Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance?
Aug 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #46 of 444
Just a thought, then I will go back to
Just observing the site. Promise.

Something just rubs me the wrong way seeing tyll and lachlan upping these. If these werent priced so highly, I wouldn't have near as much issues with them but $200-$300 dollars is, for a lot of people some serious cash. When you put it into perspective its in some cases an entire weeks pay. You can support a family for a week. So for that kind of value, I would expect little to no plastic and heavy R&D with perhaps something unique in the driver design or something. Look at JVC. They have so much engineering genius. Carbon nano tubes, kelton woofers, dual drivers, wooden diaphragms soaked in sake, they use brass in their earphones..... I digress. I dunno, I just think that beats have really done a huge disservice to the hobby. Seems everyone is a little too eager to just get over that. So what, they finally made a phone that sound decent, big deal. Have we forgotten that they should have done that from the beginning? Their reputation in the community is a deserved one, why not let them go down with the ship? They have already seen tons of undeserved success from under engineered products that were nothing more than a money grab. Why are we so eager to continue to fill their pockets? Why can't we all stand together and say sorry guys too little too late?

Then I watch Lachlan's Vmoda xs review.
He gave them a negative mention for their train catching performance? Stating that he is always running to catch a train, and the xs move around on his head when he runs. Seems silly.he gives them another negative mention for the fact that they will move if you yank the cord? Cmon!? What's next bashing them for there ability to burn when subjected to hot flames??

Yet beats makes a new plastic can that sounds better than the old plastic can and he's all ready to declare it superior to the xs? I don't know, mabey its just me but I consider engineering and design R&D some of the most important and appealing things when I consider a headphone. Not just if it sounds better than the old model.

In the end, I wish beats new phones would have went something like this: beats PR: "beats made a new headphone" headphone community: "who cares?"

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #47 of 444
All is relative. In the end, it's how much YOU are willing to cash out for any item that YOU want. James Dyson made (and makes) a lot of money with its 600$ vacuums. But, do they worth it? Again, it's relative. You could be very happy with a 100$ Dirt Devil. 

Some headphones sound even better, and cost 500, 1000, and way more. If you want to pay 50$ for a JVC phones, that's fine.
If someone else is comfortable with cashing out 1500$ for a HD800 or any Audeze, that's fine too.

But Dirt Devil is not as hype as a Dyson thought. Nor a JVC is as hype as a Beats.

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #48 of 444
  All is relative. In the end, it's how much YOU are willing to cash out for any item that YOU want. James Dyson made (and makes) a lot of money with its 600$ vacuums. But, do they worth it? Again, it's relative. You could be very happy with a 100$ Dirt Devil. 

Some headphones sound even better, and cost 500, 1000, and way more. If you want to pay 50$ for a JVC phones, that's fine.
If someone else is comfortable with cashing out 1500$ for a HD800 or any Audeze, that's fine too.

But Dirt Devil is not as hype as a Dyson thought. Nor a JVC is as hype as a Beats.

Not sure if the Dyson analogy is one you want to use here. Because vacuums suck.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #50 of 444

Something just rubs me the wrong way seeing tyll and lachlan upping these. If these werent priced so highly, I wouldn't have near as much issues with them but $200-$300 dollars is, for a lot of people some serious cash. When you put it into perspective its in some cases an entire weeks pay. You can support a family for a week. So for that kind of value, I would expect little to no plastic and heavy R&D with perhaps something unique in the driver design or something. Look at JVC. They have so much engineering genius. Carbon nano tubes, kelton woofers, dual drivers, wooden diaphragms soaked in sake, they use brass in their earphones..... I digress. I dunno, I just think that beats have really done a huge disservice to the hobby. Seems everyone is a little too eager to just get over that. So what, they finally made a phone that sound decent, big deal. Have we forgotten that they should have done that from the beginning? Their reputation in the community is a deserved one, why not let them go down with the ship? They have already seen tons of undeserved success from under engineered products that were nothing more than a money grab. Why are we so eager to continue to fill their pockets? Why can't we all stand together and say sorry guys too little too late?

He gave them a negative mention for their train catching performance? Stating that he is always running to catch a train, and the xs move around on his head when he runs. Seems silly.he gives them another negative mention for the fact that they will move if you yank the cord? Cmon!? What's next bashing them for there ability to burn when subjected to hot flames??

