Audio Technica ATH-W2002 vs. Sony MDR-R10: NOW IT CAN BE TOLD!
Feb 26, 2002 at 11:45 PM Post #61 of 78
IF I owned the 2 of the best headphones in the WORLD, I'd be sure to compare them and post it for you guys!! And if I did that I don't see how it could possibly be seen as a disservice. Especially when both headphones are incredibly rare and Markl is one of a handfull of people in the world who has actually owned both of them.

Feb 27, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #62 of 78
Well, if I owned even ONE of the two best headphones in the world, I'd go around all the time smiling like AiOtrons happy face!
smily_headphones1.gif
And I certainly wouldn't tell RickG to go **** himself. Indeed I am enraptured by my piddling new $150 SR125s---it is odd to see folks whose phone/amp collections exceed the cost of some cars being so bad tempered. Gee, guys mellow out and enjoy your nice headphones!
smily_headphones1.gif
As long as you like em, then what does it matter what others say or whether or not the "correct" review is posted in the "higher ranking" forum??
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #63 of 78
delenda -- always the voice of reason
biggrin.gif

Hey! You bought the SR125s instead of the HP890? Alright, get ready to be flamed
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #64 of 78
Sadly enough for my bank book Blighty the purchase of the 125s does not at all rule out buying the 890s!
biggrin.gif
It's this site, this terrible terrible site---
wink.gif
I won't even mention the JMT amp commissioned or the Total Airhead purchase lined up for next month...

Feb 28, 2002 at 12:27 AM Post #66 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by delenda est Sony
Sadly enough for my bank book Blighty the purchase of the 125s does not at all rule out buying the 890s!
biggrin.gif
It's this site, this terrible terrible site---
wink.gif
I won't even mention the JMT amp commissioned or the Total Airhead purchase lined up for next month...

Actually, for the price you paid you could have picked up a pair of new SR225s from ebay
smily_headphones1.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1334956139

I am not so sure about purchasing two mini-amps. It would probably be wiser to try one entry-level amp and then see if there is reason to upgrade to something mid-level or beyond.

Feb 28, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #67 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Blighty

Actually, for the price you paid you could have picked up a pair of new SR225s from ebay
smily_headphones1.gif

My god! Could you be the reincarnation of my ex-mother-in-law?! Myrtle, is that you?
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #68 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Spad
My god! Could you be the reincarnation of my ex-mother-in-law?! Myrtle, is that you?
eek.gif

ummm.....I think you've lost me there, spad
confused.gif

Well depending on where he purchased them from, he could possibly return them and step up to the 225s for a similar price.....or not.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #69 of 78
I generally don't like buying audio stuff from eBay. I had a hellish time getting Klipsch to honor a warranty on speakers bought brand spanking new from an eBay vendor (non-authorized of course) so I prefer to buy only from authorized vendors. Also, I found a really decent local merchant who let me listen to the phones with all kinds of music and that is such a rare and pleasant experience that I decided to pay em back with the sale!

I personally did not hear a huge difference between the 125s and 225s. I'm sure there is a difference, but to me not $50 worth. Subjective of course...As to the amps, the JMT will be my traveling amp and I was planning on using the Airhead as my home amp. I may get a Little instead, but much of my at home headphone listening is far away from my main system so a small unit is more useful.

This is way off topic so I shall cease and desist. When the 125s are fully broken in, I'll put some kind of post up, though not a review. (The world hardly needs another 125 review!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 28, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #70 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Blighty

ummm.....I think you've lost me there, spad
confused.gif

I do tend to do that, Blighty. I sorta live in a world of my own at times, but it's not problem--everybody knows me there.
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #71 of 78
I didn't get to this thread until now.

Seems every once in a while the lads have to blow off a little steam.

Bad vibes man, who needs 'em?

I'd like everyone to join hands and repeat after me:

It's only headphones.

It's only headphones.

It's only headphones.

Mar 2, 2002 at 10:34 AM Post #75 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael
I agree. Thats why I wonder how Jude chooses what headphones go into the Featured Review section. Right now I dont want to guess, but I KNOW its not based on widespread availability, or price. I'm thinking I want to see an audio-technica model represented there, and if not, then why not?

Quote:

As most people know, I am the one that established the connection to have these sent over by an audio-technica employee. Based on my first comments, and assorted rants, other people joined in, and to my happiness also (mostly) appreciated them. Despite it being ME that started all this, I didnt take it personally that Jude didnt include any A/T headphones on the permanent list. Maybe he just didnt think my review style qualified for that position. Whatever. But time has past, and other owners are in a position to write a better review. I still think the W2002 should be represented, but I naturally discounted my own review since, if Jude had thought it good enough, he would have already posted it.

Quote:

And by 'happy W2002 owners' I do NOT mean a sugar coated 100% glowing review. I think I told you guys already that I could never write a review like Tomcat. Thats not my style at all. I'm sure the other forum-verbal W2002 owners might be deserving of a chance to get serious and write a full length review. One that maybe Jude would consider posting.

And my favorite:
Quote:

I've already moved beyond being snubbed by Jude, (no matter how much I try to contribute here..) but at least let the W2002 be reviewed by someone who owns them, likes them, and is happy with keeping them. I think Spad, KurtW, or Kelly would be a way better choice.

M Rael,

I've been busy with work -- it's not unusual at all for me to work 100+ hours per week. And lately I've been even more busy with work than usual. I don't know if you've noticed -- I'm guessing you haven't -- but in the last month or so, I haven't been posting nearly as much as I usually do. And because I've been unusually busy, I haven't been able to read every thread and post.

You've read too much into this full reviews thing. First of all, I don't know if all the moderators know this yet (I know at least some do), but any of the moderators can copy posts to the full reviews section. If some of the moderators didn't know this, it's only because I forgot to tell them that specifically.

I don't have any fixed standard for what I put up there. If I read something and I think it should go up there, I copy it up there if it crosses my mind, and if I have the time. Unfortunately, I do not get to read every review and post. I try, but when I'm busy I can't. And if I do read a review while I take a short break during my work day, I may simply not have the time to copy it up there, and may forget about it later. So if I read a review that I like a lot, and if I even post in that thread, but I don't put it up in the full reviews area, it's just because (A) it slipped my mind, (B) I'm too busy at the time, or (C) I'm feeling lazy because of I'd had too much of reason (B).

There are a boatload of reviews at Head-Fi in threads that should probably be up there. But this ain't a perfect world, man, so some of them may not get copied up there without someone specifically asking for it to be copied there.

So you've moved beyond me snubbing you? What the heck are you even talking about, man? I mean, c'mon, how the heck did I ever snub you? You wanna know something? I have no idea what you're talking about with that statement.

So anyway, it's 5:33 a.m., I haven't slept yet, and I still have more work to do. The chances that I'll scan the forums for reviews to move to the full reviews sections today? Highly unlikely. I've had a lot of days like this lately. Again, M Rael, you're reading way too much into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back