (although you might think I act like one.) I read your posts, and I read what the first guy says, the 9 people that re-iterate what he said afterwards make me think that you guys think I'm some sort of moronic 3 year old baby who needs everything repeated to him before he understands what your saying. Remember, I choose where my life goes, and even if it's in a stupid direction, in the end it is my decision. If you guys don't like what I am doing with my life, then keep it to youreslves.

Always seems strange to me when people get posessive about things in the public domain.

Aug 26, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Always seems strange to me when people get posessive about things in the public domain.

Too true. JaGWiRE you started the thread, you don't own it.

I was serious about the milk crate, although the bottle was a special gift just for you.
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #34 of 49
Come on guys, if someone (presumably older) was to ask the same question I believe that there will be more response regarding chair reccomendations. Instead of going wild over his age, possesions and his health problem (I mean, how many of us know him personally). Give him a break please!

Aug 26, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Probably from mammy and pappy if he begs them and promises to be a very good boy. Carrying 30 lbs in a napsack??? What the hell was in there? Lead? Rocks maybe?

My bag has been around 30 lbs since fourth of fifth grade, I like to carry all my books and a lot of stuff in my bag, only recently have I begun to get tired of carrying a heavy pack and leave stuff in my locker. Kids like me have it easy nowadays though, my grandfather used to talk about using "rice sack" bags
biggrin.gif
, he didn't even have shoes most of the time (Plantation days). My dad used to talk about trudging to school in the pouring rain and riding his bike from Pearl City all the way into town to fool around, since there was no public transportation "back in the day".

Aug 26, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
My bag has been around 30 lbs since fourth of fifth grade, I like to carry all my books and a lot of stuff in my bag, only recently have I begun to get tired of carrying a heavy pack and leave stuff in my locker. Kids like me have it easy nowadays though, my grandfather used to talk about using "rice sack" bags
biggrin.gif
, he didn't even have shoes most of the time (Plantation days). My dad used to talk about trudging to school in the pouring rain and riding his bike from Pearl City all the way into town to fool around, since there was no public transportation "back in the day".

Yeah, I figured that would be the case for a bag to weigh around 30 lbs with all of your text book and stuff packed into it. During my school years, I never carried more than I needed for my next class. Whatever books or items I didn't need, I had left in my locker. I hated to lug around extra baggage. Public transportation "back in the day" was the OR & L train that ran from downtown by Aala Park to Waipahu, around Kaena Pt. and then thru Haleiwa to Kahuku.

Aug 26, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Go join the cross country team. I used love coming back to school seeing new people trying to join the team after running 0 miles over break
very_evil_smiley.gif

Roflcopter, the first day of practice is always amusing. Practice for x-country isn't too bad, I used to only start running a week before practice began and I was fine. Kayaking on the other hand without excercise is terrible, I had flesh eating disease from paddling in the Ala Wai canal last year, so I was barely even allowed out of bed much less out of the house for almost a month. When I showed up for the first day of kayaking I nearly died
biggrin.gif
. Running sprints, swimming, and core excercises with barely any form of movement for the previous month...needless to say it didn't end very well.

Aug 26, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Incase you didn't know, I can think for myself, and I'm not a 3 year old (although you might think I act like one.) I read your posts, and I read what the first guy says, the 9 people that re-iterate what he said afterwards make me think that you guys think I'm some sort of moronic 3 year old baby who needs everything repeated to him before he understands what your saying. Remember, I choose where my life goes, and even if it's in a stupid direction, in the end it is my decision. If you guys don't like what I am doing with my life, then keep it to youreslves.

You may read people's posts, but you clearly don't take anyone's advice. You can not come onto a site, rack up thousands of posts a month basically annoying the hell out of people, apologizing, then doing it all over again, and then wonder why people feel the need to repeat themselves.

And for the record, in the real world, a budget chair costs less than the one you're bitching about.

And I'm not going to tell you to go out and excercise, but sitting on the couch or a big arm chair and reading, or hell, watching TV, instead of sitting at your computer posting on Head-Fi just might be a good way to live with your current chair. I'm just saying... Head-Fi should account for about 20 minutes per day... check New Posts every few hours, chime in on a few and the step away from the computer.

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #39 of 49
i think Jagwire is on the right track, when i was 13 i certainly wasnt able to hold conversation with people 10 years older.

nor was i contemplating dropping $800 on a chair, which i still cant justify.

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
nor was i contemplating dropping $800 on a chair, which i still cant justify.

if you spend the good part of your day sitting on a chair like i do, that $800 bucks is money well spent. it's kind of strange that on a forum where people will glady spend thousands of dollars on their headphone hobby, they can't shell out some money for a good comfortable chair with excellent back support. it really is the difference between something like cheap shoes with no arch support and a pair of high end trainers, you know exactly where your money goes. the aerons are great because they come in 3 sizes proportional to body height and weight. and you can find the aerons usually used at around $500 if you look hard enough.

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4
I'm just saying... Head-Fi should account for about 20 minutes per day... check New Posts every few hours, chime in on a few and the step away from the computer.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazoo
if you spend the good part of your day sitting on a chair like i do, that $800 bucks is money well spent. it's kind of strange that on a forum where people will glady spend thousands of dollars on their headphone hobby, they can't shell out some money for a good comfortable chair with excellent back support.

You do realize that we're talking about a 13 year old kid here right? Shelling out $500 for a chair because he's worried about his scoliosis is a bit extreme. How about thinking about getting a back brace instead?

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4
You may read people's posts, but you clearly don't take anyone's advice. You can not come onto a site, rack up thousands of posts a month basically annoying the hell out of people, apologizing, then doing it all over again, and then wonder why people feel the need to repeat themselves.

[size=large]QFT[/size]

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
[size=large]QFT[/size]

*high fives*

Aug 26, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueiz
Come on folks.... This is a GERNERAL discussion forum... if you are not interested in what Jag is posting then you should spend your time entering posts in a thread that DOES interest you.... seems like you're wasting a lot of your time posting here on something that doesn't interest you.... who's the fool here??? Some do seem to be giving Jag some honest opinions on his chair questions... so, some seem to be interested and trying to help him out. I sure wish that I was as careful about my purchases when I was 13 as Jag seems to be.... I give the guy a lot of credit... Try to remember real hard how it was when you were all 13....

Thank you for saying that, I agree with you.
I see nothing wrong with Jag's post, he's getting some money soon and he's planning his purchases. Very smart.

I must admit, Mercuttio's reference to 'nam made me LOL. Poking a little fun is ok, just take it easy on the young man, please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #45 of 49
Wow that's really expensive for a chair I'm sitting here in a very comfortable red felt office chair that my neighbor gave me because they got a new chair so price=$0....
cool.gif

edit: it's alot like this one:
B000BIAMMW.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1129069458_.jpg

except the back is lower, the fabric is already worn in a little and the armrests are different...
What kid has parents who would pay that much for an office chair?! I'm 16 and until about a two years ago I weighed under 100lbs. and carry around a ~20lb. backpack to, from, and through school and don't use my locker. My family has history of back issues on both sides but I've never had back problems and the chair I use as well as almost any >$100 chair from staples has good curvature and support in the back cushion. Do your parents wallet a favor and don't convince them to buy you a professional office chair. It's not worth it at your or my age. Sorry, I don't mean to tell you what to do with your own money but a $100-$200 chair from staples will do you just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back