Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Jan 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #946 of 1,585
You can take a look here:
http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-618/Audio-dsh-Technica-ATH-dsh-CK10-CK10-Dual/Detail.bok

or you can get in touch with Dimitri from Musica Acoustics. I just purchased mine from him, and he was great to deal with. He also comes highly recommended from other members of Head-Fi and has special discounts for them. He currently also has an open-box CK10 going for a good price.
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/Contact_Us_1.html

I don't think they were supposed to replace any model in the AT line. I believe these were their first dual armature phones and in terms of sound are in a world of their own. :wink:

Quote:
Is there any other place to get these besides this one store in Japan? Anyone knw what model is supposed to replace these in AT's product line?

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #948 of 1,585
I ended up biting the bullet and repurchased a CK10. I knew that if I was ever going to buy and I figured it would happen eventually seeing this CK10 thread. It wasn't cheap however but I had the funds.

I was going to get a desktop dac/amp but I was going to get that in April once tax season is over and I would actually be home to use it and I had the funds for it but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to reacquire the funds.

Next week may be a very good week esp if my customs arrive as well.

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #950 of 1,585
tbh I'm not sure how long I'll keep it. I really just wanted to hear it again and see if it still suits me.

I had the funds in my paypal so I bought it on impulse. I learned my lesson and put the rest of the funds into my bank account.

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #951 of 1,585

Quote:
tbh I'm not sure how long I'll keep it. I really just wanted to hear it again and see if it still suits me.

I had the funds in my paypal so I bought it on impulse. I learned my lesson and put the rest of the funds into my bank account.

we'll welcome you back with open arms.  don't worry...  
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #952 of 1,585
I'm not sure since it wasn't as cheap as when I first got it.

The funds are better used somewhere else but I'll find out. 2 customs and the CK10 may mean something gets neglected which is something I don't like to do. Although I've thought about selling my Livewires if I end up liking the other set of customs.

i wanted to use the funds for either a desktop dac/amp although that is put on hold. I was also tempted to get the Moon Audio iem cable for comfort reasons but the CK10 is my favorite universal and it will once again be mine. If I didn't like the M2 so much and use it for videos it would be going up for sale if I decided to keep it.

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #954 of 1,585
Finally!! received my CK10s an hour back. Here are some pictures (excuse the background, I haven't changed my sheets in a few days):

Thank You Japan Post Service, I got these in the promised time of 3 days:

Nicely packed in bubble wrap and surrounded by foam in quite a sturdy box. Good protective measures from Musica Acoustics:

Dimitri also added some leaflefts for Ortofon e-Q7 and Final Audio Design:

Here they are ^_^. Enjoyed the packaging, simple and to the point.

The package. Really like the small carry case. Feels quite solid in the hand:

55 ohms: 

CK10:

Still getting to grips with the sound. Will post comparisons with q-JAYS and HJE900 soon. :)

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #955 of 1,585

That's good to know, I got a very similar price from Dimitri, so now feeling quite happy.

Quote:
^Wow those deals are a lot better!  With the current exchange rates, that's about as good a deal as you'd get in Japan.

Doesn't seem to be the case. They sound pretty clean and refined out of the box for me. I had the same experience with q-JAYS, so I guess the saying that armatures don't need burn-in does appear to be true.

Quote:
just curious to know if there's any burn in period for CK10s / IEMs?

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #956 of 1,585
Important question CK10 owners - Do you remember the condition of the plastic packaging when you received these? The packaging I received was quite dusty and scratched from inside out. See picture below. Also, it wasn't exactly sealed - only the plastic bit at the top was wrapped around the two layers and came open quite easily without any effort. It also broke off when I was taking this picture, which means it had been twisted a few times before I received the package. Is this how it was supposed to be or have I received an open box item? The contents inside the box are definitely new, but I suspect the box was opened once or twice earlier. Can someone please confirm as I need to get back to the dealer - the more people can give feedback on this, the more helpful it would be. :)

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #959 of 1,585
Glad to have you back in the CK10 owners camp Rawrster! I'm sure you will enjoy the CK10's once again, I know they always bring a smile to my face. 

As for the question about the box being a bit beaten up, mine looked to have a slightly worn look to it as well when I got it however it was for sure sealed and unopened. Mine had to travel quite far however from Japan to the USA so there might have been some wear in the transportation, either way the IEM's and case themselves were flawless.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #960 of 1,585
i have my box next to me, and it didn't come shrink wrapped or anything, if i remember correctly.  just that plastic tab holding the two halves together at the top.  the inside was pretty flawless and i don't see any scratches.  but is just a box, so w/e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back