Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #122 of 214
Hi guyz!

My question would be this:

At the moment I'm using my T1 with Xonar Essence Pci-x - Audiotailor Jade / with upgareded tubes / - T1.

What kind of difference could I hear, if I would change the Jade with the WA2? Would it worth the price of $1800 with the tube upgrades?

Am I about to experience the difference between heaven and hell? Or there will be only some minor difference?

My trigger finger is happy, but it has to wait till I get some responses and till payday :--))

Thy guyz for the answers!

At the moment I'm really happy with the current setup. The Jade is capable to drive the T1 easily to ear bleeding levels. To have the knob around 11 o'clock makes my ears bleed. So I'm expecting more like a quality boost in the sound, more thicker sound, wider sound stage, better positioning etc...

Oh yeah, the T1 beats to a pulp my DT880/600 with the Jade already.

I have 2 days to decide, cause my finger is itchy, and wanna buy something :--))

Thx again!

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #123 of 214
I'm using my T1's with SPL Auditor. It is like heaven to me. It has a great resolution, plenty of volume without getting distorted and i can listen to it many hours with no ear fatigue. I'm also dying to hear an OTL amp like WA2 with it. What is this Crack + Speedball? Anyone used it with T1? Looks like a very affordable way to have an OTL taste.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #124 of 214
I am planning to buy the T1 but won't have much money left for an amp. Can someone suggest a sub $200 amp which can drive the T1 well enough?

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #125 of 214
I am planning to buy the T1 but won't have much money left for an amp. Can someone suggest a sub $200 amp which can drive the T1 well enough?

I can't think of any <$200 amps that would effectively drive the T1. You need to raise your budget a little more for at least something like the Garage1217 Project Horizon or Schiit Valhalla or Lyr.

If you're "planning" to buy a T1 then I'd recommend getting a different, cheaper headphone that has less-demanding (and more inexpensive) amp requirements. I don't understand why anyone who can afford to get ~$1K headphones would want to cheap out with the amp. If you're straining a budget, it makes more sense to just get a cheaper headphone so you can put more money into a good amp.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #126 of 214

I can't think of any <$200 amps that would effectively drive the T1. You need to raise your budget a little more for at least something like the Garage1217 Project Horizon or Schiit Valhalla or Lyr.

If you're "planning" to buy a T1 then I'd recommend getting a different, cheaper headphone that has less-demanding (and more inexpensive) amp requirements. I don't understand why anyone who can afford to get ~$1K headphones would want to cheap out with the amp.

+1

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #127 of 214

If you're "planning" to buy a T1 then I'd recommend getting a different, cheaper headphone that has less-demanding (and more inexpensive) amp requirements. I don't understand why anyone who can afford to get ~$1K headphones would want to cheap out with the amp. If you're straining a budget, it makes more sense to just get a cheaper headphone so you can put more money into a good amp.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe i will wait till i can save enough for a good amp and the t1.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #128 of 214
Hey guys, first post here. 
I've been a hifi guy for quite some time and always wanted to get headphones to hear what all the fuss it about. 
I was casually browsing different headphones and saw that sonicsense had the T1 going for under $800.  I figured at that price I would be losing money if I didn't buy them.
Now i'm at the point where I need an amp to match these headphones.

My budget is $1500, but I would prefer to be around the $1000-$2000 mark.

I also would like something that does DSD since I have quite a few SACDs.

I'm not opposed to doing a separate dac and amp but it would be nice to find a all in one integrated dac/pre/headamp.

The Yulong DA8 is the piece the has really caught my eye.  Seems to have very favorable reviews, decent headphone amp, does DSD and has a full set of analog outs so I can move it to my main system if need be.

I searched this thread but didn't find any mention of people using the DA8 with the T1s, anybody out there give it a shot?

Would also love advice on any other dac/amp combos whether they be fully integrated or separate pieces.  Big thing is DSD compatibility, obviously within budget, great sound and plays well with the T1.

Thanks!

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #129 of 214

I can highly recommend doing exactly what I did...buy your T1s from Meier Audio and pair it with one of Jan Meier's amps. I started with the Corda Jazz, but I'm quite certain the Corda Rock will drive the T1s, as well. 

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #130 of 214

I disagree , it's possible to really enjoy a T1 or other high hend headphone in a cheaper amp . Sorry but T1 was the best headphone i ever had (in quality but not to my taste)  , even with a simple O2 i could hear that T1 was more advanced and refinned to the others furthemore in the past i had more advanced amps with T1 so i know how it sound decently amped
redface.gif

If you want to build a ring with T1 , you can still start with a cheaper amp , and later upgrade it . It can work that way too .

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #131 of 214

I bought a Matrix M stage (not the dac version) to use with my movie/headphone setup. I have a WA2 for my T1's and serious music listening, mostly classical. Shortly after getting the Matrix I had to try it with my T1's and I was very surprised to find that it did a very impressive job with the T1's. In fact, it is so good with the T1's that I find myself switching off the WA2 sometimes and going back to the M stage. I own other amps as well and the M stage is shockingly good for the price. Maybe it is just a particularly good match for the T1's but it works for me and it is real close to that $200 price point. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #132 of 214
Hi, Ive been going back and forth between various permetations. What would be the best recommendation for Amp, Dac for the T1 with the usage primarily going for movies, 2 channel. Source would be a PS4.

So far I am thinking of the Headzone + T1 but would like a very good 2 ch alternative.

I live in the UK, so it can be tricky finding things. For example, a lot of praise goes for the WA2 for music listening, however I cant get hold of woo in the uk (to my knowledge) and I dont quite like the idea of importing.

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #133 of 214
Hey redstar, 
The Beyer T1 sounds fantastic with the Conductor from burson. I believe they have a few retailers on the Uk, that's a perfect chance for a demo. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #134 of 214
Has anyone else tried Resonessence Labs Concero HP with T1s? I upgraded to this from a Herus, thinking its amp would be sufficient to drive the T1s, but it doesn't seem to be. Great DAC but the amp just doesn't have enough juice.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #135 of 214
Hey guys,
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has a WA2 vs. Decaware CSP3 opinion (as a T1 pairing); they're basically the same price, and since the CSP2+ seems to hold up pretty well to the WA2, I would assume that the CSP3 would be a really strong competitor, but I haven't found any good comparisons. Opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back