Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #167 of 3,454
250$ retail seems a bit much for them. I think when all is said and done the street price will be lower. Too much good competition from 150-250. In any case, got in at 129 to see what all the fuss is about. Also have an asg2 coming in a couple weeks.

No one has really heard them to even be able to make the statement that they are over/under priced.  "Street price" typically doesn't drop until a few years after the product officially launches (goes through full production).  I don't see it dropping anytime soon.  Aurisonics tends to keep a keen eye on pricing.  

Could be. I tend to take msrp with a grain of salt. Either way, at 99 or 129, I believe in Aurisonics that they will be a steal for those that like it's signature. Of course that is my personal opinion.

I always take MSRP with a grain of salt.  If it can compare to things higher, let it.  If it's absurdly overpriced, that happens too.  With Aurisonics' track record though, I don't think Dale's the type of guy to overreach.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #168 of 3,454
I couldnt splurg ln these myself but i was sure to make a friend do it!! Probably gunna steal it from him for a week or two and maybe do a lil review
wink.gif

LOL...  "I don't wanna' do it!  You do it!".  Then if you like them, you can buy them later (and splurge a lot more)...  XD

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #169 of 3,454
SGS likes em more than the G-2 and the IE800, and it seems to avoid a few pitfalls those two are subject to (peaky highs, overly boosted bass). I think it'll compete handily at the $250 bracket

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #172 of 3,454
Mitigated sibilance compared to the G-2 I take it. Nice. Lookin forward to hearing the treble response. I'm curious about the sound staging of the Rockets; did it feel monitor like? Is it appropriately spacious? Good dimensionality?

I'm really hyped about the build quality and apparent comfort of Rockets; there aren't enough phones out there that deliver one of the aforementioned qualities, let alone both.

I usually judge staging, spaciousness and dimensionality against a couple of other phones and I didn't have anything to compare them with.

I did think they sounded appropriately spacious on the v200, which isn't known for having an exceptionally wide soundstage but they sounded pretty awesome on it.

Not much help there I know. I usually need to spend a lot more time before giving anything definitive.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #173 of 3,454
Im on that boat :)

"New Official Aurisonics Thread of More Immediate and Engaging Info - Electric Boogaloo"

I usually judge staging, spaciousness and dimensionality against a couple of other phones and I didn't have anything to compare them with.

I did think they sounded appropriately spacious on the v200, which isn't known for having an exceptionally wide soundstage but they sounded pretty awesome on it.

Not much help there I know. I usually need to spend a lot more time before giving anything definitive.

No worries, I realize that tryin to provide impressions from memory is generally unreliable. I was just hoping for a general, "yeah, they sounded fine" and it seems like I got that.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #174 of 3,454
I would think that items lowering the street price has more to demand than # of production runs but since I have no experience manufacturing, I could be wrong.
If these come out and all the Kickstarter buyers say it's competition is the in the 150-175 range, you think they would still wait two years before adjusting price?

Another thing that might go against them is that people seem to think that more drivers = better and if they can get a 4 driver 4r used or a well regarded hybrid for cheaper, might be a tough sale at msrp.

I hope these are awesome though.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #175 of 3,454
I think it's all about sound, build quality and ease of use.

An earphone that's got those down will compete against anybody.

Aurisonics' kickstarter video makes it clear they put a lot of thought into each of these key areas. We'll see how they are when they are shipped, but I'm looking forward as all the signs are positive so far.

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #176 of 3,454
If these come out and all the Kickstarter buyers say it's competition is the in the 150-175 range, you think they would still wait two years before adjusting price?

All 5 or 6 tops? Yea.
There are a lot of variables in that equation. And you need to define competition better. Competition in what facet?

Another thing that might go against them is that people seem to think that more drivers = better and if they can get a 4 driver 4r used or a well regarded hybrid for cheaper, might be a tough sale at msrp.

Weird people here, not consumers. Go tell average joe I just want a good sounding well built earphone about a quad BA 3 way IEM and watch their face. Then mention that it's an over ear only design. Then watch the back of their head get smaller and smaller.

I think it's all about sound, build quality and ease of use.

An earphone that's got those down will compete against anybody.

Aurisonics' kickstarter video makes it clear they put a lot of thought into each of these key areas. We'll see how they are when they are shipped, but I'm looking forward as all the signs are positive so far.

And appropriately targeted.

The video was very well produced.

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #177 of 3,454
Weird people here, not consumers. Go tell average joe I just want a good sounding well built earphone about a quad BA 3 way IEM and watch their face. Then mention that it's an over ear only design. Then watch the back of their head get smaller and smaller.
And appropriately targeted.

The video was very well produced.

Consumers? The same one that buy up beats for the flash and name over sound? We are the target. We are the ones that throw down a grand on some IEMs, hundreds on a 60 year old light bulb, or 400 on a cable that supposedly has gold and silver in it.
I did not watch the video but will do so when I get home. I have no doubt they are well thought out, we'll constructed IEMs and the Kickstarter should sell out for its reduced price, I'm talking about at full price, might be tougher, especially to the average consumer.
I am not attacking the IEM or the company, I'm just giving me opinion and thoughts. I wish Dale the best and I will be the proud owner of two of his products.

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #180 of 3,454
Consumers? The same one that buy up beats for the flash and name over sound? We are the target. We are the ones that throw down a grand on some IEMs, hundreds on a 60 year old light bulb, or 400 on a cable that supposedly has gold and silver in it.
I did not watch the video but will do so when I get home. I have no doubt they are well thought out, we'll constructed IEMs and the Kickstarter should sell out for its reduced price, I'm talking about at full price, might be tougher, especially to the average consumer.
I am not attacking the IEM or the company, I'm just giving me opinion and thoughts. I wish Dale the best and I will be the proud owner of two of his products.

Or you know, maybe some other consumers, the ones that don't buy beats and don't exactly hang out on head-fi. There is an in between...

I just disagree with your assumptions is all.

Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back