Axpona 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 32
I haven't decided yet. But after CanJam NYC this past weekend, and CanJam Singapore early next month, I'll probably skip it and take a little show break. I will be there a few months after that for CanJam Chicago though! :relaxed:

Mar 4, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 32
I went to CanJam in NYC for both days and have reservations and tickets for Axpona also. After they canceled it two or three times, I'm determined to go. I spoke to Liz Smith, the Event Director in Late January and she was very confident it won't be cancelled this time as things have changed. I spent $9000 at CanJam so I hope I can restrain myself at Axpona!

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 32
I went to CanJam in NYC for both days and have reservations and tickets for Axpona also. After they canceled it two or three times, I'm determined to go. I spoke to Liz Smith, the Event Director in Late January and she was very confident it won't be cancelled this time as things have changed. I spent $9000 at CanJam so I hope I can restrain myself at Axpona!
I'm sure it would be very easy to do! What new toys did you get?

Mar 6, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 32
Curious if any Headfiers will be attending Axpona 2022. It's April 22-24 in Schaumburg, IL. I'm undecided at the moment but given current world climate I thought now might be a good time to check some things off the bucket list :wink:

https://www.axpona.com
I plan to go.

Mar 6, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 32
I don't have high hopes for you. You may end up going home with an MSB Select, Emm Labs DV2 or dCS Rossini. We haven't even gotten started with amps and speakers.

Mar 6, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 32
I don't have high hopes for you. You may end up going home with an MSB Select, Emm Labs DV2 or dCS Rossini. We haven't even gotten started with amps and speakers.

Haha, I don't think I'll go that far because of the costs of those products but I admit I want to buy more. I'm retiring in September and would like to purchase these items before then. I think a nice DAC and Streamer would make me happy for now. I bought the RAAL SR1a headphones and their new VM-1a Tube amp. Currently looking for nice interconnects before they ship. The Tube amp was a preorder (I heard it at CanJam) but it's supposed to start shipping next week.

Mar 20, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 32
Where's everyone staying at? I'll be at the Hyatt Regency. They have a shuttle running back and forth for the event. I'm flying in that Thursday and will be leaving Monday morning. I've been trying to scope out some of the local restaurants. Surprisingly I've been to Schamburg a number of times over the years with work related things dealing with Motorola.

Mar 24, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #9 of 32
I'll be there Friday with a few friends, trying to keep spending down, probably in vain. It'll be easier since ZMF isn't going, but I'm also kinda bummed about that. Lots of vendors seem to be missing from the list this year, but I still expect it to be a great time.

Did anyone know if CanJam Chicago is a new thing this year? I'm right near Chicago and it hasn't been on my radar in the past.

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 32
Looks like they tucked headphone related companies in their little part of the show, separate from the rest...the weirdo group that listens to headphones. :gs1000smile:

Mar 25, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #12 of 32
Isn't it aggressive to have it back to back with Axpona? Will people really make 2 trips to Chicago to attend audio shows? Some of the exhibitors overlap between the shows. For example, Headamp just got done with the NY Canjam and will attend Axpona in April. They are back to Chicago again for Canjam in June....I am not surprised he is taking a while to get his amps out :beyersmile:

Apr 6, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #14 of 32
I actually received a call today from Axpona staff asking if I was still coming to the event. I was surprised they did this. I don't know if they are doing this with everyone who bought tickets or not. I did purchase a Gold Pass but this may not have anything to do with it. Only 2 more weeks for my departure. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 32
Purchased a student pass a while back and got a call a few days ago! Axpona really is putting in a nice personal touch making sure we still have a passes.

Anyone know if you can request certain songs in speaker rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back