Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Dec 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #226 of 1,320
I'm just waiting on the FiiO E17... My dac should be the bottleneck of my system

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #227 of 1,320
A friend of mine just picked up a Triad L3 bought from a Brissie member from the PO for me that I will collect when I arrive. I can't believe now I own one of those insanely expensive (trans)portable rigs I thought were crazy not too long ago.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #228 of 1,320

Quote:
A friend of mine just picked up a Triad L3 bought from a Brissie member from the PO for me that I will collect when I arrive. I can't believe now I own one of those insanely expensive (trans)portable rigs I thought were crazy not too long ago.

That's a big wooden portable amp!

Now all you need is the woody DAC to match, no desire to have kept the Fostex HP-P1 for
 that purpose alone?

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #229 of 1,320

Woo Audio WA2 pictures from today..

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #230 of 1,320

Ray Samuels Emmeline portable amp range for those that desire a 'deluxe' portable experience
smile.gif

None on demo for now, but hopefully in the near future.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #231 of 1,320

Quote:

That's a big wooden portable amp!

Now all you need is the woody DAC to match, no desire to have kept the Fostex HP-P1 for
 that purpose alone?

I believe its wood no more. 
http://www.facebook.com/headfonia
That was what put me off the purchase of the L3.. That an the fact there was no international charger but was suprised at how low key the L3 was.

Gwarmi will you George be stocking the L3 at A2A 
atsmile.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #232 of 1,320

Quote:

I believe its wood no more. 
http://www.facebook.com/headfonia
That was what put me off the purchase of the L3.. That an the fact there was no international charger but was suprised at how low key the L3 was.

Gwarmi will you George be stocking the L3 at A2A 
atsmile.gif

Ahh not as far as I know, Ray Samuels portable range is here though, SR71B for the balanced inclined.

The L3 could be placed under 'special order' though perhaps. You'd have to ring George and ask.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #233 of 1,320

Audeze LCD-3 ~ finally this thing lands in Melbourne. Very surprising,
 currently burning in, I'm the only one to give it the nod instantly over the old
 LCD-2 from 3 other people. Certainly a different sound signature to my ears, fuller
 sounding and this one looks like it could misbehave if fed
 some really crummy recordings. I like it, I never heard the Rev1's but someone here
 reckons the LCD-3 pays tribute.

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #235 of 1,320

Quote:
Why's this thread turned out to be a pathetic advertisement for A2A?????

If you can think of another place in Australia where people can audition this sort of gear for free just by walking into a store
 then I'm all ears.

Some people actually like auditioning a $4000 setup before buying it.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #236 of 1,320

to be checked out in melbourne (I haven't read the whole thread, apologies if I'm reinterating):  

Stereophonic @ Docklands - Small but decent AT selection - each time I have been there the staff have been very friendly and helpful, but not a hiuge headphone focus (although growing).

Jaben @ Lonsdale St - Great guys, growing selection of toys and some rarities to drool over :wink:  Heard the hifiman he-500 there - very nice, fun listen  Going back soon to audition the centrance gear :)

Volume @ Melbourne Central - Big selection but lots of not so great models ie: skull candy. - but also AKG + AT+ some senns... very pricey tho, although I didn't ask if they would deal / pricematch, most places do I guess...  I like how you can try any model straight away just by jacking in a player...!

I like a2a, best selection I have found in victoria - and they are very accommodating to my anal auditioning methods! 

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #237 of 1,320
How about places in NZ? The guys at the real music co in wellington are awesome and so is turned on audio in onehunga, Auckland. I've also spent a fair amount of time in soundline wellington where they are very helpful (especially considering i'm a student so won't be spending mega $ any time soon). 
Nz stores are quite speaker focused.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to get to Sydney every few months (was Melbourne up until early this year).

Where can I go in Sydney?

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #238 of 1,320

Quote:
How about places in NZ? The guys at the real music co in wellington are awesome and so is turned on audio in onehunga, Auckland. I've also spent a fair amount of time in soundline wellington where they are very helpful (especially considering i'm a student so won't be spending mega $ any time soon). 
Nz stores are quite speaker focused.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to get to Sydney every few months (was Melbourne up until early this year).

Where can I go in Sydney?

The Audio Technica store at the Westfield shopping town, plus DJ Warehouse are on 2/641 Parramatta Rd
 Leichhardt NSW 2040

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #240 of 1,320

Merry Christmas and a very high fidelity new year everyone!! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back