Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
Sep 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #151 of 214
Yes, there is one. I don’t know about your budget … I recently added an SPL Phonitor 2 to pair it with the T1.

The T1 worked pretty well with the Schiit Lyr and even better with the Valhalla, but the Phonitor certainly is in a superior league.

Werner.

at,about or under a grand is essentially my budget

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #153 of 214
  So it seems like the WA2 is the favorite tube amp for a lot of people for around $1000. But if you were to step up the price to under 4000 what are some great pairings out there? (tubes or ss) I'm not saying im going to buy a $5000 system anytime soon but this thread has got me interested in what might be some of the best pairings for the T1.

WA2 is really hard to beat for the money.  T1, HD800 and HD600/650 all sounds wonderful with it.

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #154 of 214
I owned the WA2 and I can affirm it is a fine amp with the T1's. Since I am always changing equipment I wanted to upgrade my ss amp and purchased an Auralic Taurus. I had re-terminated my T1's to a 4  pin xlr so I could run them balanced through the Taurus. Once I did I sold the WA2. Just my own experience. The T1's and the HD800 in balanced mode through the Taurus turned out to be my end game amp. The Taurus is a fabulous combination with either headphone.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #157 of 214
Taking the advice from this thread I went with a WA2 to pair with my T1s( and my Senn 600s

My ears couldnt be happier

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #158 of 214
I am finding the Bottlehead Sex amp is a very good match with the T1's,  It will also drive some small speakers its ability here has been a real eye opener and I can hardly believe the sound that's coming out of my old of bookshelf speaker driven by only a miniscule 2W output. I don't think it can get much better for under $550.

http://bottlehead.com/?product=single-ended-experimenters-kit-2-1-for-headphones-sensitive-speakers 

They also sound just fantastic with OTL amps which is the probably the best bang for your buck solution for driving T1's if on a tight budget.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #161 of 214
  Hi,

did anyone have a chance to compare the ASUS Essence One (Standard of Muses Edition) or the Oppo HA-1 with the other solutions suggested here?

I don't know the Oppa Ha-1, but i can tell you about a comparation between Xonar Essence ST and Anedio D2, the difference is like earth and sky even with the entry level headphones.

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #162 of 214
So you think the Oppo HA-1 is definetly superior to the Asus Essence One Muses? That would also match my experience up till now. I just don't know if the Muses-02 as an exchange to the built-in Muses-01 would give an improvement. On the other hand exchanging the op amps almost gets the E1 MKII Muses near the price of the Oppo so I guess keeping the Oppo HA-1 makes more sense then?

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #163 of 214
So you think the Oppo HA-1 is definetly superior to the Asus Essence One Muses? That would also match my experience up till now. I just don't know if the Muses-02 as an exchange to the built-in Muses-01 would give an improvement. On the other hand exchanging the op amps almost gets the E1 MKII Muses near the price of the Oppo so I guess keeping the Oppo HA-1 makes more sense then?

Sincerely i don't know about Essence one vs Oppo ha-1, cuz i never heard it, even i didn't find it Oppo HA-1 vs Anedio D2, if do you like Accurate, detailed and huge soundstage Dac why u dont think about buy a D2?

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #164 of 214
Hi,

the unavailability here in Germany is the main reason for not trying it. If a reseller would offer it here, I would try it within the 14 days and return it, if it doesn't satisfy me. If I would need to return it to the US, it would also take longer to get the money back and try another device. Same goes for repairs.

Since I am looking for a combined device, there are not much choices left than the ASUS Essence One or Oppo HA-1 in that price range (~ 500 - 1600 EUR). I tried the Cambride DacMagic Plus, however the sound didn't convince me. Maybe a Violectric V281 would be another option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back