Aune M1P
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #406 of 452
So after a rocky start, my new love and I decided to spend some quality time together to try and understand each other better. I listened to her, apologised for not immediately understanding her ways, told her it was all my fault.

Then a magic thing happened...she let me in. All of a sudden, songs appeared. She let me play with her a bit. Then more songs came, followed by an extended listening experience.

Then, and this is when I knew we were going steady, she let me bring her back to a time when she used to make other people happy before me (firmware 1.07). Mind you, it still took me 2 attempts.

Bliss!
Haha nicely put..!! You play words well :sweat_smile:

How are you finding her as of now?

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #407 of 452
Haha nicely put..!! You play words well :sweat_smile:

How are you finding her as of now?
To be honest, I haven't had much chance to actually listen to music as was away with my young family Thurs/Fri, but I messed about with her a good bit whilst driving around and ran through menus and that, and my biggest gripe is the length of time it takes to actually register the SD card after powering on. It hasn't ever just worked quickly, and end up having to hold the power button for what feels like about 1 minute to get her to see the songs. I'll have some time to reacquaint today, and will report back. For the record I'm on FW 1.07 available on the Aune website. 👍🏼

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #408 of 452
I am thrilled to be a member of the club!

The device is simple and portable, with a clear and dynamic sound signature. Pure love.

For new users who struggling with SD card reading and incorrect track order, I have some tips that I developed from my years of experience with non-android daps like Quloos and Hifiman. Here are a few:

1. Try using Kingston SD cards. Surprisingly, they work best with these kinds of daps, and in many cases, this only resolves all the problems. Choose fastest card possible (U3) and stick with 256gb capacity tops.

2. Prepare your SD card correctly. This is a two-step process:
a) Format your card using Panasonic's SD card formatter, choosing a full format. This step takes a while.
b) After formatting use DiskGenius to convert your card to FAT32.

This two simple tips helps resolve almost any card problems! This also helps with reading time (8 secs for full 256gb card in my case).

Best luck!

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #409 of 452

The device is simple and portable, with a clear and dynamic sound signature. Pure love.

For new users who struggling with SD card reading and incorrect track order, I have some tips that I developed from my years of experience with non-android daps like Quloos and Hifiman. Here are a few:

1. Try using Kingston SD cards. Surprisingly, they work best with these kinds of daps, and in many cases, this only resolves all the problems. Choose fastest card possible (U3) and stick with 256gb capacity tops.

a) Format your card using Panasonic's SD card formatter, choosing a full format. This step takes a while.

This two simple tips helps resolve almost any card problems! This also helps with reading time (8 secs for full 256gb card in my case).

Best luck!
Legendary advice. Thank you.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #410 of 452

Best luck!
I use a super fast Kingston 256gb card formatted to exFAT and it works perfectly.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #411 of 452
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #412 of 452
im not totally sure on this, maybe @AuneAudio can confirm, but i think filename length only applies to the filename, not the folders.

some of my longer filenames i had to shorten so be mindful, they just dont display if too long
@Arjan Delaney Hi, folder name length limit is the same as the file name: 90 characters.

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #413 of 452
@Arjan Delaney Hi, folder name length limit is the same as the file name: 90 characters.
Do you have a demo unit that I can test for a week or so? :)
I really want a simple DAP without Android with the same amazing sound as Yuki.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #415 of 452
To me it happened because of some .cue files in it. Once removed then i have never experienced any problem again
Interesting. Nice find. Let me check

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #417 of 452
Can the M1P be used safely while charging?

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #418 of 452
How are the Aune m1p owners who use the case getting on using the 4.4mm jack input? For me it is unusable due to the fact that the cut out of the case is right up against the 4.4mm jack metal plug so where the body of the jack sticks out it sits on the case stopping it from fully engaging.
All I get from the UK Distributor when I mention this issue is he has no issues with his Aune m1p dap which is not a great response regarding customer service. Aune Mp1 case.JPG

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #419 of 452
How are the Aune m1p owners who use the case getting on using the 4.4mm jack input? For me it is unusable due to the fact that the cut out of the case is right up against the 4.4mm jack metal plug so where the body of the jack sticks out it sits on the case stopping it from fully engaging.
All I get from the UK Distributor when I mention this issue is he has no issues with his Aune m1p dap which is not a great response regarding customer service.Aune Mp1 case.JPG
You have to cut it yourself. They're all like this apparently.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #420 of 452
You have to cut it yourself. They're all like this apparently.
Has it been reported on here I am interested to see who else has this issue as the UK distributor is confident there are no issues with the Dap case. He told me he has sold plenty without any complaints?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back