Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #151 of 3,454

Do Merlins come as universals now? Ive heard that if you contact them sometimes they'll let it happen. I have no clue tho.

Also, you CAN give your aurisonics a lil customization if you contact them. My ASG-2 is a little different from the usual two solor schemes. Stealth still looks amazing anyways 

i think all their customs can be made into universals but I'm not too sure. UM did come out with some dual and triple driver hybrid recently however. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #152 of 3,454

Do Merlins come as universals now? Ive heard that if you contact them sometimes they'll let it happen. I have no clue tho.

Also, you CAN give your aurisonics a lil customization if you contact them. My ASG-2 is a little different from the usual two solor schemes. Stealth still looks amazing anyways 

i think all their customs can be made into universals but I'm not too sure. UM did come out with some dual and triple driver hybrid recently however. 

yea... ive seen a few universal miracle and merlins pop up on the for sale thread every now and then

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #154 of 3,454
I got in for $129 earlybird. Do they ask shipping address just before item ships or did I miss something?

If the product reaches its goal, they'll email you asking for a shipping address on the 2nd I think (or possibly at the time it reaches its goal).  

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #155 of 3,454
If the product reaches its goal, they'll email you asking for a shipping address on the 2nd I think (or possibly at the time it reaches its goal).  

I'm eagerly watching that goal.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #159 of 3,454
250$ retail seems a bit much for them. I think when all is said and done the street price will be lower. Too much good competition from 150-250. In any case, got in at 129 to see what all the fuss is about. Also have an asg2 coming in a couple weeks.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #160 of 3,454
It's too early to tell if it's worth a certain amount. It could very well compete with a higher price bracket than 250 for all we know.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #162 of 3,454
Could be. I tend to take msrp with a grain of salt. Either way, at 99 or 129, I believe in Aurisonics that they will be a steal for those that like it's signature. Of course that is my personal opinion.

On a company that does the bulk of their sales direct, MSRP is usually the same as street price.  I'd be really surprised if they really ended up $100 below the target anytime soon.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #163 of 3,454
I didn't have any of those iems with me when I heard the rockets and my audition wasn't all that long- maybe 15, 20 minutes, so I can't really give any comparisons until I get my pair and spend more time with it.

I remember thinking it sounded smoother and less peaky up top, compared to my memory of the asg-2. It also had more even keeled bass than the asg-2- less mid bass quantity and again smoother overall. The midrange was the best part and the main focus ime. Vocals and guitars sounded upfront with good intimacy and engagement.

The tunning with the tighter, less present bass reminded me a little of the re262 overall tuning, if you flattened the 262's upper mid peak around 2k and added overall bass quantity. My best description with that limited audition was a midcentric and smooth but detailed sound.

Mitigated sibilance compared to the G-2 I take it. Nice. Lookin forward to hearing the treble response. I'm curious about the sound staging of the Rockets; did it feel monitor like? Is it appropriately spacious? Good dimensionality?

I'm really hyped about the build quality and apparent comfort of Rockets; there aren't enough phones out there that deliver one of the aforementioned qualities, let alone both.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #164 of 3,454
Been an amazing day so far. Thank you for getting in early. We have some update videos that will come out as the month goes along that show just how strong the Titanium shells and the cables are. We will be at the Austin meet on the 18th with ROCKETS and will give updates of what people are saying about the sound signature and comparisons to other IEMs. Again thank you to everyone for your support!

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #165 of 3,454
I couldnt splurg ln these myself but i was sure to make a friend do it!! Probably gunna steal it from him for a week or two and maybe do a lil review :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back