Audio Technica 50th Anniversary
Oct 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #76 of 208
The wings are of the newer, wider design. They hardly play a role in the fit, Unless you have a head the size of a bear or a pigeon's.
tongue.gif

Much more imprtant is that the pads should be thicker than the and more evenly shaped than W5K's are curved and somewhat lean. And the biggest concern may be the plastic headbands that are not possible to bend as the metal ones... a clear setback IMO.

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #77 of 208
That was the fit problem of my old W5000 having the wings not being springy enough and combined with the lack of clamping, leather pads and long hair, makes it slips quite often.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #78 of 208
I really don't see how it wouldn't be possible to make them fit well. My issue with W1000X was a gap over my ears, which was fixed by making the arches curve a bit sharper. If there's a gap under your ears, just do the opposite. Clamping can be added too by shaping the arches. The cups do pivot a bit, so that covers any issues with gaps in front of or behind ears. Need to say that the pads on my W1000X could be thicker, but it's not an issue for me though. I also find the un-even design clever, as my head definitely gets more narrow behind my ears... Well, this is just me and the design really isn't close to perfect, but after made to fit, they're really comfortable. A-series have a different design, hard to say why it's not used in the higher end models. A design with less pieces is more durable and looks kind of more classy, but that's about it.

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #80 of 208
A very small number of the W3000ANV will be sold in europe, with an official release early next year. Price still TBD. Probably none of the amps though.

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #81 of 208
It will be insanely expensive in europe so no good news...

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #82 of 208
PriceJapan is taking pre-orders. It's a hard choise, really wanting those and believing that they'll top the W1000X, but obviously I can't know. Facts are that they will be at crazy prices in europe and there's not an unlimited amount of them sold in Japan...

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #83 of 208

Quote:
PriceJapan is taking pre-orders. It's a hard choise, really wanting those and believing that they'll top the W1000X, but obviously I can't know. Facts are that they will be at crazy prices in europe and there's not an unlimited amount of them sold in Japan...

Maybe take a slight gamble and order from Japan then? It is very unlikely that they will be disappointing and even if they aren't to your taste you should be able to get most of your money back by reselling them.

Unfortunately I don't have the cash handy to take my own advice.

Very pretty 'phones.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #85 of 208
Quote:
Maybe take a slight gamble and order from Japan then? It is very unlikely that they will be disappointing and even if they aren't to your taste you should be able to get most of your money back by reselling them.

Unfortunately I don't have the cash handy to take my own advice.

Very pretty 'phones.

Yeah, most likely so. Ordered my W1000X the same way and I'm loving them. =D

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up, will go over there now...lol

No problem. I suppose I need to do the exact same myself!

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #86 of 208
The web site is crap!  

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #87 of 208
The (flash) website in the OP has been updated with product info. Apparently they have 50th anniversary, cartridges, mikes,...

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #88 of 208
http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/proaudio/sc/at4050urushi/index.html

The flagship mike is absolutely stunning...

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #89 of 208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back