Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Dec 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #241 of 1,320
Sounds like you have quite a choice over there.  For portable tunes we only have Headphonic in Leederville WA.  Very helpful and friendly staff too.

I wish there was an RSA and ALO dealer here in Perth.

Merry Christmas to all.  

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #242 of 1,320
Sydney, who is interested in boxing day sale tmr morning specially at Westfield ath??

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #243 of 1,320

Quote:
Sydney, who is interested in boxing day sale tmr morning specially at Westfield ath??

Be interested to hear some of the special pricing ~ AT HQ should be able to blitz it if they wanted to.

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #244 of 1,320
Hope everyone is having a good holiday season.

We awoke, this morning, to the sound of a couple in the public housing across the road having a domestic. The guy was calling his SO a sl...and wh... and all that. Someone was doing burnouts too a few streets away. Oh Australia how I've missed you.

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #245 of 1,320

Wouldn't be an Australian Christmas without smoking rubber, smoking snags and wilting weather.

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #246 of 1,320
Ugh. I may never eat again. I have had five meals today and that is only counting deserts. 
blink.gif

What a glorious day it has been. Perfect weather 31 degrees. Love it. 

Even got some cash towards my Alo Rx mk3. All systems go on that toy!

Merry Christmas guys and girls. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #247 of 1,320
I worked TT

Service stations never close...

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #248 of 1,320
Well, I hope that you had a good day either way.  

Schiit should be announcing its intermediate dac and amp offerings any day now and I am pretty sure that Alo was to release the Rx3 around this time too.  Could be some interesting new gadgets to check out.

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #249 of 1,320
Feel like rewarding myself with a pair of ATH, hoping for some cheap W series haha!

Well at least I went to church, so as far as a Christian, I certainly had a good Christmas :)

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #250 of 1,320

Quote:

We awoke, this morning, to the sound of a couple in the public housing across the road having a domestic. The guy was calling his SO a sl...and wh... and all that. Someone was doing burnouts too a few streets away. Oh Australia how I've missed you.

Kind of embarassing when that happens...

On a cheerier note how is the L3?

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #251 of 1,320

Quote:
now and I am pretty sure that Alo was to release the Rx3 around this time too.

Yeah im watching out for that Puppy too... Same with the ibasso DX100.. Wish they were out already!

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #252 of 1,320

Quote:

Quote:

Kind of embarassing when that happens...

On a cheerier note how is the L3?

Very good, so far. Possibly a touch mellow, but that works with the headphones I'm using right now. I might have to ask Triad Audio if I can buy a metal case for it from them, as the wood case is a bit kludgy.

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #253 of 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavtorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

to be checked out in melbourne (I haven't read the whole thread, apologies if I'm reinterating):  

Stereophonic @ Docklands - Small but decent AT selection - each time I have been there the staff have been very friendly and helpful, but not a hiuge headphone focus (although growing).

Jaben @ Lonsdale St - Great guys, growing selection of toys and some rarities to drool over :wink:  Heard the hifiman he-500 there - very nice, fun listen  Going back soon to audition the centrance gear :)

Volume @ Melbourne Central - Big selection but lots of not so great models ie: skull candy. - but also AKG + AT+ some senns... very pricey tho, although I didn't ask if they would deal / pricematch, most places do I guess...  I like how you can try any model straight away just by jacking in a player...!

I like a2a, best selection I have found in victoria - and they are very accommodating to my anal auditioning methods! 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back