Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Feb 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #991 of 1,585
so, godlike for a universal eh?  i don't think you can really compare them to the 1964-t, especially since i remember reading that 1964 tunes theirs to be warmer and more relaxed.  

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #992 of 1,585
I just need to wait until I get home with the CK10. I don't have proper tips on them and just have what they came with since my tips were at home and picked them up at the post office and didn't want to go back home.

The CK10 isn't as razor sharp as I remember it being but I'll just have to get used to them again. It's not like the 1964-T but not too far off a comparison since I'm not sure there would be many customs that is similar to the CK10.

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #993 of 1,585
My favorite tips with these became the M6 triple-flanges, but the SM3 double flanges give me more isolation and slightly better fit. These are definitely a different monster compared to the other stuff I have own now (MD/RE262s/SM3/EQ5/FX700). 

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #994 of 1,585
How are they compared to the meelec biflanges? I'm going to try a couple of tips until I find something I like. I remember liking the Monster triflange tips when I last had the CK10.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #995 of 1,585
Meelec biflanges work pretty well too except I had to use a small piece of sony hybrid tube to keep it intact, because otherwise it will always easily slide off and stay in my ears. They worked solidly well, but I prefer the two mentioned above and the PFE tips. 

Tried the Monster triflanges and preferred the Meelec ones of the same size. 

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #996 of 1,585
If you have a pair of the Monster single flange or the foam supertips I would suggest trying those too. I have found that the Monster single flange with the quite large opening to fit excellently and provide some really great sound. They opened up the sound quite a bit for me. The hybrid foam's were super comfortable as well and seemed to stay on the CK10's nozzles quite well. I found overall these two types to be, on a day to day basis, more comfortable than the tri flanges which I sometimes encountered fit issues with. 

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #997 of 1,585
So I gathered my tips and then decided I didn't want to bother with this again so just decided to put some spacers on the CK10 and the M9 balanced tips go on them. I'm good to go :) This isn't my first time owning the CK10 so I have a pretty good idea on how the tips affect sound since I did do something similar the first time.

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #998 of 1,585

Quote:
So I gathered my tips and then decided I didn't want to bother with this again so just decided to put some spacers on the CK10 and the M9 balanced tips go on them. I'm good to go :) This isn't my first time owning the CK10 so I have a pretty good idea on how the tips affect sound since I did do something similar the first time.

I sort of figured you already had some favorite tips picked out but I thought I would just throw the suggestion out there anyhow 
biggrin.gif

glad to know the CK10's are back in your hands, should be some fun listening sessions ahead for you

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #999 of 1,585
Seriously...I got more than a few listening sessions ahead of me :)

I got quite a bit of new things in the mail this week. I got the CK10, 1964-T, Meelec A151 and Fischer Audio Daleth. It should be a good weekend esp since I don't have to do silly things like go to work.

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #1,000 of 1,585
^ We are hoping to see some nice comparisons between those post your listening sessions.

Feb 5, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #1,001 of 1,585
Well you won't get much on the CK10. I might post a bit since shane55 wants to have an idea but I did write a review on them the last time I had them and I doubt my opinion on them will change considering it is the same earphone :p

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #1,002 of 1,585
ordered monster christmas trees today.  i'll let you know what i think of them when they get here.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #1,004 of 1,585
aww, wish you had spoke up 
frown.gif

got them today anyways, and i have a question.  how firm are the real christmas trees?  the ones i bought on ebay seem a little "flimsy," for lack of a better term.  the tube itself is solid, but the half spheres are rather thin, very much unlike the stock tips that come with the CK10s.  about to throw them on.  i'll let you know what i hear later.  my first impression is that these things look they'll rape my ears when i put them in...

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #1,005 of 1,585
If you mean the ebay ones they are not as stiff as the Monster ones. Those are more solid but sound wise I couldn't hear a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back