Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Feb 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #2,986 of 5,854
Ru nuts!!! Go comfort ur family..no headfi'ing for u for at least a few days..oops..sorry..u know me..i say says outloud..sorry..but ur family needs u..

we are not going anywhere..we are an addicted audiocraving bunch..i am here even more then on f..book..okay i admit..sometimes i have a feeling that the avarage IQ on this forum is double of the ones on f..book...lolz...oh well..u know me..i talk to much..well..take care mister..u will be missed in the time u dont post..but we all respect and understand  that..peace to u, ur family and close friends.
paulo

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,988 of 5,854
David,

I'm not a frequent poster here, but the wealth of information shared on this forum is priceless. Most importantly, condolences for your loss & thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family.

I also wanted to say 'thank you' for all your efforts & sharing your insight & experience. Your review inspired me to take a big chance and purchase a pair of ATH W-3000ANV's to replace my LCD-2's. While I really liked the sound of the LCD-2's, I could never get comfortable with their weight/fit and found myself just not using them. I received my W3000ANV's (new in box) just Thursday (thanks to another Head Fier) and even though they are still breaking in, I am absolutely in love with their sound!!

Best,

Randy

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #2,991 of 5,854
Just catching up.. my condolences David. All the best.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,995 of 5,854
Sorry for your loss, David 
triportsad.gif

Quote:

Get yourself a pair of new HD800, my friend... No harsh peaks, extremely defined soundstage and no need for tube amps in order to enjoy their sound (at least with newer batches). Keep LCD-2 to complement them. You're done!

Look at my signature - if a treble-sensitive person like me can fully enjoy them with modern genres and on neutral SS amp, you definitely would as well!

Very good advice indeed! I have recently compared LCD2 and HD800 with Conductor and they are the perfect yin and yang to each other. I like them both a lot. I started to understand why David said they are Neutrality Kings.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,996 of 5,854
Quote:
Hey guys,

Wanted to just come back and say that due to a death in the family (as well as some other personal things), I've been forced to take a break from the review.  I will be back in "here" soon, but I'm taking a break.  Sorry guys:frowning2:

Please accept my condolences, together with the rest of the HiFi "family". Real life always trumps on-line, especially when it is sorrowful. Even if you decid to retire from this community, you have given us enormously of your time and expertise, and we are all grateful.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #2,997 of 5,854
Er, let's cheer up a little here, guys. Are you aware that some cultures consider death an occasion for celebration--the celebration of life? In any case David has stated that he wants us to get on with the thread, as well as that he intends to join us again at an appropriate time. It would be a pity if when he does so the thread was still in mourning.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #2,998 of 5,854
OK, back to the topic of headphones.
Is Sennheiser HD-800 a good headphone for electronic music? It has great soundstage, holography, it's fast!
What do you think?

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #2,999 of 5,854
Quote:
OK, back to the topic of headphones.
Is Sennheiser HD-800 a good headphone for electronic music? It has great soundstage, holography, it's fast!
What do you think?

its not bad.

depends on what kind of electronic.

i think its good for trance like armin van buuren, above and beyond, gareth emery, ferry corsten, atb, cosmic gate, etc...... its pretty good for house too

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #3,000 of 5,854
Quote:

its not bad.

depends on what kind of electronic.

i think its good for trance like armin van buuren, above and beyond, gareth emery, ferry corsten, atb, cosmic gate, etc...... its pretty good for house too

Thanks!
I think of HD-800 as a complementary headphone to my LCD-2.2, the headphone that will give me more air, more space and more speed. HD-800 seems to fit the bill. I have however another question - as I won't be able to upgrade my amp - does it make sense to buy HD-800 and use it with Schiit Lyr. Will this amp be good enough  to appreciate HD-800 sufficiently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back