Yet beats makes a new plastic can that sounds better than the old plastic can and he's all ready to declare it superior to the xs? I don't know, mabey its just me but I consider engineering and design R&D some of the most important and appealing things when I consider a headphone. Not just if it sounds better than the old model.

In the end, I wish beats new phones would have went something like this: beats PR: "beats made a new headphone" headphone community: "who cares?"

Now that is whining. Everyone uses plastic in their headphones because it is cheap and light but the construction is usually a combination of metal and plastic with metal used for the few parts that need to be resilient. I'll also remind you that there is a ton of audiophile focused companies that release over-priced, under-engineered trash that Beats often gets accused of. At least Beats actually knows how to design a headphone that sounds good, looks good and is comfortable because there are ton of audiophile focused companies that struggle to even do two out of three.

At the end of the day Beats made a headphone that sounds good and is priced well relative to its competitors. There are people that dislike Beats because they never sounded good relative to competitors at equal price. There are also people that dislike Beats because their audiophile identity comes from disliking Beats because that is apparently what audiophiles must do. There are also people that dislike Beats because of their "urban styling" which could be a legitimate dislike of their plastic style. There are people that dislike Beats because of thinly-veiled racism towards "urban culture" though I would hope that few people here dislike Beats for this reason.

If I was looking for an on-ear headphone in the $200 range I'd pick up the Beats Solo 2 without any qualms. I'm in this hobby for sound and not trying to fit in with whatever people perceive to be an audiophile identity.

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #51 of 444

I care as do many others and more recently the most respected headphone and personal audio critic arguably around does to - Mr.Tyll Hertsens.

This isn't the first good headphone beats have made that sounds decent, its the first one Tyll has reviewed that in his opinion and many others, sound exceptionally good, so good that it's being regarded as an audiophile basshead headphone, so regardless of brand, that in itself is significant.

Glad you mention the JVC SZ series - the SZ1000 & SZ2000 headphones - I own both and have made bass/paper SPL tests uploaded here on the extreme bass thread, so am very familiar with each model.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/915#post_10678964
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/990#post_10686747

Yes, they certainly do have all that good stuff you mention, Kelton method found usually in floor speakers, dual drivers, one 55mm for bass and one 30mm drivers for mids and highs , both made from carbon nanotubes. These are both aimed at the basshead market, however, JVC's marketing is so schiit that owners from this site have done more for JVC in promoting this can than they have done.

Here's the rub with the SZ range of cans - the stock sound signature is fairly uninspiring leaving you wondering - where's the bass with all this internal tech going on?

Well, it's there, you just gotta dig for it via EQing and amplification, the latter has been found through owners that the Fiio E12 seems to work best, so you can add $125 straight away to the cost of your SZ cans.

Also, the stock pads on the SZ2000 model are complete schiit - this is virtually a universal taken by users - a pad change is going to vary, dependant on what you go for, though a lot of users use harvested pads off the JVC MR55X which can mean buying a pair of 55 headphones just for the pads - add another $40 to costs.

So how we doing so far? Costs are spiralling here, also let's mention that despite all this tech with brass and Kelton dual chamber, driver tech going on, JVC have a 1.2mm non removable cable and provide the worst travel/storage bag I've seen from any headphone manufacturer - it's a little better than an empty packet of crisps wrapper - you may want to spend $30 on a hard shell third party storage case.

So from the initial outlay of your SZ cans you could spend up to another $195 on top - I know this - I own both the SZ1 & 2k and was aware of the added costs to get the best out of these cans - but I simply aim to highlight to you .

Don't misunderstand me though - the SZ range of cans when invested in further with the above mentioned are sensational with the SZ2000's currently number 1 in the extreme bass top 10 of bass headphones.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/1815#post_10800007

Beats solo2 needs not this type of extra cost involved, as it is a very different kind of headphone to the JVC SZ range - the SZ range are arguably the very best over ear basshead cannon class headphones currently available now or than anything that has come before them with the caveat of investing in suitable amplifier and replacement pads and ensuring your DAP has good enough EQ abilities to tap into the reservoir of bass available.

solo2 is a more audiophile basshead portable on ear headphone where bass definition balanced with mids and highs work excellently for an on ear headphone and amp and EQing can enhance these cans but is far from being essential.

