Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Jan 29, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #961 of 1,585
Yeah, that was the case with my box as well..there wasn't any seal of any kind. It was just that plastic tab holding the two halves of the plastic shell together, and it came undone very easily. I find it hard to beleive that AT would ship boxes to shops and distributors with just that tiny plastic tab holding the box without a seal of any kind, that lets people know if the box has been opened or not.

Quote:
i have my box next to me, and it didn't come shrink wrapped or anything, if i remember correctly.  just that plastic tab holding the two halves together at the top.  the inside was pretty flawless and i don't see any scratches.  but is just a box, so w/e.

What kind of a seal are we talking about here? Are you referring to the same plastic tab that germanturkey is referring to above, or was there a proper seal of some kind? My box was quite nicely packed inside bubble, foam, cardboard box and tape - so whatever damage there is to the box, it's definitely pre-packaging.
Quote:

As for the question about the box being a bit beaten up, mine looked to have a slightly worn look to it as well when I got it however it was for sure sealed and unopened. Mine had to travel quite far however from Japan to the USA so there might have been some wear in the transportation, either way the IEM's and case themselves were flawless.

I can take the worn look, but a broken seal is not really something I want when I'm paying so much money. The stuff inside is definitely new, but if the dealer tells me that the box is sealed before purchase, and it turns out not to be the case, I think I have a right to be disappointed. I mean I have no idea how many times the box was opened, and if these were used for auditioning of any kind.

Could some other owners please comment on this?

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #962 of 1,585
Mine had the plastic tab as well as some clear tape like stuff holding the sizes together if I remember correctly, I did get them about 5 months ago so take my memories with a grain of salt

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #963 of 1,585
i just spent the last 15 hours sound editing my new film on my MBP.  the entire time i was working, i was wearing my new CK10s with the shure triple flanges from my old pair of E4Cs.  what's amazing to me: my ears do not hurt.  with my E4Cs my ears were always sore, not the same with the CK10s.  i couldn't be happier with the sound, fit, finish and feel of the CK10s and i just wanted to thank all you guys for steering me in the right direction.  another convert.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #964 of 1,585
oh yeahh :)

My CK10 has been shipped and should arrive mid week since it was shipped via EMS. I'm thinking my customs and CK10 will arrive on the same day. A bunch of new gear to play with and I think I'll keep the CK10 for a while. It serves as a better reference of comparison if I decide to write any more reviews than my M2 or just based off memory.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #966 of 1,585
I always assumed they just weren't making it available in the US anymore when it says discontinued. I bought mine from Japan if the EMS part wasn't obvious.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #968 of 1,585
Feb 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #969 of 1,585

Quote:
any other new models in that 2011 catalog?

Quote:
Quote:
Damn, this makes me miss having the CK10. Are these still in production for Japan or is this remaining stock?

They're still being made here.  The 2011 Japanese AT catalog tells me so!

Yes (pulls out catalog)...

New AT headphones for 2011
ATH-ANC25 noise cancelling headphones
ATH-DWL5500 wireless headphone system
ATH-EC707, ATH-CM707, ATH-SJ55, ATH-SJ33, ATH-SJ11 earsuits
ATH-BB500 portables
ATH-RE70 open portables
ATH-FW33 girlie portables
ATH-PRO700MK2 monitors
ATH-PRO5MK2 monitors
ATH-CKM99, ATH-CKM77 in ear models

It's in Japanese but it might be of some use:

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/cgi-bin/search/products/search.cgi

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #970 of 1,585
Most of those were around in 2010 already. The BB500 is particularly awesome (ridiculous?) being a full-size street-style can.

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #971 of 1,585
They're probably basing them on fiscal years -most of 2011's models came out from October to December last year (kinda like how you can get a 2011 model car at the end of 2010).  This link should work better--- 

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/search/a.html

Click the first button under the list to select them all, then click the large button in the middle underneath that and you can see a full list of items (including past models) -sorry it's in Japanese though...

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #972 of 1,585
I wonder how my luck will be tomorrow. The CK10 have arrived at the customs area near my house so if nothing goes wrong it should arrive tomorrow. I'm also expecting my 1964-T customs tomorrow but it's also supposed to snow overnight so will see if I get them or not.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #973 of 1,585

Quote:
I wonder how my luck will be tomorrow. The CK10 have arrived at the customs area near my house so if nothing goes wrong it should arrive tomorrow. I'm also expecting my 1964-T customs tomorrow but it's also supposed to snow overnight so will see if I get them or not.

The tension is killing me! I occasionally bring out the CK10s and lay back a little, and let it take me away
cool.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #974 of 1,585
No tension for me :) I already know what it sounds like having owned them for a good while last year. I'd rather have my customs than the CK10 come in but I think it depends on if it traveled through the snow storm or not. I'm hoping yes since I was supposed to get it on Monday so hopefully tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back