Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Mar 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,034 of 5,854
David, if the HE-500's retailed for $895 and included FREE worldwide shipping, would they retain their A+ rating?

Before I forget, Welcome "home". 
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #3,035 of 5,854
Quote:
Photos will be back soon.  One of photobucket's servers is down.  Meanwhile, I will be resuming my reviewing process this weekend.  I have 4 reviews in the queue... And then after that, I will probably break for a while.

You DO deserve a 
smiley_thumb.gif
 break. And I've just the break 
wink_face.gif
 for you! Spring is in the air, and with you being a musician and all, I know you'll be able to relate - hire a Roadie (or two) and go on a National Tour with all of them gears. And let the Head-Fi community fund your effort. 

Maybe, slice up the country in 6...9...12 regions?
popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #3,037 of 5,854
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the best bang for the buck first place, but hey, we all hear differently.

David

I would add to the growing call for a Mad Dog Alpha pad review...before you go on a break. They seem to be the headphone of the moment, with the most buzz surrounding them...

Please please please.....from one Elliot Smith devotee to another 
wink_face.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #3,038 of 5,854
Quote:
Why? you´ve tried so a few things...
biggrin.gif

hahah :)
Quote:
You DO deserve a 
smiley_thumb.gif
wink_face.gif
 for you! Spring is in the air, and with you being a musician and all, I know you'll be able to relate - hire a Roadie (or two) and go on a National Tour with all of them gears. And let the Head-Fi community fund your effort. 

popcorn.gif

That would be a dream come true, because i think my music is really want i would love to do.... but to be honest, something has prevented me from ever really trying to introduce myself as an artist.  I've played my original compositions for less than a dozen people, but its a big part of my life.

Quote:
David

I would add to the growing call for a Mad Dog Alpha pad review...before you go on a break. They seem to be the headphone of the moment, with the most buzz surrounding them...

wink_face.gif

I never even heard of the Mad Dog before, but I see here its popular..... whats ur favorite elliott album of the week?

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #3,039 of 5,854
Quote:
David, if the HE-500's retailed for $895 and included FREE worldwide shipping, would they retain their A+ rating?

Before I forget, Welcome "home". 
beerchug.gif

yes, i would probably maintain its A+, maybe an A, but either way.... its great! :)

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #3,040 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:
You DO deserve a 
smiley_thumb.gif
wink_face.gif

popcorn.gif

That would be a dream come true, because i think my music is really want i would love to do.... but to be honest, something has prevented me from ever really trying to introduce myself as an artist.  I've played my original compositions for less than a dozen people, but its a big part of my life.

Horizons

Great...let's make it happen! (2014?) 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #3,041 of 5,854
Quote:

Quote:
David

wink_face.gif

I never even heard of the Mad Dog before, but I see here its popular..... whats ur favorite elliott album of the week?

I'd give a shout out to Dan at Mrspeakers: https://mrspeakers.com/ I'm sure he would lend you a pair or something of the sort. Some people prefer the Mad Dogs to the LCD-2's, and the Mad Dogs are only $300. I suggest you check 'em out
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #3,042 of 5,854
Quote:

Never too late :)

I've been lucky enough to play in front of thousands of peeps at local festivals, and theres nothing like people enjoying your own music. Its such a personal thing.

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #3,044 of 5,854
Quote:
LugBug1, what do you play or are you a singer (both)?

I play guitar and do backing vocals :) I don't play live anymore now. Just record my music for fun... I had to join the real world when I had kids and got married.. ha

Its one of those things that never leaves you, if you write songs then there is always gonna be times when you need to put pen to paper. Its always the bad times... but thats when you make the best art IMO

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #3,045 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:
LugBug1, what do you play or are you a singer (both)?

I play guitar and do backing vocals :) I don't play live anymore now. Just record my music for fun... I had to join the real world when I had kids and got married.. ha

Its one of those things that never leaves you, if you write songs then there is always gonna be times when you need to put pen to paper. Its always the bad times... but thats when you make the best art IMO

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back