The only other phones that can EQ bass almost as hard as the SZ series is the FOSTEX TH600 & TH900 - the latter is $2000.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/1485#post_10759270
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/1500#post_10760862

Beats have done a huge service to this hobby, they opened the consumer up to the idea of headphones as a must have accessory and spend over $100 and virtually every manufacturer has been trying to emulate beats in some form or another - beats paved the way then audio snobs forgot about dre. Not forgetting how many thousands found head-fi from initially getting into headphones, starting with beats? I'm one of such.

It appears that this community at head-fi is slowly welcoming beats from default whipping boy to a credible audio brand of quality and value for money and it's taken the likes of Hifiguy528 and now Mr.Tyll Hertsens to finally seal the deal for people to open their minds and ears outside of the absurd beats hate and bashing that was so appalling in some instances it was cringeworthy.

Beats and their solo2 is to be celebrated not denigrated IMO :wink:

Side note: if you want to know what the hardest hitting bass cans are then head straight to the extreme bass club thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Now that is whining. Everyone uses plastic in their headphones because it is cheap and light but the construction is usually a combination of metal and plastic with metal used for the few parts that need to be resilient. I'll also remind you that there is a ton of audiophile focused companies that release over-priced, under-engineered trash that Beats often gets accused of. At least Beats actually knows how to design a headphone that sounds good, looks good and is comfortable because there are ton of audiophile focused companies that struggle to even do two out of three.

At the end of the day Beats made a headphone that sounds good and is priced well relative to its competitors. There are people that dislike Beats because they never sounded good relative to competitors at equal price. There are also people that dislike Beats because their audiophile identity comes from disliking Beats because that is apparently what audiophiles must do. There are also people that dislike Beats because of their "urban styling" which could be a legitimate dislike of their plastic style. There are people that dislike Beats because of thinly-veiled racism towards "urban culture" though I would hope that few people here dislike Beats for this reason.

If I was looking for an on-ear headphone in the $200 range I'd pick up the Beats Solo 2 without any qualms. I'm in this hobby for sound and not trying to fit in with whatever people perceive to be an audiophile identity.

+1 all this ^ :cool:

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #52 of 444
Hello guys,

I have another question. Would these still sound good as described unamped? I don't plan on getting an amp any time soon and also a high quality mp3 player so I have only the ipod touch 5th generation to drive it. Appreciate all the help i can get.

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #53 of 444
  Hello guys,

I have another question. Would these still sound good as described unamped? I don't plan on getting an amp any time soon and also a high quality mp3 player so I have only the ipod touch 5th generation to drive it. Appreciate all the help i can get.

They are high sensitivity and will sound fine out of your ipod touch.

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #54 of 444
Hello guys,

Yup - absolutely, these sound great straight from your iPod, smartphone etc and top as a portable on the go headphone.

Just pop into your nearest Apple store - they have these out on display to test for yourself where you can connect to your source and audition them for yourself, which is of course the best way to make an informed choice outside of taking in as much credible reviews from reviewers you identify with - Mr. Hertsens being one such reviewer that many and most trust for sure :)

The biggest choice I fear you'll face is likely to be what colour to go for - lol :D

For photos of the solo2:

Grey colour
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1120243/my-headphones/

Red colour
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1125439/red-beats-solo2-connected-directly-to-ipad-with-armani-cow-skin-cover/

Blue and Black colours
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1133399/beats-solo2-in-blue/

White and a Pink colours - sorry, I don't own the solo2 in these colours personally so no personal photos to be had, but on my original beats thread I started on 1st June, the official UK release date of the solo2 and Mr.Tyll Hertsens accredited with link in his original innerfidelity.com solo2 review, did post beats solo2 marketing photos which featured these colours
http://www.head-fi.org/t/721436/beats#post_10598721

A picture is worth a thousand words for sure.

Did I mention that Tyll linked his review to my original now locked beats thread in his review already? LoL - yeah about a million times already - but mind blowing in so many ways - LoL :D the solo2 has many colour options to choose from - personal expression is so something beats excel at and have subtle svelte colours to the most vibrant - beats won't stifle you into one or two colour choices only - like life, variety is the spice of it :wink:

Here's another track I recommend checking/auditioning with the solo2 to show off their tight controlled and defined punch bass impact:

Skrillex - " Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites"
http://youtu.be/WwskvQfdQyA
The video for this track is like a avant garde parody of beats past & present on head-fi - lol :D
If a picture paints a thousand words, then moving pictures with audio paints....more words than can be spoken?

