Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #2,536 of 3,454
  People definitely seem to hear a range of treble responses on the Rockets. Luisdent seems to be on the lower end of that range, hearing less treble, while I'm on the higher side of that range, hearing more treble. Most people seem to fall somewhere in between.

Donate some hair cells to Luis.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #2,540 of 3,454
I've got the same DAP - Rockets pairing question too.

Given the Rockets smallness, durability and dynamite mid range, I suspect a small, well built DAP with great battery life and with a little bit of bass-treble extension would pair perfectly. Not sure what that is. It seems that the nicer DAPs are all being made to drive big cans rather than to be more portable with longer battery life.

Edit: What about one of the Sony Walkmans?

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,541 of 3,454

Is it good?

What are you looking for the DAP to bring to the Rockets?

Sound stage and more details.. Might also enhance mids as well with great separation and layers..

I've got the same DAP - Rockets pairing question too.

Given the Rockets smallness, durability and dynamite mid range, I suspect a small, well built DAP with great battery life and with a little bit of bass-treble extension would pair perfectly. Not sure what that is. It seems that the nicer DAPs are all being made to drive big cans rather than to be more portable with longer battery life.

Edit: What about one of the Sony Walkmans?

Are you thinking of nwz a10 series?

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #2,543 of 3,454

People definitely seem to hear a range of treble responses on the Rockets. Luisdent seems to be on the lower end of that range, hearing less treble, while I'm on the higher side of that range, hearing more treble. Most people seem to fall somewhere in between.

Donate some hair cells to Luis.
wink.gif

It sure aint hearing loss. :p The odd thing is that gnarl and I hear the er4s essentially the same. So compared to the er4s my impression of the rockets treble is much much lower. His isn't as low. odd.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,547 of 3,454

Thanks, appreciate it. If I can find a pair for a decent price I'll probably bite. Doesn't seem to be many of them floating around out there for sale yet.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,548 of 3,454
If you want Aurisonic iems at discount, you need to purchase them from authorized dealers.  Here's a little secret, contact Springtree Media Group.  You may need to wait a week or two as there's a backlog with fulfillment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back