Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #2,525 of 3,454
Lol , he doesn't even know what they are
frown.gif
...he just saw my bag of iems and stole all the ones that are expensive :'(.

So luck of the draw then? 

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,528 of 3,454
How do these compare to the GR07?

Some may disagree, but I'd say they are equivalent in overall sound quality. Both seem pretty durable too.

The gr07 is a bit more peaky in the treble and has a more substantial bass, but still takes on a neutralish sort of tone. The rockets have more of a smooth sound with no peaks at all to my ears, but they lack the more open treble of the gr07 and lower bass reach. So they end up being smoother, but more soft and mid range oriented. The gr07 has more "life" to the sound, but at the cost of being sibilant at times and more fatiguing in comparison. But both are nice in my opinion and it would depend on the person's taste.

I haven't seen any graphs on the rockets distortion, but it sounds pretty good to me. However, I remember the gr07 having practically no distortion. The rockets are smaller and easier to fit well for me, but the gr07 has a bit of adjustability to them and come with more tips stock. However the rockets fit a large variety of aftermarket tips...

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,529 of 3,454

Some may disagree, but I'd say they are equivalent in overall sound quality. Both seem pretty durable too.

The gr07 is a bit more peaky in the treble and has a more substantial bass, but still takes on a neutralish sort of tone. The rockets have more of a smooth sound with no peaks at all to my ears, but they lack the more open treble of the gr07 and lower bass reach. So they end up being smoother, but more soft and mid range oriented. The gr07 has more "life" to the sound, but at the cost of being sibilant at times and more fatiguing in comparison. But both are nice in my opinion and it would depend on the person's taste.

I haven't seen any graphs on the rockets distortion, but it sounds pretty good to me. However, I remember the gr07 having practically no distortion. The rockets are smaller and easier to fit well for me, but the gr07 has a bit of adjustability to them and come with more tips stock. However the rockets fit a large variety of aftermarket tips...

Thanks. The Rockets have my interest because of the kind of work I'm gonna be doing, so their isolation and durability(especially the latter) will come in very handy; it will give me peace of mind to know I don't have to worry too much about them getting snagged here and there. I also feel like I'd like the sig, even if I'll probably end up preferring a little more treble. Hmmmm what to do what to do.

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,531 of 3,454
How are the Comply Foam Isolation eartips with these? Is there a noticeable improvement, loss, or change?

Also, a quick tip discovery.

The Comply T-500 is awesome with the Rockets. What I do is cut down the excess foam that extends past the nozzle, reducing the chance of high freq loss. 

I find that it evens out the FR a bit, and resolves my fit issues that I have with IEMs that are completely sealed. I'm now wearing the Rockets comfortably, without risk of them popping out from pressure.

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #2,533 of 3,454
Thanks. The Rockets have my interest because of the kind of work I'm gonna be doing, so their isolation and durability(especially the latter) will come in very handy; it will give me peace of mind to know I don't have to worry too much about them getting snagged here and there. I also feel like I'd like the sig, even if I'll probably end up preferring a little more treble. Hmmmm what to do what to do.

People definitely seem to hear a range of treble responses on the Rockets. Luisdent seems to be on the lower end of that range, hearing less treble, while I'm on the higher side of that range, hearing more treble. Most people seem to fall somewhere in between.

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #2,535 of 3,454
I see. Is there a way to do this easily? I couldn't cut paper straight if my life depended on it. And wouldn't cutting decrease the comfort?

Yeah, its super simple. Just cut off the excess foam at the end of the nozzle, and try not to cut the inside core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back