:wink: Party

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #55 of 444

Yup - absolutely, these sound great straight from your iPod, smartphone etc and top as a portable on the go headphone.

Just pop into your nearest Apple store - they have these out on display to test for yourself where you can connect to your source and audition them for yourself, which is of course the best way to make an informed choice outside of taking in as much credible reviews from reviewers you identify with - Mr. Hertsens being one such reviewer that many and most trust for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

The biggest choice I fear you'll face is likely to be what colour to go for - lol
biggrin.gif

For photos of the solo2:

Grey colour
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1120243/my-headphones/

Red colour
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1125439/red-beats-solo2-connected-directly-to-ipad-with-armani-cow-skin-cover/

Blue and Black colours
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1133399/beats-solo2-in-blue/

Unfortunately we don't have those kinds of apple stores here in the Philippines. Thanks for the answer though, another piece of information that would help my decision. FYI I've narrowed it down to Vmoda XS and these.

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #56 of 444
Unfortunately we don't have those kinds of apple stores here in the Philippines. Thanks for the answer though, another piece of information that would help my decision. FYI I've narrowed it down to Vmoda XS and these.

I've the v-moda xs also :)

Between the solo2 and xs, whichever you decide upon - both are excellent choices - you really can't go wrong with either IMO :cool:

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1099375/v-moda-xs-pic-4/sort/display_order/

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #57 of 444
Big ups to the original Head-Fi Beats Appreciators Crew!

Bro - we are just way ahead of our time, but thank The Lord the likes of legends like yourself and now Mr.Tyll Hertsens have finally opened the eyes of the masses and dealt the heaviest of sucker punches to all beats haters
cool.gif

We're all here for the love of audio and the gear we choose to play it through - let's hope Beats as a credible brand for the audiophile world will be warmly welcomed just as I and you more so have done already for some time now and now Mr.Hertsens has finally sealed the deal.

Looking forward to your upcoming unboxing videos dude, especially the much anticipated mixr2 headphone - the original already a firm favourite headphone in the DJ can category for me 4 sho
biggrin.gif

Hard to believe that the solo2 is now being discussed here on head-fi as an audiophile basshead headphone.

Maximum respect to the pioneers of all that has come before Tyll's atomic bomb of a review - and you are one of those pioneers, Hifiguy528 and deserve many big-ups
cool.gif

The beats revolution started before Tyll's review of the amazing solo2, Hifiguy528 played a big part in that - the fuse was lit - Tyll just detonated the beats bomb, only this bomb is not of destruction but construction
wink.gif

This is the dawn of a new beats age where all hate and old prejudices have hopefully been blown to oblivion - it's a beats new world...

For those who think solo2 is a one trick pony - check previous released models such as already mentioned beats mixr and Studio 2.0 wireless, and check Hifiguy528's YouTube channel for the latest and greatest headphone unboxing videos of beats and every other brand relevant in the headcan world
cool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/user/hifiguy528

Recommended tracks for the solo2 v

Dr Dre feat. Eminem - "Forgot about Dre"
http://youtu.be/E5a93wABHNM
Prophetic Lyrics 4 sure
("Ya'll know me still the same OG
But I been low key
Hated on by most these
you'd better bow down on both knees")

"Don't call it a come back, I've been here for years"
http://youtu.be/vimZj8HW0Kg

"turn down for what?"
http://youtu.be/HMUDVMiITOU

Skrillex - "All is fair in love and Brostep"
http://youtu.be/t4YLzEHwRcs

Skrillex "Punch" - "First of the Year"
http://youtu.be/ivpOTb-Z71A
WARNING! The immensity of track + video listened with solo2 cans may reduce some to tears as they behold a new definition of Epic
wink.gif
video made from film "Sucker Punch" which is equally - Epic
smily_headphones1.gif
"CALL 911 NOW!"
eek.gif

Let's hope Head-Fi sees a new influx of new members of beats owners here at head-fi, no longer hesitant to join here due to the hate, but happy to be loud and proud of their beats cans just as other members currently do over their individual favourite brands of headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and for all those wondering - despite the solo2 blowing up the minds and ears of the audio world at large - Dr Dre still isn't a real doctor
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Checked & Wrecked

Wanna see something cool?
http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1173175/beats-solo2-now-officially-on-tyll-hertsens-innerfidelity-wall-of-fame-beats-haters-are-kod-and-are-out-for-the-count/
wink.gif
lol
biggrin.gif
Do U Even solo2 Bro?

