Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Mar 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3,062 of 5,854
Quote:
hahah :)
That would be a dream come true, because i think my music is really want i would love to do.... but to be honest, something has prevented me from ever really trying to introduce myself as an artist.  I've played my original compositions for less than a dozen people, but its a big part of my life.

I never even heard of the Mad Dog before, but I see here its popular..... whats ur favorite elliott album of the week?

I'm sure someone will be able to let you demo a pair really soon......

As for Elliot......i'd go for the rare compilations of New Moon......a treasure trove
wink_face.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #3,063 of 5,854
Quote:
sure!

Just some random stuff I'm working on....feel free to check out my soundcloud page....

i never know how to decide what to play so please excuse this overload.  I have never really showed anyone....

Here's 2 songs Im working on alone:

Chains

Unfinished Song (this one, i didn't finish the vocal....its over two years ago that i worked on it too, but im happy with the direction i think)

here's 1 from a band i work with: In My Brain

David...best compliment I could make, is that the 3 songs in your Unfinished Song link have a very George Harrision vibe...and as you'll know, he was major influence on ES!

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #3,066 of 5,854
Quote:
sure!

Just some random stuff I'm working on....feel free to check out my soundcloud page....

i never know how to decide what to play so please excuse this overload.  I have never really showed anyone....

Here's 2 songs Im working on alone:

Chains

Unfinished Song (this one, i didn't finish the vocal....its over two years ago that i worked on it too, but im happy with the direction i think)

here's 1 from a band i work with: In My Brain

Finally got these to work on my computer... They wouldn't play and then I changed my settings from 24 bit and they played :D
These are really good David, they have a real natural flow. Some lovely chord progressions too.
Quote:
nice! Is that you on the harp? 

Its the singer on the harp, I'm the noisy guitarist haha

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #3,069 of 5,854
David you are very talented indeed. I somewhat liked Chains and I'm drum & bass fan. 

as a side note: I really liked Vivaldi's the four seasons too. Could someone recommend me something similar? 
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #3,071 of 5,854
Quote:
David you are very talented indeed. I somewhat liked Chains and I'm drum & bass fan. 

as a side note: I really liked Vivaldi's the four seasons too. Could someone recommend me something similar? 
wink.gif

More Vivaldi, of course!
biggrin.gif
  His L'estro Armonico with Fabio Biondi's group Europa Galante is a winner.  The J.S. Bach Orchestral Suites (try Tafelmusic from Canada) and Brandenburg Concertos are masterpieces, too.  Great stuff.

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #3,073 of 5,854
Quote:
More Vivaldi, of course!
biggrin.gif
  His L'estro Armonico with Fabio Biondi's group Europa Galante is a winner.  The J.S. Bach Orchestral Suites (try Tafelmusic from Canada) and Brandenburg Concertos are masterpieces, too.  Great stuff.

+1 on the Brandenburg Concertos, Awsome!!

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #3,074 of 5,854
Quote:
More Vivaldi, of course!
biggrin.gif

L'estro Armonico is great stuff and top-drawer Vivaldi but quite different to Four Seasons, which is unique in Vivaldi's oeuvre as a kind of early baroque impressionism. Just thought I should offer that warning in case Stratok was expecting another Four Seasons. As for the JS Bach Orchestral Suites, I've never been able to go past John Eliot Gardiner and the English Baroque Soloists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back