Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Feb 7, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #1,006 of 1,585
these things seem to tickle the sides of my brain...  anyways, about the sound.  it seems the "missing" space that IEMs tend to have right in front of the forehead is smaller with these.  I think the bass has also deepened increased a little and i can hear a bit more in terms of details.  nothing supremely groundbreaking, but overall turns it into a better IEM.  Isolation has definitely gone up.  i can't hear typing or anything around me anymore.  I might experiment and chop off the top or bottom lobe to see if there are any differences between them.  going to the library to study now.  these things now bring complete silence.  i think that's what i enjoy the most about them.  haha

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #1,007 of 1,585
hmm, i think the result of the IEM sounding better is due to the increased isolation.  it allows you to hear the bass better and more of the music that is lost due to outside noise leaking in.  the treble on these really shine for me now.  you can hear EVERYTHING.

also, i showed the christmas trees to my roommate, and he just started laughing.

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #1,008 of 1,585
wait until you invest a nice custom :)

Just curious but has anyone gotten custom tips for the CK10? It's not terribly expensive and it may give me a similar sound to the triple flanges while being more comfortable

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,009 of 1,585

Quote:
wait until you invest a nice custom :)

Just curious but has anyone gotten custom tips for the CK10? It's not terribly expensive and it may give me a similar sound to the triple flanges while being more comfortable

Don't know of anyone getting custom tips for them but I know some guy got his reshelled into an odd looking earplug like thing. They looked almost bullet shaped instead of the more traditional shape for customs. I remember he spoke very highly of the results, sorry don't have more specific's on it, might be worth looking at...

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #1,010 of 1,585
i remember that too.  that was really weird.  i think he kept the original cable or something.

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #1,011 of 1,585
I recall that but I'm not reshelling the CK10. It seems like a waste since the CK10 is already comfortable and fits great. For $100 or whatever the price is they seem tempting but only if I keep the CK10 ;p

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #1,012 of 1,585

Quote:
I recall that but I'm not reshelling the CK10. It seems like a waste since the CK10 is already comfortable and fits great. For $100 or whatever the price is they seem tempting but only if I keep the CK10 ;p

With you on this one rawrster, I would consider custom tips for my CK10's but never a shell, I honestly think a reshell would have a lower build quality and destroy the amazing form factor and fit of the CK10's within my ears. Plus, I couldn't stand thinking of my CK10's being torn apart and having their drivers ripped out 
eek.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #1,013 of 1,585
I'll find out sometime around the summer. I'm planning on keeping the CK10 until I do a comparison with another top universal. I need something to compare it to since the rest I have are not top universals and customs are not the same. If I want the custom tips I have to commit to keeping the CK10 since there aren't many earphones with this nozzle size unlike the UM56 which fits a lot more than just Westone.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #1,014 of 1,585

Quote:
I'll find out sometime around the summer. I'm planning on keeping the CK10 until I do a comparison with another top universal. I need something to compare it to since the rest I have are not top universals and customs are not the same. If I want the custom tips I have to commit to keeping the CK10 since there aren't many earphones with this nozzle size unlike the UM56 which fits a lot more than just Westone.

Good point about nozzle size, they would be pretty much useless for any other universals. Would be interesting too since the CK10's lack any sort of ridge or lip or anything really that would help the tips stay on and secure. I'm sure you could find someone to do the job it's just an interesting/unique case

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #1,015 of 1,585
Hmm...I'm very interested in this product. Anybody here from Singapore? I asked a lot of shops here for CK10 and they always say that this IEM is already phased-out/not in production.

Where can I purchase these IEMs here?

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #1,016 of 1,585
Maybe if I decide to sell mine which is something I've been thinking about lately lol

You can also get it imported from Japan which isn't too far away

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #1,017 of 1,585
You can buy it from AccessoryJack.com or from MusicaAcoustics.com (where I got mine from)

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #1,018 of 1,585

Quote:
Maybe if I decide to sell mine which is something I've been thinking about lately lol

You can also get it imported from Japan which isn't too far away

I thought you just got yours! 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #1,019 of 1,585
I did but if you read back a few pages it was on impulse and with the clear intention of selling them shortly after :p

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #1,020 of 1,585
Ah ok well that makes sense then 
biggrin.gif
 Purchasing made in true head-fi style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back