Disclaimer: This post was made whilst listening to bad ass dubstep with devastating drops, using - my solo2's, blue colour - tomorrow - I'm using my red ones - that is all
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Peace
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for the kind words.  It is important that it's enjoyment of music first regardless of make or model we use.  People who refuses to try a product because of public perception is not doing him or herself a favor.  The new Beats Tour 2.0 is one of the BEST basshead IEMs on the market for only $149.  I use mine daily and it takes a beating, plays even after being drenched in water.  bulletproof!  Hopefully we'll see some Beats love at meets so more people can try them.  :)

Great test tracks.  THANK YOU!  

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #58 of 444
HiFiGuy528 thanks bro :beerchug:

Of course you can read Tyll's full review at http://innerfidelity.com, but here's the full transcript of Tyll's YouTube beats solo2 review in its full glory :wink:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/PcpIba9SSjE[/VIDEO]​

Time to rethink Beats by Dre...The New Solo2 is Excellent!!!

"Hi, Tyll from innerfidelity here today we're going to talk about the new beats solo2 and I'm gonna have to do a little bit of back peddling on my previous position that beats headphones are mediocre at best, and their [COLOR=FF00AA]*[/COLOR]previous solo headphone was horrible,[COLOR=FF00AA]*[/COLOR] which it was, but the new solo2 is really excellent and they've done an outstanding job with this headphone and so, if you've seen my video in the past about the solo headphone it's time to rethink our opinion of beats because with this headphone they have just brought to the world the headphone that is most likely to be the most commonly sold headphone in the world, they've brought to that really good sound and so for the next little while beats is going to be selling really terrific sound to people and people are going to be getting their first experience with really good sound as the artist intended essentially.

So I'm very happy today to bring you this review on the new beats solo2 headphone, this is an on ear sealed headphone, it's very difficult to make this kind of headphone sound good, it's pretty much an all plastic construction although there are some metal bits buried within on the headband adjustment here, there's metal inside there and also on the detentes that allow you to open and close the headphone, there's some metal in there, but mostly it's synthetic materials and it appears to me that they've done a really nice job on these materials, the headband has an ample cushion, it really does touch pretty much right in the middle on the top of your head, but the weight is very light with this headphone and the clamping pressure is such that most of the weight ends up actually being carried on the earpads. The earpads are very nice protein leather and memory foam underneath, they're rather large for an on ear headphone and I find that they seal very well, provide a good degree of isolation and are quite comfortable on the whole so these do a good job of being a comfortable on ear headphone which isn't so easy.

The head ear pieces swivel a moderate amount on the end of the headband and that's the only tilting mechanism that occurs, there's a little bit of sound that it makes when you do that but I didn't hear any sound while it was on my head. As I said the headband can fold and it comes with this little handy dandy soft sided pouch that it goes into and the cable can be left on when you put it in the pouch, I just usually wind it up like that and it works just fine. The cable is attached with a 3.5mm plug to the left ear, has a three button Apple compatible remote control. The centre is a button and the ends are the casing that moves and I found this really quite good at being able to be interpreted by my fingertips, so this remote control works very nicely actually.

Cable's 53 inches long which is just about right for me, has a 90 degree angled connector which does help reduce the strain on your jack personally I like to see 45 degree angled connectors but it's much better than a straight connector, and there's a little bit of reach here that allows it to get into, in through the case of your portable device but I would have liked to see a little more, I think some cases may interfere with this, not many.

So, quite comfortable, good isolation, lightweight, very nice in terms of the mechanics of the headphone in terms of sound quality, they are really astonishingly good. It does have a bit of a bass boost, some of which I think is an appropriate amount in the low bass it may be a little bit high but unfortunately the bass boost continues on up into the mid range finally gets to the zero line at about 500Hz and I would have rather seen that happen at 120Hz so the result is a little bit of extra emphasis between 120 and 500 Hz that causes them to sound a little thick. The bass is really nice and tight and impactful but it's just a little thick sounding because of this extenuated upper bass and lower mid range .

