Audiobyte Hydra Stack: Hydra.Vox + Hydra.Hub + Hydra Zap
Dec 7, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #811 of 916
I am using a Singxer SU-6 as DDC, Thru it, have used SPDIF, AES, I2s via HDMI and haven't had those experience. What FW are you in?

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #812 of 916
I am using a Singxer SU-6 as DDC, Thru it, have used SPDIF, AES, I2s via HDMI and haven't had those experience. What FW are you in?
IMG_1210.jpeg

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #814 of 916
You have FW more updated than mine.

Have BULLET FPGA: 1.53 Control: 2.76 and Display: 1.19

Need to ask support: contact@audiobyte.net

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #816 of 916
Yes. With that FW of mine, thru Singxer SU-6 (I2S/HDMI, SPDIF, AES) or with the HUB (HDMI)

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #818 of 916
Nicolae responded...

Hello Michael,

latest VOX firmware versions are related to different hardware (fpga type). During pandemic regular model was not available and we were forced to use alternatives.
The drops he has, most likely there is a EMI/RFI interference around his setup. VOX is quite sensitive on spdif input.
Should not be related to firmware.
A shorter or better spdif cable will help. Same on I2S. To be sure, USB should be checked - my guess: no drops there.

Best Regards,

Nicolae

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #819 of 916
Nicolae responded...

Hello Michael,

latest VOX firmware versions are related to different hardware (fpga type). During pandemic regular model was not available and we were forced to use alternatives.
The drops he has, most likely there is a EMI/RFI interference around his setup. VOX is quite sensitive on spdif input.
Should not be related to firmware.
A shorter or better spdif cable will help. Same on I2S. To be sure, USB should be checked - my guess: no drops there.

Best Regards,

Nicolae
Hi Michael,

Correct, just received a prompt response from Audiobyte and have been busy re-arranging my setup to reduce EMI interferences. Maximized the space between equipment and minimum crossings between cables with space in-between when crossings are unavoidable. No cables running parallel to each other. Only 3 components connected to this power line...Sugden A21 amplifier, audio byte VOX and Magna Mano Ultra mk3 streamer.

I am a believer in cables and have invested too much money...my power cables are nordost Heimdall 2, my Spdif coaxial is Nordost valhala (1.5m) and the HDMI is an audioquest Carbon (0.6m). For now I took the CD player out of the system to reduce clutter and will focus on the HDMI connection for a month or so to understand if I experience any drop.
Will report my findings.

Appreciate your help.
Regards

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #820 of 916
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas and New Year.
I wanted to give myself a Christmas present and as I haven't bought the Hub for my Vox and Zap I would like to know if it is a good idea to consider the new Super Hub.
Has anyone heard and above all would it be a good choice to stay in the Audiobyte house?
Thanks for a kind reply.

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #821 of 916
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas and New Year.
I wanted to give myself a Christmas present and as I haven't bought the Hub for my Vox and Zap I would like to know if it is a good idea to consider the new Super Hub.
Has anyone heard and above all would it be a good choice to stay in the Audiobyte house?
Thanks for a kind reply.
i would look at the Rockna wavelight server

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #823 of 916
Been on a bit of a hiatus. What amp are people running to supplement the Audiobyte stack? Current phones I’m looking to drive are the LCD-4 and Abyss Diana V2. Looking to stay under 1k as I’ve been listening to my 2ch system more lately. Thanks!

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #824 of 916
Hello everyone!
It's been a long time since my last post. I would like to give an update on my problem with the I2S connection between my Rpi streamer and Vox. After exchanging several emails with Nicolae I was offered to send the VOX back to Audiobyte to be tested as well as the HUB to be updated since my country is not that far from Romania and we are all in the EU. The journey of my components was long and tiring and caused me a lot of stress because the Croatian Post was very slow in delivering the package and this got additionally complicated by the jam of packages around Christmas. But after a really long wait the components finally arrived at the factory. In the end it turned out that the mini dip switch was faulty and it was replaced with a new one. My HUB was also updated so smartphone app connection is finally working. I2S connection between Rpi - VOX works great and all my problems are solved...and the sound is excellent. These last days I just enjoy music. I must mention that I am at the end very satisfied with the work done and Nicolae's taking care about everything. The repair was done for free as well as sending the shipment back. I have regained my trust in the company as well as happiness in my system because everything is finally working as I wanted. At the beginning I didn't have much time but for the past 10 days I have been constantly listening to music and evaluating and comparing music from various sources. I have one more gathering with my HIFI friends this week where we will put the HUB against a modified computer with excellent USB cables. As things stand now I will most likely sell the HUB in the end and I will keep the my RPi based streamer as a source which was originally planned because they are very close in terms of sound. I want to thank once again the people who tried to help me with my problem which is now finally solved.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #825 of 916
Have you tried the upsampling / format converter function?

@kali77
I run mine with a Pathos Inpol Ear.

But if you are in EU, in the classifieds, there is an ICan Pro and a Custom Susy Dynalo Mini with in your budget.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back