Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #1,321 of 3,454
I agree. I felt the mids/upper mids of the gr07 mkII to be pretty open and transparent in a sense, but then the treble has a peakiness I didn't like and the bass seemed uneven to me. It wasn't super bassy or peaky, but it was like a portion of the bass was just a bit much. But it still sounded god. I'm still looking for er4s, red filter, mid to treble, with a perfect low end to low mids...

Well then you're in the right thread.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,322 of 3,454

I agree. I felt the mids/upper mids of the gr07 mkII to be pretty open and transparent in a sense, but then the treble has a peakiness I didn't like and the bass seemed uneven to me. It wasn't super bassy or peaky, but it was like a portion of the bass was just a bit much. But it still sounded god. I'm still looking for er4s, red filter, mid to treble, with a perfect low end to low mids...

I agree about the treble, even if you get rid of the resonance with the proper fit, it's still uneven and it also lacks extension. But the bass area on my pair is very even (tested multiple times with sweeps and tones) though a tad lifted (3-4db is my guess, which is fine for an iem due to the missing db effect). I hadn't tested my previous pair (an MKII) but i don't remember any low end unevenness either. Still, the reason i love the GR07 bass is because it's fast and detailed. If i have to chose between bass clarity or quantity i will always pick clarity, so the Rocket is an iem i will definitely get in the future. If it has better mids than the GR07, well, good for me 
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #1,323 of 3,454
I feel like I need to turn in my audiophile cred card for having never bought, owned or listened to GR07 MKII or GR07BE. Either way the Rockets are serving me well right now. 

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,324 of 3,454
I feel like I need to turn in my audiophile cred card for having never bought, owned or listened to GR07 MKII or GR07BE. Either way the Rockets are serving me well right now. 

Sigh... Gonna need your badge and DAP kyuuketsuki. Leave em on the desk.

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,325 of 3,454

I agree about the treble, even if you get rid of the resonance with the proper fit, it's still uneven and it also lacks extension. But the bass area on my pair is very even (tested multiple times with sweeps and tones) though a tad lifted (3-4db is my guess, which is fine for an iem due to the missing db effect). I hadn't tested my previous pair (an MKII) but i don't remember any low end unevenness either. Still, the reason i love the GR07 bass is because it's fast and detailed. If i have to chose between bass clarity or quantity i will always pick clarity, so the Rocket is an iem i will definitely get in the future. If it has better mids than the GR07, well, good for me 
biggrin.gif

I don't mean uneven like dips and peaks. i mean uneven as in the bass didn't sound like it was in line with the rest of the spectrum in terms of level. Sort of like a bassier tenore, how it might only have been the bass boosted in a linear fashion, but the non-bassy sounded more "in line" with the overall spectrum. But with the gr07 it was more "like a portion of the bass" as I said, because the bass wasn't boosted in such a wide curve like the tenore, where it made the whole thing warm. It was almost more bass and low bass and less mid bass affected. I din't find it at all bad though, just not perfect. :p

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #1,326 of 3,454
I need a solution to the ear tips dislodging from the Rockets when I remove them from my ear. It's starting to annoy me. I've tried moving the tabs down a few notches but the problem still persists. I can replace the tips, but I really dig them.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,327 of 3,454
I need a solution to the ear tips dislodging from the Rockets when I remove them from my ear. It's starting to annoy me. I've tried moving the tabs down a few notches but the problem still persists. I can replace the tips, but I really dig them.

Cut a piece of the stem off of another tip (one you don't use), and put it on the barrel of the Rockets, then put your desired Rockets tip over that piece.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #1,329 of 3,454
Cut a piece of the stem off of another tip (one you don't use), and put it on the barrel of the Rockets, then put your desired Rockets tip over that piece.

They'll eventually adapt. It's just that kind of material. Maybe the friction would hold them...

Not that this helps but I did say this would happen to people, I don't know how many pages ago. :p

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #1,330 of 3,454

Like vwinter said: they'll adapt. I'm starting to wish each tip came with a form that'll help the tips keep its shape. My small tips are now in the shape of the M+ tips instead of the original round shape and I have no way to change it back.

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,331 of 3,454
  I'm still looking for er4s, red filter, mid to treble, with a perfect low end to low mids...

This. I think the Rockets have the low end that the ER4S lacks (in quantity and in longevity/whatever-is-the-opposite-of-decay), but I think the ER4S still outpaces the Rockets in the treble a bit. In fact, if you had the ER4S treble and midrange clarity with the Rocket bass and midrange presence, you'd have damn near the perfect IEM in my book. They're still admirably close, especially at the price.

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #1,334 of 3,454
Hmm...whats the TLDR of this earphone? Can't bother to pick up 6-7 pages ago lol.
Also, if it's too much to ask, around which backer # are they around to shipping?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-appreciation-thread/1200#post_10811987

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-appreciation-thread/1275#post_10831775

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-appreciation-thread/1305#post_10835094

I'm gonna have to create a thread to collect the tour review posts so they don't get lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back