The very top octave above 10kHz is a little withdrawn, maybe 3dB more than appropriate in my view so between this rather little bit thick sounding bass and roll off on the top these become a bit veiled and warm sounding relative to what I'd consider absolutely neutral, however, the response from the mid range through the lower and mid treble is excellent, there aren't any spikes in there, they're not a harsh sounding headphone. The treble above 10kHz or mid treble and above is quite articulate there's no nasty harshness there even though it's down in level just a bit it's still quite accurate and resolving . So all in all this is quite a good headphone and I would say in this price range for this type of headphone is probably slightly superior to the Sennheiser Momentum and v-moda xs, which I have here. These two headphone's are on the wall of fame right now. The Momentum had better treble response, was more inline with where it should be and good treble articulation, but the bass on this is a bit loose and sloppy and there's a little bit of extenuation in the low treble that causes these to be a little bit v shaped sounding and a little bit bright. The v-moda xs is better tonally than the Momentum, also sufferers from a bit of looseness in the bass however and both of these headphone's are a little more uneven through the midrange than the beats solo2 which really does a good job of getting the midrange right, even though it's a little bit warm tilted too much, it's still quite good. So I found that I prefer these to the Sennheiser Momentum on ear and v-moda xs by a small margin, they all had strengths and weaknesses.

So the beats solo2 will be going up on the wall of fame as an OUTSTANDING headphone at 200 dollars. I think they've done just a terrific job of making this a headphone that's good for all people, doesn't have these strong design elements that the v-moda xs and the Momentum have that will cause them to be a little narrower in their appeal by people because a strong design will also cause some people not to like it, whereas the solo is kinda just right down the middle, this does not remind me of a fashion headphone or a celebrity headphone it doesn't scream to be hung around your neck, it's just a good, solid, good performing headphone and I think beats has really done a service to the consumers of the world who're gonna be out there buying headphone's and this time when they get their solo from beats they're gonna be really happy about what they hear.

So it going up on the wall of fame. There wasn't enough difference between them for me to figure out how to decide between these two which to take off the wall of fame, so at the moment they're all three gonna be up there and all I can do for the future is hope that somebody comes along and knocks all three of them off and I can start afresh in that category, but for right now at 200 dollars on the sealed on ears headphone's, I'd say the beats solo2 is my top recommendation with the caveat that the Momentum and xs have strengths of their own that may cause people to prefer them over the beats, it's a close call.

So, good job Dr Dre! You really are giving people the sound as the artist intended it, thank you very much, I really, really appreciate that.

Hope you get to hear one soon, they're only 200 bucks so, pffth, maybe you should just run out and buy one and see for yourself.

Alright, we'll see you guys next time."

[COLOR=FF00AA]*[/COLOR] Refers to Monster beats solo review made on 7th April 2011

----------------------------​

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent

ps - a message to Mr.Tyll Hertsens - thanks again for this pretty much groundbreaking review. With the help of HiFiGuy528 and yourself I think you both have opened the minds and ears to a new type of audiophile and music lovers at large whom may no longer have bad perception bias towards beats as a brand.

Oh, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Dre himself will have taken in your review either from your site, here or on YouTube, same goes 4 Hifiguy528 :D
Good times for music lovers all around I'd say - and that's hard to beats :beerchug:

Here's another track highly recommended to check & wreck with the solo2's..."you are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge "

From a OG in NWA 2 Beats by Dre - the American Dream done the right way :cool:

NWA - "straight outta Compton"
http://youtu.be/0JjqTinl-VI

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #59 of 444
Ha!  You transcribed my whole video!? That's the first time I've seen anyone do that.

Glad you're enjoying the review. I knew it would cause a stir.

FWIW, the Solo2 is the only can in the new line-up that warrants a full review, but I do think the other models are all a step up from previous models.

I suppose you'll be glad to know I'm not done with Beats. I'm working on getting deeper into the company and exploring their philosophy...such as it is.

I really want to know what their intentions are over the next year....should be interesting.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #60 of 444
  Ha!  You transcribed my whole video!? That's the first time I've seen anyone do that.

Glad you're enjoying the review. I knew it would cause a stir.

FWIW, the Solo2 is the only can in the new line-up that warrants a full review, but I do think the other models are all a step up from previous models.

I suppose you'll be glad to know I'm not done with Beats. I'm working on getting deeper into the company and exploring their philosophy...such as it is.

I really want to know what their intentions are over the next year....should be interesting.

Well how else could I frame and hang your YT review on my wall without first transcribing it 
wink.gif

Looking forward to all your future content on IF, YT etc, especially your beats the company coverage 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back