Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3,017 of 5,854
Quote:

Sorry, I'm lacking any alternatives that would serve you. Though, I'd have no problem donating via Paypal, to support this continued and extraordinary undertaking.
wink.gif

Quote:
Ditto that. I'll kick in some dough.

My goodness, head-fi is filled with such wonderfully kind people, and not only you two, but you two included:)

It is truly my pleasure to provide the community with this review and I don't mind paying photobucket (always wondered how they made their money LOL)

but thank you truly.... and also, everyone who sent their condolences to me in the past week, thank you very very much.

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #3,018 of 5,854
Sir, you are one of our own. 
wink.gif

Okay, time for debate & battle! 
biggrin.gif
 I remember your pairing between the WooAudio WA5/HiFiMan HE-6 via K1000 output; said it was "Sublime." How did it do with complex and difficult demanding Orchestral passages?
popcorn.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #3,021 of 5,854
Quote:

My goodness, head-fi is filled with such wonderfully kind people, and not only you two, but you two included:)

It is truly my pleasure to provide the community with this review and I don't mind paying photobucket (always wondered how they made their money LOL)

but thank you truly.... and also, everyone who sent their condolences to me in the past week, thank you very very much.

the important thing is that you´re again...

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #3,023 of 5,854
You should review the Mad Dogs. Maybe that'll make your list. Anyways, per your recommendation, and since my dad loves classical music, I got him the Beyerdynamic DT660.

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #3,026 of 5,854
Quote:
Quote:
Me too 
L3000.gif
. If it would have been a book I would have certainly bought it.

Now there's a good idea, lets get this thing in print or kindle form.  I would buy that.  especially if you offered updates...

Then there'd be a debate over what format.
dt880smile.png

Seriously though, Head-Fi was due for a contribution of this magnitude from the community.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #3,028 of 5,854
Hey David.. just wanted to thank you.  Some time back I asked about a complementary pair of headphones to my HD700.  You suggested the LCD2 and the HE500.
I picked up the HE500 and just half way into the burn in process, I'm pretty happy with them. I'm hoping the soundstage opens up but they're coming along.  So far, I prefer the HD700 for vocals and jazzy music.. Sinatra and Patricia Barber come to mind and am torn with Brubeck. For pretty much everything else, I prefer the HE500 but I do miss the HD700 soundstage. It just seems more open, airy and expansive.  I may change my mind once I get another 100 hours on them or so.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #3,029 of 5,854
Hi,
Quote:
Quote:
Me too 
L3000.gif
. If it would have been a book I would have certainly bought it.

Now there's a good idea, lets get this thing in print or kindle form.  I would buy that.  especially if you offered updates...

Easiest solution is that one of us Head-Fi'ers (or even a collective) collects and collates all this information in OOWriter (or M$Word for Micro$laves) gets the copy to David for approval and then simply saves this as PDF (and e-book) and places it for free download of for a small donation to Head-Fi. And of course update as things change.

It may even be good to collate other reviews (Headphone Amplifiers, DAC's etc.) into the same book. So to speak a HeadFi Bible...

Cheers Rich

PS, I'd help, but I'm jammed out as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back