AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 25, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #3,873 of 10,196
  First pictures of the new NightHawk Carbon with the NightOwl.

Thanks for posting the pictures.  They look like I thought they would based on things I had heard and seen.  The cable looks nothing like I thought it would.  Quite rubbery looking. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #3,876 of 10,196

Yes, I think that I will wait for the Carbon.

I can certainly see why some would wait.  They are stunning. I had planned to wait when I heard the rumors but then decided that I preferred the warmer look of the original for myself plus a found a really good deal when I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. It is probably a "girl thing" but I always look in the mirror when I put on a new pair of headphones.  lol

In the end though it is the comfort and sound that counts the most.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #3,879 of 10,196
I guess that pads will retro fit existing models. I'll definitely be picking them up. I'm quite happy with the desktop balanced cable that I have which I find is an excellent performer. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #3,881 of 10,196
Prefer the wood look, personally, although I'd be happy to get the new pads and cable. Hoping AQ rewards people who purchased before these were available with free pads on request like Meze does with 99 Classics!

Free pads. 
eek.gif
  Uhm...I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #3,882 of 10,196
  First pictures of the new NightHawk Carbon with the NightOwl.

That amp ... is that a Lehmann Linear? It looks like you have separate L/R channels plugged in and I wasn't aware that the Lehmann supported that. Apologies if I have that wrong.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #3,884 of 10,196

That amp ... is that a Lehmann Linear? It looks like you have separate L/R channels plugged in and I wasn't aware that the Lehmann supported that. Apologies if I have that wrong.

Looks like it is running both HP's. Which would be handy for comparing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back