Audio Technica ATH-W2002 vs. Sony MDR-R10: NOW IT CAN BE TOLD!
Feb 26, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #46 of 78
Well all I know is I want to see as many reviews of a particular model phone as possible. I like Markl's review and find it interesting, useful and well done, even though right now I have no desire to buy either phone. I really do not see how there is anything wrong with comparing the w2002 to the R10. Hell I have seen people comparing the K35 and the RS1, so what is the big deal. I mean do we really want to become stereophile and only have glowing reviews that all end up recommending something as the best at its price point or whatever? After reading the review I actually have much more of a desire to try the W2002 than from all the previously unsolicited testimonials. What I really want to see now is a nice review comparing the W100 to some of the other top headphones. Anyone care to step up to the plate?

Oh and BTW thanks for the nice REVIEW Markl.

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #47 of 78
Spad sez:
Quote:

...for comparisons to work, at least one of the items being compared must be known to the reader...

That is absolutely not so. Why are a couple of W2002 owners getting offended by this review? It is a reflection of one listener's experiences with his own equipment. He sold his A-T, so of course he will be pro whatever-he-didn't-sell. I think many will be interested in the reasons why.

So you had the chutzpah to drop $800. for a pair headphones--great, enjoy. At the same time it's unrealistic to expect the world to cheerlead your efforts.

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:08 PM Post #48 of 78
Ok, I think I'll have to agree with MirandaX here.

All of you W2002 crusaders neet to get off of Markl's nuts.

Markl had a Sony R10. He needed some extra cash so he considered buying a cheaper set of headphones and selling off his Sony's. He decided on buying the W2002. In order to contribute to this Head-fi community, and to inform the people here about the Audio-Technica W2002 and Sony R10, he decided to review both.

Would you guys rather he compare the W2002 to headphones that he doesn't have???
confused.gif
He bought the Audio Technica W2002 and just so happened to have the Sony R10. Does it make him a ****ing criminal to compare both?

I personally found Markl's review to be extremely informative.

I also personally think that Spad and M Rael are really insecure of their Audio Technica W2002 purchases. M Rael never stops defending his AT W2002 headphones, and does not give anyone , anyone else the liberty to voice their opinions about their AT W2002's by attacking those who voice any negative opinions on the headphones. Such attacks have completely destroyed M Rael's credibility as a legitimate Head-fi reviewer and poster, to me at the least. M Rael compared the Stax and HP-1 headphones to the W2002, openly gave negative opinions about the Stax and HP-1 headphones, but managed to purchase the Stax and HP-1s at a later time. If the W2002's are so much better why did he purchase those other headphones? And finally, M Rael desperately wants a W2002 review in the permanent review section. Again, for what? Because he wants to feel better about his Audio Technica W2002's...

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:22 PM Post #49 of 78
statement:

markl's review was great. it was well thought-out and disclosed information in a way that many people might understand easily.

accusation:

m rael is a four year old, or has the maturity of one.

everyone on this board thinks they own it or something. none of you (save for jude) are the editors of this board, and this board is not a magazine. you are all acting like you are losing money because of markl's review, when he was just being honest. the world is full of bad reviews, and i really don't see how any of you can get upset about them when none of you are any of the following:

1) owner of this board
2) owner/representative of at
3) investors in either

so just calm down and take a xanex or something. let people review honestly, the way this board is supposed to be. and who cares if this review makes it to the full-review pages or not?

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:27 PM Post #50 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by MirandaX
Markl's comment was meant to be funny. He's using "effronted" as a pun on the word affronted. The quotation marks emphasize this.

Nonsense. If this were the case, he wouldn't have used quotation marks with the word "effrontery" as well. It's a common mistake and amusing only because he made it while describing another post as "dumb."

Does anyone really care?
redface.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:45 PM Post #52 of 78
It was a pun.

*yawn*

markl

P.S. Thanks to those who enjoyed my review.

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:49 PM Post #53 of 78
It seems clear that we have supporters of both parties attempting to bait both marks into replying and/or defending themselves again and dragging this thing out some more. I suggest that they just let this thread die off by refraining from posting as it is becoming a bit silly as it is. Grant those that are listening to them now, but have yet to post any impressions, the time to make an informed judgment or comparison. I would like to think that they are holding off their remarks because they require time to reinforce their final impressions.

Feb 26, 2002 at 5:33 PM Post #54 of 78
HA!

I just read this whole thread for the first time... You guys are ridiculess!!
eek.gif

Anyways, thanks for the review markl.
smily_headphones1.gif

(how can you be mad at a person for writing a review??? Even if you think it is not a good one??
confused.gif
)

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 5:39 PM Post #55 of 78
As an owner of an R10, the past-owner of a CD3000 and the new owner of a W2002 - all I can say is that the W2002 competes well with the CD3000 and some people would say betters it in many ways.

I think the CD3000 is in some ways better than the W2002.

To my ears, the W2002 really does not compete with the R10 regardless of what the two Marks say :wink:

And anyway, I'd like to see a permanent review of the R10 before I see one for the W2002!

Any takers? (I'm a bit busy at the moment :wink:

--Jatinder

Feb 26, 2002 at 5:55 PM Post #56 of 78
jatinder, there is a Featured full review of the R10 written by markl, and the start of this thread is a nice update of that review to include the W2002 in the comparison, so I think the R10 is well covered. You seem to be one of the few people in a position to make comments on markl's latest comparison, so until you get around to saying more I would expect this thread to die out.

Feb 26, 2002 at 6:06 PM Post #57 of 78
Hi jatinder,
My conclusion was the same as yours-- W2002 is more in the class of the CD3K, HD600, RS1, ER4S than it is the R10, even though I think the w2002 is better than that group. It does not compete with R10.

markl

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #58 of 78
I have to agree with Raymond Kim on this.

I enjoyed your review markl, thanks!

I also always enjoy your reviews KurtW and I'm hoping you do a good comparison with your many headphones and amps again soon.

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #59 of 78
Great review Markl. But all this talk about W2002 vs R-10 is getting.......
*Yawn*

I sure like to know how the R-10 compares to Big O instead. Any ideas, Jatinder? If I remember correctly, you actually heard the Big O before....

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #60 of 78
"My conclusion was the same as yours-- W2002 is more in the class of the CD3K, HD600, RS1, ER4S than it is the R10, even though I think the w2002 is better than that group. It does not compete with R10.

markl"

and if price has anything to do with it, it makes me happy to hear that. this pretty much suggests that you are getting what you pay for with these cans. great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back