Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #2,506 of 3,454
before i return the rockets, is there anything i should try to get better treble response? because if i know you gnarl, i am NOT hearing the treble anywhere near where you are. i'm not saying the rockets are bad, but i don't find them very close to the er4s in transparency, treble level or details. relatively speaking. they are closer than most, but the pfe 112 has closer treble to the er4s as does the ostry kc06 to me. not as smooth perhaps, but more in line overall with the low end and more transparent sounding.

what depth do you wear them at? i assume senn biflanges?

Yeah I get no treble drop off where it counts. It's super linear for me past 11k or so.

From our comparisons I'd estimate you're hearing up to 6db less treble than I am at ~8k. I'm still relatively convinced that how I hear treble on the Rockets is more of an anomaly. Seems more common to get a little softness or roll off.

Try a shallower fit I'd say. Senn or Meelec biflanges most likely.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #2,509 of 3,454
That pops up today and my Rockets sold today :) Thanks CNET!!

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #2,512 of 3,454
I just find it odd. How much treble would you say the rockets have compared to the er4s above 5khz as a whole?

In other words, I hear everything above 5khz as at least a few db below the treble of the er4s and it gets steeper the higher it goes. By 10khz it is probably more than 5db lower than the er4s. So the entire treble spectrum sounds low and a bit less even then the er4s as well.

Again, this isn't too bad compared to most iems, but i could list a bunch that I find more close to the er4s even than the rockets. So I'm curious if there is some acoustic difference in our ears, or some other tip or fit or device difference I could play with... Because I gotta tell you, i love the earphone in every other way. So much.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #2,515 of 3,454

I have also been keeping an eye out for another pair.

Where are you going to buy the pads?  I've looked around, but I can't find them anywhere.   Sony does not sell them anymore - I think they still sell the MA900, which also fit the F1.     Audiocubes lists F1 pads for sale, but I think it might just be an old page they forgot to take down (I sent them various emails and they never responded).    If you do buy new pads, please let me know where you were able to find them (and you'll be even better in my book
biggrin.gif
).

OT follow-up, I've ordered these F1 pads from Audio Cubes II and - after what seemed like an eternity - got a shipping notice. So it seems they're still available.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #2,517 of 3,454
Jan 24, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,519 of 3,454

They're already here. No idea whether they're original or not, but they look ok.

Cool.  I'll place an order for a pair.

Thanks again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back